• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Awakening (Signup/OOC)

starfur

pokenerd
Years

• AWAKENING
    5/10 roles open

---- ---- ---- ---- intro ---- ---- ---- ----

You slept last night, but just barely. You were almost too excited. And who could blame you?

"My Pokemon journey starts tomorrow," you mused drowsily before slipping into the comforting embrace of darkness. After a night full of preparations and restlessness, your dreams were full of frolicking Pokemon, and your dream-self was there doing exactly what you aspired to do someday - battle, breed, compete, whatever.

When you woke, though, you knew at once there was something amiss. Your arms and legs felt wrong, and so did just about everything else. Even your half-asleep groan sounded unusual, though you were too disoriented to place what, exactly, was wrong with it. You couldn't help but note absently that the ceiling light above you looked a lot like those in the local Pokemon centers...

---- ---- ---- ---- info ---- ---- ---- ----

Awakening is a human-turned-Pokemon rp based in a faraway region called Annis. Here, you will find Pokemon of every origin, from Kanto to Kalos and everywhere in-between - though the humans speak a strange language you can't understand. Luckily for you, Pokemon are Pokemon wherever you go. After you wake up in a Pokemon center full of other humans-turned-Pokemon, a host of GM-run NPCs will lead you through the Annis region by way of guidance and rumor alike; it is up to you to decide what to do. Will you follow the trail of breadcrumbs in hopes of finding a way home? Will you camp out in the woods, glad for the change? Will you lead a team of your fellow refugees, intent on paving your own way home?

---- ---- ---- ---- guidelines ---- ---- ---- ----

• Awakening is a semi-statless RP, meaning there are levels, but they are awarded by the GM on the basis of in-character accomplishments. In other words, you level up when the plot moves forward. You get to decide if you learn certain moves or evolve as the options come.
    • You can choose any Pokemon from any region, but it cannot be a Legendary, and it must be in the first tier of its evolutionary line. You can start anywhere between levels 1 and 10, unless your Pokemon would evolve right from the get-go based on your level choice.
    • This is a T-rated rp. Keep gore, violence, swearing, and "adult" themes to a minimum.
    • This RP is open world, so you're free to follow the metaphroical breadcrumbs or ignore them!
    • No powerplaying, godmodding, metagaming, etc. This should go without saying.

---- ---- ---- ---- the Annis region ---- ---- ---- ----

The Annis region is a small group of islands near the equator. The largest island is shaped vaguely like a crescent moon with the points facing northeast. The south of the island is dominated by a large forest, while the west is filled with a mountain range. Rivers cross the center of the island. An atoll called Lagoon Isle sits in the concave of Annis' main body of land. North of Lagoon Isle is a smaller cluster called the Fragment Isles. Lagoon Isle and the Fragment Isles are mostly made up of sparse woods and vast beaches, with the odd meadow here and there.

Cities, towns, and villages dot the Annis region, ranging from the plains to the mountains to the woods and the beaches; there's even a ruin hidden in the hills of the largest Fragment Isle. See how far you can explore!

---- ---- ---- ---- character auditions ---- ---- ---- ----

GM example -

Name: Finnian
    Nationality: Kalos
    Future Plans: to be an assistant to Nurse Joy
    Personality: arrogant, vain, rough around the edges, caring, devoted, strong of will
    Appearance: shaggy blonde hair pulled back in a bun, dark freckled skin, deep brown eyes, 5'3", stocky

New Species: Furfrou
    Level: 7
    Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Sand Attack

Other information: Finnian lives with her dad and two little brothers (twins, two years younger than her). She learned to play rough early on, but she has a maternal streak a mile wide and she learned first aid as soon as her father thought she was ready to handle more advanced supplies than a band-aid. At seven, Finnian took to bringing in injured Pokemon and caring for them. She's still tough as nails, but she knows how to heal as well as she knows how to fight.

RP excerpt: A wail echoed out in the spring air, and with a long-suffering sigh, Finnian pulled herself from her homework and tossed a glance out the window. She didn't really need to look to know what had happened; it was the same thing almost every week, and she was more than used to it. There lay Benny, one of her brothers, sprawled out on the grass with a scuffed knee. Finnian could see from the second floor that the eight year old was blubbering like no tomorrow. Her other brother, Tammy, was nowhere to be seen. At a guess, Finnian figured Tammy had been at least partially responsible for the accident, and was currently in hiding.

The eldest of the siblings signed once again as she pushed back from her desk. She snatched a little red-and-white box up from its drawer and started downstairs. By the time Finnian opened the front door, the neighbors were peering out their windows to take in the scene Benny was making. The older girl winced for a moment, then frowned and marched over to the prone figure of her felled brother. Finnian held her head high and refused to acknowledge the stares as she knelt in the grass and began tending to Benny's knee. She pointedly ignored his continued thrashing and crying. Once the boy was properly bandaged, Finnian took a strip of medical tape and sealed his mouth shut. Before Benny could really process what she had done and make to chase her, Finnian had bolted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    May I enter a character?

