• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harvest Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I've seen several people in here that seem to enjoy these games. ^_^ I figured no one knew about them, lol. Well... On this thread you may talk about your favorite game from the series, or if you have any questions then you can ask here. Also, if you don't even know what it is then I'll be happy to tell you. XD

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I enjoy the Playstation one the most because of the percentage. Also, cooking is much more involved in it. The first time I played I ignored the horse and lost it. When I started my next game, I married Popuri and did pretty much everything right. You really have to give all the townspeople wrapped gifts on their birthday. This does a lot for the girl you?re wooing too. You can play as a girl in HM3 for the GBC I think, but that bad thing is if you have your kid the game ends. =/

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Yeah, I have Harvest Moon 3 on Gameboy, and it does end once you get married. ._. That's the only thing that stinks. I wish the Harvest Moon for girls would come out in America, I'm a bit tired of playing a boy, lol. >_>; But anyways, you think the PS game is better than the N64? I couldn't stop playing that, and if the Plystation game is even better then I need to get it! O_O

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    They are! ^_^ They're about farming, and many people would consider that boring, but the games are deep and they have cute characters. Plus, there's a lot of other stuff you can do, such as get married, attend festivals, raise animals, make friends, etc. And they've made the characters pretty realistic too. If you get one of the elegible girls/guys (depends on what gender you choose, though the HM for girls is only available in Japan) then they'll give you gifts on your birthday, come to visit you if you're sick, ask you to come with them to certain events, etc. Then you get married and can even have a family. o_o (But it doesn't show anything!!!) Here's a good website I just found about it: http://www.hmfarm.com It mainly has information about the games, but there are some good character pictures and screen shots. My favorite of the characters is Popuri. ^_^ You should see a picture of her on there, but if not then I'll show you one.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ah, I'd love for it to come out here. ._. But I wish it was for a platform with better graphics so we could see the characters more clearly and it would be more life-like. Have you seen any pictures yet? And I wonder if the game ends once you're married like on the 3rd one for GB.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    Ah, I'd love for it to come out here. ._. But I wish it was for a platform with better graphics so we could see the characters more clearly and it would be more life-like. Have you seen any pictures yet? And I wonder if the game ends once you're married like on the 3rd one for GB.
    No hehe sorry I haven't seen any pictures. Hopefully one will come on a more advanced system but as for seeing the characters more clearly on the gba, in case you haven't seen any pics, They show an anime style face of them when the talk to you. They also have many different kinds of expressions. I thought that was a really nice touch. (hooray! I can actually see Ann's face!)
    Oh and the gba one keeps on going after marriage, (I haven't married yet, but trust me I know!) in fact, I'm not sure if it ever ends. It might just go up to the 5th year, but who knows.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, is Ann your favorite? I like Popuri. ^_^ She's so pretty and she loves nature and plants like me! I have some sort of Anim? picture of the main characters: http://www.hmfarm.com/images/hmad.jpg It shows Ann too. ;P It is an ad for Back to Nature that I found. And for anyone who doesn't know who's who, I'll explain. (I'm doing full profiles, lol.) Though these character bios are based off of the N64 game; I've never played BTN. Someone who has can certainly add in their bios from BTN, considering their personalities and histories are a lot different.

The guy in the middle, holding that cute little dog, is Jack. (The default name, though you can call him anything you wish) He's the main character that you play. His look varies from the different games. That version is what he looks like on Harvest Moon 64, Back to Nature, and some other GB games from what I know.

The girl on the far left is Karen, one of the girls you can marry. She lives at the vineyard with her mother, Sasha, father, Gotz, (I think. o_o Uhh...) and co-worker Kai, who stays with them. She's very tempermental at first, but she'll warm up to you once she learns that you're a nice person.

The most notable of the characters is probably Popuri, who's almost right behind Karen. The reason why is because of her pink hair. It's always easy to tell who she's related to. o.o; Anyways, she lives at Florist Lilia with her mother, Lilia, and father, Basil, who is a Botanist. She adores nature and flowers, and loves to see you fill your farm with them. She also enjoys sweets, and going to the mountain.

