• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite character in Gates to Infinity?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Who was your favorite character in Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity? I really love all the characters in the game--I can't think of a single one I don't like. But I think my favorites are Victini, Scraggy, and Quagsire (I haven't gotten very far in the game yet though, so it could change!) I just love how Victini does this crazy pose whenever he talks about his V-Wheeeeeeel!, I think Scraggy is hilarious the way he insults you every chance he gets, and I love how Quagsire is so chill and zen but apparently he's this super powerful fighter.

Who are your favorites?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    Definitely Victini; his V-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!!!!!!!
    ans ridiculous pose, as well as incredible enthusiasm is just happiness causing. Hmm, I also like, hmm, Quagsire, and another character I don't want to spoil for you because it's part of a sweet reveal.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • The characters are the best part of the game! It's awesome that there's character development, especially for most of the main team. I think I'm way too enthusiastic about them. Sooo, I apologize in advance for the tl;dr. :P

As for my favorite, it's gotta be Emolga! He brings a lot of character to the team and shows that a team may not always get along. You can see that he really cares about Dunsparce through his interactions with him and Virizion. This is exemplified in one of my favorite moments: the expedition to the Great Glacier. Although he's serious when it comes to Dunsparce, I like his joking nature; it helps makes the team really feel like a tight-knit group you care for.

Another one I really like is probably the one that Richard's talking about.
    Spoiler:

Then there's the partner. In my opinion, the best partner in all PMD games! He's just so dedicated and forms such a bond with you. By the end of the game, you just have to feel for him. During the post-game, I found it especially sad to see him
    Spoiler:

For NPCs, I'd have to agree and go with SIR Quagsire, Scraggy, and Victini. I also want to add in Herdier. Scraggy's interactions with Quagsire and Victini are fun. And of course, da dadadahhh V-Wheeeeeeel! Herdier is the sane 'mon of Post Town, and he
    Spoiler:
    Also, his Scottish accent is fun to read (but super hard to say aloud!). :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    OMG YES THAT SCENE WAS INFURIATING!
    Spoiler:
    . And yes, he's just incredibly adorable in his uber polite behavior!Ma Nig, erm, Pikachu, was actually one of the few characters I didn't like. I found him an incredibly generic "super good good guy" stereotype, but I did feel for him at the end. Too bad they ruined the emotions by
    Spoiler:
    I did like how Emolga, Virizion, and Dunsparce interacted. The rage that you feel towards Virizion slowly fades through her actions, along with Emolga's, and when she
    Spoiler:

Shhmew

Years
  • My favorite was definitely Hydreigon.
    Spoiler:

Unfortunately not a lot of the other characters really stuck out to me :c

Back