Name: Riley Blythe

Nationality: Unova

Future Plans: Get together with Anala Elderberry

Personality: Kind, compassionate, quirky, silly

Appearance: Blonde hair, brown eyes, red short-sleeve shirt over black long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans, red and white sneakers

New Species: Eevee

Moveset: Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip

Other information: Riley lives in Castelia City with his parents and little brother Reece, aged 8. Riley's little brother is the world to him and he aims to protect Reece, and will quickly become angry if someone hurts his sibling (the same is true in reverse). A few blocks away lives Anala. Riley is in love with Anala because of an incident all those years back when she saved him from a bully attempting to beat him up and take his lunch money, despite the fact that they had never met. Also because he admires both the headstrong and fierce side of her personality, and the more rarely-seen sweet and soft side. However, Riley finds himself constantly carrying her bags and bailing her out of trouble, because Anala knows Riley will go to long lengths for her. However, despite this, Anala genuinely cares about Riley and sees him as a good friend, though she would respect him more if he stopped his childlike "worship" of her.

Riley is usually getting into zany scrapes (it seemed to start just as he met Anala) which his parents disapprove of. They are overbearing towards Reece in the hopes that he will not put himself into so many sticky situations. Riley often takes Reece out of the house for brotherly days of fun and relaxation around the city. Reece looks up to his big brother and aspires to be just like him. Riley, while appreciating the gesture, wants Reece to grow up to be his own person.

starfur

pokenerd
    Years
  • May I enter a character?

Name: Riley Blythe

Nationality: Unova

Future Plans: Get together with Anala Elderberry

Personality: Kind, compassionate, quirky, silly

Appearance: Blonde hair, brown eyes, red short-sleeve shirt over black long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans, red and white sneakers

Moveset: Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip

Other information: Riley lives in Castelia City with his parents and little brother Reece, aged 8. Riley's little brother is the world to him and he aims to protect Reece, and will quickly become angry if someone hurts his sibling (the same is true in reverse). A few blocks away lives Anala. Riley is in love with Anala because of an incident all those years back when she saved him from a bully attempting to beat him up and take his lunch money, despite the fact that they had never met. Also because he admires both the headstrong and fierce side of her personality, and the more rarely-seen sweet and soft side. However, Riley finds himself constantly carrying her bags and bailing her out of trouble, because Anala knows Riley will go to long lengths for her. However, despite this, Anala genuinely cares about Riley and sees him as a good friend, though she would respect him more if he stopped his childlike "worship" of her.

Riley is usually getting into zany scrapes (it seemed to start just as he met Anala) which his parents disapprove of. They are overbearing towards Reece in the hopes that he will not put himself into so many sticky situations. Riley often takes Reece out of the house for brotherly days of fun and relaxation around the city. Reece looks up to his big brother and aspires to be just like him. Riley, while appreciating the gesture, wants Reece to grow up to be his own person.

Looks good! Can you add a roleplay excerpt though? Just a paragraph or two of writing for your character. If you need help thinking of something to write about, PM me and I'll give you a couple of prompts to choose from! :- )

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Looks good! Can you add a roleplay excerpt though? Just a paragraph or two of writing for your character. If you need help thinking of something to write about, PM me and I'll give you a couple of prompts to choose from! :- )

Missed that part. Here you go:

RP excerpt:

With the picnic basket under them, Reece Blythe and Anala Elderberry sat there, awkwardly saying nothing as they aimlessly looked around at the small park area with a ring of grass surrounding a solitary tree, a rare scene of nature in this industrial city. And to think they had had to go through a sewer to get here, even if only for a brief few moments. Well, at least they hadn't run into Team Plasma like those other trainers.

"Why isn't your brother here?" asked Anala to the younger child, breaking the silence.

Reece shrugged, and was just about to say something...

*RUSTLE*

A boyish head with brown eyes and blonde hair poked out of the tree before it advanced further out, revealing an attached body. "Sorry for the holdup, guys," he apologized, placing a picnic basket down in front of them.

Anala sighed, her eyes going half-lidded. "And there he goes. Riley's always showing up in the most non-normal ways imaginable. Falling through the roof, teleporting in... I could go on."

'I hope she likes that trait in guys,' thought Riley optimistically, opening the basket before grabbing a sandwich that seemed like it would burst with all the filling inside.

He opened his maw as wide as an anaconda's and prepared to chow down. He then noticed something out of the corner of his eye.

