• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlier

Any of you guys listen to podcasts? If so which ones?

I'm an avid listener of Podcast Beyond hosted by Greg Miller. I don't like IGN at all but this podcast is absolutely amazing. It's nice to listen to these gaming journalists in a more relaxed environment. Hearing their opinions without the formal review format. You get a better feel for their personalities. But most importantly I find Greg Miller hilarious. I'm developing a total man-crush on this guy. It's a shame he has cancer.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • There are two podcasts that i'm subscribed to on my phone and listen to everytime they come out.

One would be Ear Biscuits by Rhett and Link, two of my favorite youtubers. Basically every week they have a new podcast where they interview/have a candid conversation with another well known youtuber. It's really fun to listen to and strangely when I go on my longer distance runs I listen to it.

The other one I listen to is Podtaku, featuring Garrent (Anime Zone) Tristen (Arkada/Glass Reflection)
    Holden (HoldenReviews) and Jean (who gives a **** XD) The first three are my favorite anime reviewers and I like to listen to their different opinions and views on different anime and what not.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I don't watch podcasts for entertainment purposes, strictly speaking. The majority of my lectures at uni are uploaded as podcasts after the lecture's over so if you didn't attend / want to re-listen to something you didn't understand, you're able to do so. The recording equipment never seems to be working properly though so they're audible but sound awful, and go all crackly every time the lecturer raises their voice, which is kinda irritating. Still - not complaining! It's one of the best ways to learn stuff imo.

But yeah outside of that I don't think I've ever subscribed to a podcast at all. I'm bad at keeping up with things like that and I'm not much of a subscription guy in general; I find them kinda annoying and I just end up thinking "urgh, I'll get to it later" (even though I rarely ever do) and it just doesn't work for me, haha. I prefer to find something that's already complete and move though it as fast or slow as I like.

Years
  • The only podcasts I ever listen to are:
    Sound Opinions, a music news and new music show hosted by Greg Kot (Chicago Tribune) and Jim Derogatis (Chicago Sun-Times)
    and
    Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! a quiz game show that features guest interviews/quizzes every episode.

Both are NPR affiliated. Coincidence? I think not. Awesome programming.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm kind of bad at keeping up with podcasts. I like to be able to watch people talk. Which is kind of weird because I almost never actually do when I have that option- I'm always doing something else and not looking at the video. When there isn't a video, I get even more distracted.

But anyway, I keep up pretty well with the Rooster Teeth podcast and their gaming podcast (The Patch), mainly because they have video and I like them more. idk. RT Podcast is one of the funniest shows ever tbh I just love those people a lot. I honestly don't care much about gaming but I have friends who do and know a lot about it and talk about it a lot so I may as well pay attention to people I like giving me news about it.

Speaking of friends and gaming, my buddies do their own gaming podcast called Eight Bit. I listen to that mainly out of obligation, though I don't always pay attention to it. They don't explain things as well as The Patch but they're nice and enthusiastic. I was on the show once and it was pretty fun.

And finally, there's Welcome to Night Vale. Which is a fantastic show. But again, I'm not always good at paying attention, so I have to backtrack a fair amount.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • There are two podcasts that I avidly listen to. One is the Roosterteeth Podcast (which also features The Patch) because I like to keep up to date on things video game related, as well as just the blatant fact that the members of Roosterteeth are bloody hilarious ( on a side note, I was so ecstatic when I got to meet them at PAX and get my pictures/get autographs from them xD)

The other podcast I like to listen to is Friendzone on Polaris. It's a 3 hour podcast where they play games and just chillax with one another. I especially like it because I get to see other Youtubers on their like CaptainSparklez and the Game Grumps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back