• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea for the MCG forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewSkitty

I love everyone!
Years
  • I spend a lot of time in the clubs at SPPf and here, and I noticed that sometimes a topic can go way of topic for a long time, and no one seems to bother making the people go back on track. So, I made up a plan to fix this problem. Someone can go around reading every single thread that's very active and make sure people are staying on topic for the most part. If they are SPAMing too much, the thread gets a warning point. There can by a stickied thread with the list of topics and their warning points, but only the ones with warning points. Also, if a topic stays on topic for a good amount of time, they can get warning points tooken away, but after they get 5 warning points, the thread is closed and another one won't be allowed to be remade for at least a week or so.

So, what do you think of my idea? If it's good enough, I'll present it to to mods at the MCG. The only downside I see is finding someone who's online a lot and is willing to read all the new posts in all the active threads every day.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    It's up to the mods to decide whether a thread is on- or off-topic ^^; if it gets too heavy, then it's normally a case of a warning, and if that's ignored then a closure.
    Warning points are too difficult to keep track of ^^; makes it easier just letting the mods judge :3 we don't want to be too strict

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • I assume you're talking about Member Fanclubs, right?

Well... I was experiencing a major drift issue there back after my initial promotion. People were drifting and treating the place like a miniature DCC. =\ I took action, and most people stopped. Of course, there are still a few random drifting cases, but you can't always expect a thread to stay on-topic.

Aside from that, I don't really like your idea of the warning point system. As Claire said, that comes across as strict, whereas Toto and I are trying to be lenient unless absolutely necessary.

As for your last statement... I try to check all clubs on a daily basis, but if you see a club swerving offtopic for a considerable time (say, 5-10 posts at the minimum), feel free to send me a PM and I'll take care of it. ^^;

MewSkitty

I love everyone!
    Years
  • Okay. sorry if I seem too strict sometimes, i have an obsession with following rules and making others around me follow them. Well, since I have so many ideas, next time i'll just start a thread for all my ideas so I don't have so many threads in this area.

Years
  • Ok, since you understand no need for it to stay open and have an arguement since the start is ok with what has been decided ^^.Thanks for the cooperation!
    ~CLOSED~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back