A lone Rattata lying in the corner. It looked rather thin, as if underfed. Not to mention its look of lament.

Riley got up, tore a piece off his sandwich, walked over to the Rattata, and held out the morsel. "Here," he said, smiling.

The Rattata looked up at the human, and eyed him suspiciously, as if he might throw a Poké Ball while it was distracted.

The Ratta further observed the person. Eyes gleaming with innocence and sincerity, it knew the boy had meant his offer.

It reached its paws out to take the sandwich and slowly took bite after bite. The sense of relief and rejuvenation was nothing short of satisfying... and pretty tasty, too.

Soon enough, what was once a small portion of a sandwich was now just crumbs in front of the rodent Pokémon.

Rattata decided to show thanks.

It got up and headed towards the staircase that led to the sewers from whence the boy - as well as the younger boy resembling the former, and the girl - had come.

"Why is it leading us to the sewers?" asked Anala.

"I dunno, maybe it knows about some super-secret section!" said Riley excitedly, as he followed the Rattata. He was one for doing kind things without expecting a reward, but who knew what this Pokémon's intentions were?

Anala and Reece looked at each other, then decided to go with him.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I'll have thse done as soon as possible.

Who I Was...

efbc1eb6bf31e28ade27ef576a90a229-d65jzp2.png
    Crescent Savich//15//Female
    From The Cities of Sinnoh

Future Plans: Becoming a Pokemon Professor

Personality:

~She does not tolerant any kind of childish mockery or people that lie
    ~Crescent prefers to analyze the situation before making any choice
    ~She has an antisocial nature due to not being a people-person, but is comfortable in talking about facts
    ~Crescent is always investigating the things she doesn't know
    ~Even though she's practically independent, she feels lonely deep inside
    ~Without hesitation, Crescent will always be bold no matter what

RP Sample:

It was another lonely day for Crescent Savich. Her father was always attending business meetings in Jubilife City, and her mother was going on a tour in Unova based on her latest movie. It's the hit on my career! Her mother had celebrated. Her bother was nowhere to be seen, probably hanging out with the cool kids and boasting his pokemon again. It's been so long, she doesn't mind being by herself at all. Truth be told, that vulnerable part of her hates her life as the rich kid. She may have all the wealth in the world, but she's decaying on the inside. On the days where their huge mansion in Hearthome City was bare, she'd sneak in to her father's study and read the different theories about the coexistence of pokemon and humans. She'd already remembered every piece of information there is in the books, but she went in there for safe measures.

She didn't let the thunder roaring outside scare her a bit, and she relaxed in her father's chair. This time, she had a book about Arceus, the suppose god of all pokemon. She didn't get the theories much, but she was fascinated by it. As she read, she thought about how the people, archeologists specifically, could discover such ancient information. She fanaticized then about how the endless days if exploring ruins beyond their comprehension, the dead ends they came upon, the missing links... Frankly, Crescent wished she could have an adventure of her own. She was still too young and a bit impatient to become a pokemon trainer, but that's not what she had her sights in. She heard the rain steadily increase from outside, and she got up and left the study how she found it, and walked across the hall up the stairs. All you could hear was the storm and her lonely footsteps echoing from the marble floor, and the silent tears that came.

Who I Am...

607.gif
    Litwick
    Level 9
    Heat Wave~Acid~Astonish~Fire Spin

Last edited:

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Oh gee, I'm so nervous, I decided to get out of the shadows and roleply and oof, I want to apply here so, um,

May I reserve a spot? I'm working on my oc right now. c:

starfur

pokenerd
    Years
  • Oh gee, I'm so nervous, I decided to get out of the shadows and roleply and oof, I want to apply here so, um,

May I reserve a spot? I'm working on my oc right now. c:

No problem! That's half the slots taken. Five more!

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    fp9nc4.jpg

Name: Ruby
    Nationality: Hoenn
    Future Plans: To be one of the Elite Four
    Personality: Always the laid-back with an unfazed attitude, indifferent to winning, hates losing. Ruby is a person who observes rather than take action, introverted with a touch of nonchalance, she keeps calm in situations, be it life-threatening or not. Mostly polite but at times, witty and sarcastic with a biting tone in most conversations, she has no clue nor is she willing to participate in socializing without prompting.​

200.gif

New Species: Misdreavus
    Level: 8
    Moveset: Will-O-Wisp, Psywave, Growl, Spite

Other information: An only child. An aunt. Pokemon. Those were the only constant in her life, she who's only majority of friends are the strange creatures that inhabits the world. She who watches with keen eyes and a wish to participate battles between Trainers and their Pokemon.

She who has one goal: To get strong and become an Elite.

[ RP excerpt: ]

A simple park, peaceful and quiet. Pierced by cries of Pokemon.