The one with orange hair, near the little sprite is Ann. She lives at Green Ranch with her father, Hall, and brother, Grey. The first time you meet her she'll ask you if you like horses, and if you say yes then her father will let you have their baby one. Considering she loves animals, she'll often visit your farm to check on how your horse is doing, and always hopes that you'll enter the next horse race.

The little one in the back is Elli, another bacherlorette. (sp?) She's very sweet, and is more of the mother-figure of all of the girls. She works at the bakery with Jeff, the master, and her grandmother. Her cooking skills are awesome!

The girl with black hair is Maria, and she is very shy. She works at the library, and is the Mayor's daughter. At first she'll barely speak, and is very afraid of your dog, but later she'll warm up to you.

The two little boys in the picture are Kent, (brown haired one) and Stu. (black haired) Kent is very energetic and sort of nosy sometimes, but he's also pretty friendly and likes to hear about any new animals you get at your farm. Stu, though, is very shy and likes flowers, though he won't dare tell anyone but you. He's cute, though. =D

The man in red is the Mayor of Flowerbud Village. (The town you live in) He lives in one of the nicer houses in the village, and often offers some advice for starting out in your new home. Maria is his daughter, as you know.

The cow... Is just some cow that can stand up. o_o LOL. I would do more profiles but my mom's about to kick me off. e_e; I hope this helped a bit, though. If you want to know more about the characters then just ask!

100marios

Years
  • I don't know if it's different for the N64 or the PS one, but last I knew, Jeff (the guy who owns the supermarket, black hair, small mustache) was Karen's dad. Gotz is the woodsman guy, and I thought Kai only came during the summer. A lot of people for some reason say they like Karen, but actually she's 4th out of the 5 (not including the secret one) girls for me hehe.
    1.Ann
    (the first two are pretty close)
    2.Elli
    3.Popuri
    (there's a good amount of space between these two)
    4.Karen
    (A lot of space in between!)
    5.Mary
    You're right Kayleigh! Ann is my favorite! Good job on the bios too! *smiles*
    Oh and imagine the anime pictures of the characters on the site you gave, on the gba game. They look like that (and they have different expressions for different occasions) except you only see from about the waist, up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Cool, I can't wait to see them! ^_^ On the 3rd Harvest Moon game on Gameboy, which I have, there's not really much to do. The character's say the exact same thing all day, even though I've been talking to them and giving everyone items and gifts all of the time. e_e; On Friends of Mineral Town do they actually have personalities and say different things?

And my brother likes Karen a lot. >_>; And Elli. I think after I bothered him about Popuri being the prettiest he's sort of changed his mind. *cackles* (JK, lol. ;P)

100marios

Years
  • Eventually when you give the girls enough gifts and their heart level increases (it's supposed to be harder in the gba one) they begin to say different things. Also depending on the time and their location they might say different things too. Unfortunately though, They only say 2 different things when you talk to them. When you talk to them they might say, for ex. "hello*
    and when you talk to them again they might say "how are you?" (Don't worry, most of the time their conversations are a bit more......interesting hehe) They will repeat the second thing they say if you keep talking to them, and will change when you leave the room or area. Oh and from what I've seen, Elli has a lot of cutscenes. Ann has a few too, and since I'm not going for Popuri, I haven't seen a whole bunch. I've seen two for Karen and practically none for Mary hehe.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    This game looks so cute! n_n *bookmarks the page* since I gotta go know, I'd read this later. o.o;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ohh, well okay. ^_^ I can't wait to play it then. Do you get to attend festivals like on the PS and N64 games? (And probably some others...)

<EDIT> Okay Miyu! =D I'll tell you some more about it if you'd like. They are really cute games!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Their sayings on the GBA are almost exactly the same as the one on the Playstation. ^_^; I like Popuri best ?cause she has pink hair XD I have married Ann in the past though, on the N64.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, another pink-hair fan! XD I've never played the PS one anyways, so it will still be new for me. Don't you get to get married and have a family too, though? (On the GBA one)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back