• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What you would change in pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    What would you change in pokemon franchise, in pokemon universe?
    What makes you unhappy?
    What would you change to make the games or the anime more fun?
    Would you add something that you have in mind? Would you remove?
    Please, remain to one thing per person, the most important according to you and tell us why.

I, myself, don't like the dual-typing in pokemon. It first started, when they made Bulbasaur half poison. That's the first time it bugged me really hard. Just because it has poison powder in its movepool. It's not that I dislike having moves of different types in a movepool. I dislike the dual-typing. Just decide in which type a pokemon belongs. I know that this is probably an unpopular opinion, but at least make Bulbasaur pure grass again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do we have to just state one thing each? In that case, this thread should go into PVP instead of PGen. But since I see potential for discussion on this, I hope you'll think it's okay that we keep it here and maybe name several things :)

I, myself, don't like the dual-typing in pokemon. It first started, when they made Bulbasaur half poison. That's the first time it bugged really hard. Just because it has poison powder in its movepool. It's not that I dislike having moves of different types in a movepool. I dislike the dual-typing. Just decide in which type a pokemon belongs. I know that this is probably an unpopular opinion, but at least make Bulbasaur pure grass again.
    That's interesting, I've never heard anyone dislike the dual-typing before. I see where you are coming from, wanting to categorize pokémon easier. I still think dual-typing is a great thing though. It allows for much more variation between pokémon species and leads to more creative and dynamic designs and ideas for pokémon and movesets. I agree that they didn't have to make Bulbasaur part poison though. It could have been fine with pure grass.

As for me, I would like an anime based on Pokémon Special manga, haha. I'll always wish for that. The current anime is cute and good in a childish way, but regarding the vast range of anime out there, they could have easily made a pokémon anime with a lot more plot. It doesn't even have to be more realistic, battles are great as they are really, without blood and slashed limbs. But a more realistic or at least more engaging and deeper plot, is what I'd wished for. From the start. It's way too late to change the Ash-anime into something like that now :p

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    I would mostly change some stupid types like Garidos being flying and water instead of dragon and water,and remove fairy types being good against dragon since dragon types used to only be weak to themselves.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    If I could change anything in Pokemon it would probably be.. Well, I know you say one thing per person but I'm going to name two.
    First, character customization. I'm so happy we have it! But I think it should be expanded on. I think we should have been able to choose the height and thickness of our character. Or maybe just the age. A lot of the Pokemon fans who were playing RBY when they came out are in their late 20s. I don't think we should have to be a child if we don't want to, especially since the whole idea of character customization is to make it more like you or a character you have.

Second, I would give all pathetic Pokemon (Dunsparce, Mightyena, Delcatty, Lunatone..) a nice evolution OR a great ability. Azumarill wouldn't be much to care about without it's ability, Huge Power. Which makes it's attack 100. Maybe similar abilities that benefit otherwise terrible Pokemon could be placed to help it be more viable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think it'd be pretty cool if they had given a baby form to all Pokémon. Well, excluding legendaries. Pokémon who are at their first evolutionary stage could have baby forms, and once they reach, say, level five, maybe they could switch to their regular forms. I could already imagine how baby Vulpix would look, haha. While Pokémon are still babies, perhaps they could restrict us from using them in battles; only way to train them would be via Experience Share.

If possible, I would also like to see them implement a system where, if we defeat the champion in-game, we get declared the new champion and are forced to defend the title against all challengers. How awesome would that be? d:

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • I think it'd be pretty cool if they had given a baby form to all Pokémon. Well, excluding legendaries. Pokémon who are at their first evolutionary stage could have baby forms, and once they reach, say, level five, maybe they could switch to their regular forms. I could already imagine how baby Vulpix would look, haha. While Pokémon are still babies, perhaps they could restrict us from using them in battles; only way to train them would be via Experience Share.

If possible, I would also like to see them implement a system where, if we defeat the champion in-game, we get declared the new champion and are forced to defend the title against all challengers. How awesome would that be? d:

The baby form idea is pretty cool. I like the idea. I also like the champion idea. I always found it weird how we beat the champion but we never have to take the role of the champion. I would love to do that sometime! :D

Right now I'll be talking about the X and Y games in particular. ^^ One thing I personally don't like are several of the camera angles. I do like the fact that it changes up your perspective, but sometimes the different camera angles make things difficult. For example in Azure Bay, they restrict your vision of the area a bit, and this made it hard for me to figure out where I was going, and I couldn't see much of the area.

Back