"That is a foolish move." She murmurs, eyes glancing away from the book she was reading to the side, where there were two pokemon clashing with one another, their trainers at each end, shouting commands and encouragements. They were at it for more than two minutes, Ruby knew for she was at the park thirty minutes ago, reading a book on the bench by herself.

Ruby observed them again for a moment, she can already tell she was distracted and chose not to continue reading before she stood up and left. Her pokegear rang and with elegance, took out the device from where she had kept it and answered, "Yes?"

"Ah! Ruby! It's time for lunch, dear, come home before you starve!" Her Aunt said, even through the pokegear, her voice portrayed maternal and warmth. Always caring and always there.

"I am on my way, Auntie." Ruby replied, always soft and a little quiet, smiling a tad bit.

"Alrighty! I'll be waiting- Oh! Lava is waiting too!" And with that, the short call ended.

She shook her head, still smiling, the young teen could already see both her aunt and their faithful house companion, Lava the Growlithe - her Auntie wasn't creative when it comes to names - standing at the door, welcoming her home.

The girl looked up at the sky, blue and cloudy.

"I do wonder what will we have for lunch today."

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Don't you love a good placeholder?

Before The Transformation...
    latest

Logan Rachelle//13//Male
    From The Eastern Islands of Hoenn

FUTURE PLANS
    To become a Gym Leader

PERSONALITY
    A very friendly person. Logan actually enjoys change, unlike most people. He gets annoyed easily, however, especially by little children. He often is not afraid to speak his mind, and many of these instances can make people angry. He likes to be around other people and Pokémon, which is why he wants to become a Gym Leader. He likes to be around people most of the time. Normally, he is very calm. Logan likes excercise like running and sports. He always tries to make other people feel confident, though he is way too overconfident himself. He is a great leader. Logan is very brave, but likes to show off.

The Aftermath

133.gif
    Eevee
    Level 6
    Growl~Tackle~Tail Whip~Sand Attack

Other

OTHER

Logan lives with his 6-year old sister Ellen. His father is almost never home, being a Gym Leader in a faraway region.

WRITING SAMPLE

ELLEN & THE BAGON

The island was a very peaceful place. Pokemon of all kinds coins sunbathe, swim in the warm waters, or whatever they pleased. It was a nice place, far off the coast of Hoenn. It was a small island that doesn't show itself on maps of the region. The population was about 16, with visitors coming every so often.

At this time, Logan was only eleven. Today would be his first real experience with Pokemon. A cousin of theirs was traveling to Kalos for the weekend, and needed someone to take care of his Bagon. Logan looked out the window, watching the carefree Tailow soar overheat. Ellen was playing with the shelves in their parent's bedroom. The Bagon was... somewhere.

That's all he knew. The Pokemon was somewhere.

Suddenly, Ellen screamed. "Bagel! Bagel!" she cried. Well, at least now Logan knew where the Bagon was. A large crash followed the screams. All the cabinets in their parent's room had been knocked over like doninoes. Ellen liked to make messes, and their parents were out shopping. So Logan rushed to the scene.

Absolutely everything was on the floor. Clothes were scattered about, and Ellen was sitting on the floor, laughing as the Bagon licked whipped cream off her face. Disasters like this were practically a daily event in the Rachelle household.

Logan remembered what had happened that morning. When Uncle Henry had given Bagon's Poke Ball Tori's mother, she put it in her purse. Immediately, Logan started digging through it. Makeup, jewelry, her wallet, and then at last, the Poke Ball.

He recalled the Pokemon, then lifted up Ellen, who was giggling. Logan wasn't exactly impressed.

"I don't know what's gotten into you lately..." he sighed, "Come on, lets go clean you up."

Logan carried Ellen to the bathroom, constantly looking back at the mess. He knew that having another kid was a bad idea. If only his parents listened to him...

Last edited:

Blackrose7

Black Rose Beauty! ^w^
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Before The Transformation...

Name: Angelica Huston
    Nationality: Sinnoh
    Future Plans: To become Annis's champion
    Personality: Kind, Cheerful, Adventurous, Shy, Polite, Brave, Carefree, and Very Protective of her Siblings
    Appearance: Long Straight Pink Hair, Blue Eyes, Beautiful Purple Dress, 6'7"

The Aftermath
    Level: 10
    Moveset: Tackle, Baby-Doll Eyes, Sand Attack, Swift

RP Excerpt: I will edit this later. ^w^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    I'm interested in signing up, but I do have a quick question. Do we need to be single/first form mons? Or are evolved ones allowed too? :3

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i miiight want to join this too, partially depending on what the answer to Chie's question above is...

also, i don't know if you noticed, but there's three Eevees in play now. maybe that's a little over the top?

Back