• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What constitutes as "linking to a forum" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    im just curious what "officially" constitutes as linking to a forum. reason i ask is because just recently Phoenix316 posted a note in which he said i cant link to forums in my sig. now, i have already read the rules and know about this. the link is to my site. although it does have forums on t, by no means are they the main attraction. and to add to that, one week from today the site will have been officially up for 2 whole years. within that time there have been only 22 posts on the forums. and the majority of those posts are in the staff forum which is locked away for staff only.

of course, imo, i think he may have mistaken my post for the one right aove his in which there was a link which was explicitly named "My Forum" and went to a proboards site.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • Linking to forums is basically... advertising a forum. For example:

"I came from Serebii forums."
    That isn't advertising.

"I came from these forums: {insert SPPf url here}."
    "I came from SPPf. The link is in my sig."
    And soforth. That's advertising.

Also, you're allowed to advertise forums anywhere except for in posts and PMs. ^_^;

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    nvm. must have been having a blonde moment. lol. in my post i directly linked to a topic over at sppf. phoenix threw in the word "sig" which completely threw me off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back