• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays Pokémon is back for new Crystal run!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024

Yup, it's back! (And yes, it is still a thing :P)

This time we're playing a really ambitious hack of Pokémon Crystal, with a completely remastered story, new maps, a sophisticated external AI engine - we're even starting in Kanto.

Over $1,000 have apparently been put towards the creation of this hack, and its dev staff even includes Koolboyman.

So yeah - it's starting tomorrow at 21:00 UTC (4PM EST) at twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

So hyped. ~​

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    Seconded. It would be nice to give the hack a look, without having to wait however long it takes for the stream to get anywhere.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Is there a chance that a patch could be made available so the folks at home can try it out?

Seconded. It would be nice to give the hack a look, without having to wait however long it takes for the stream to get anywhere.

The ROM is due for release after the game is completed. And since we're catching all 251 Pokémon, that might be a while. ^^'

It's prequel, Red Anniversary, is available to download, or to buy as a physical cartridge. That was a fun project to do ~

The ROM is due for release after the game is completed. And since we're catching all 251 Pokémon, that might be a while. ^^'

It's prequel, Red Anniversary, is available to download, or to buy as a physical cartridge. That was a fun project to do ~
    Nice, thanks for the info. I'll check out Red Anniversary and wait patiently for the current game to become available (I can see why you wouldn't want someone leaking the surprises before the stream gets there). Good luck catching em all. I'd especially like to see how some of the legendaries and starters were handled.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I've watched it and man, this one is really really crazy and I'll definitely play it once it's released.

I would post some long paragraphs on how awesome it is, but I prefer for you to watch from the beginning and skim through some parts (especially important ones) because I'd rather not spoil them.

All in all, I hope this will take Gen 2 hacking to the next level since we already got very impressive Gen 1 hacks and I hope for the same for Gen 2.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Looks like the run has finished and it's a great ride. Now we have to wait for the release of it.

The ROM is due for release after the game is completed. And since we're catching all 251 Pokémon, that might be a while. ^^'~

As far as I can tell (as I don't keep up with the Twitch streams) the run ended a little while ago. I can't seem to find the patch for Crystal Anniversary by Googling around. Is there a direct link to it somewhere obvious that I'm just not seeing? Or has it still not been released?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2016
    unfortunently the hack isnt finished yet, im actually surprised how long it's taking. the only way u will find out first hand when the hack is released is by checking the subreddit of twitchplayspokemon.
    look at the top where it says highlighted in grey that crystal 251 isnt released yet but pbr2.0 is. we're waiting for that title to change, and i check the latest news and releases topic just in case they forget to update the title.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    For anyone that is interested, the final patch is now out. There are also going to be distributions of famous TPP 'mons that can be obtained in the Goldenrod PCC, after completing the Pokedex.

Back