• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2014 Oso Mudslide

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
  • This thread is for talking about a disaster that occurred 20 some miles east of where I live.

Known Facts:

The mudslide occurred on Saturday March 22nd around 11 AM Pacific Time

Parts of Highway 530 and the Stillagumish River blocked

Death toll so far is 24, 176 people still missing

49 homes and structures destroyed

Lieutenant Governor Brad Owen declared a state of emergency in Snohomish County

here is one of the latest news articles:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/25/us/washington-landslide/

Discuss

Last edited:

DanZC

Pokemon Trainer Dan
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    That's really horiffic. Twenty-four deaths? And hundreds more missing? This seems to a really big problem. Hopefully, the death toll won't rise.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Another sad thing about this is that a lot of the people who lost homes were low-to-middle income families, so they still have loans to pay off. :(:(:(

Years
  • I use to live in Snohomish county, some ways a way from Oso but I knew of the town. It's definitely a devastating blow. Many of these small towns like Oso are just barely making it by. I fear there will be more to come. Specifically, geological activity through rainier valley.

The president is suppose to come? Or did he already? I don't know I don't have a TV and live in Olympia now. But it is good! It will bring some much needed attention!

Last edited:
    Back