• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shuko's (Experimental) Modifications

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
  • Okay, here's the thing. I wanna try doing sprites. I may decide I like it and keep it up, or I may not. :/ At this point I dunno. But I figure that the first (and only) one I've tried didn't take me long at all, and turned out halfway decent. So I'll give it a shot. But here's the thing: I wanna do only certain kinds of sprites, mkay? I want to modify existing ones in weird ways, or create entirely new ones. Otherwise, I don't think I'll get the kind of creative outlet I'm craving. Anyway, we'll see what happens if this ball gets rolling.

Anyway, I'll take the first few (reasonable) suggestions that come along, and I'll try to get 'em done for you in a day or two. I've got work, softball, and Marvel VS. competing for my time, tho, so don't be surprised if it DOES take a day and a half to two days to get your sprite, lol. Anyway, below is my work, such as it stands. Not much, huh? Wanna offer me a suggestion?

sprite.bmp
    flannery_sexy.png
    flannery_pretty.png
    erika_mermaid.png
    brock_merman.png
    flannery_mermaid.png
    wingedhorse.png
    spriteyb.png

misty_mermaid.png

Here's a tip: You could try to get me to mod a character or a pokemon into something outrageous, like, oh... I dunno, say Ash as a hula girl or something. But keep it tasteful and keep it doable. And by doable I mean don't tell me to put eighty arms on something, lol. Okay, let's hear it!

Last edited:

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • The sprite you've provided looks perfect. Impeccable job.

As far as giving you something to experiment with, I can definitely do that. Heeeeeee~ I'm going to enjoy this very much.

Flnry.bmp

Put her into a bikini. Mwuahaha! *cough, cough*

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Tendo said:
    The sprite you've provided looks perfect. Impeccable job.

As far as giving you something to experiment with, I can definitely do that. Heeeeeee~ I'm going to enjoy this very much.

Flnry.bmp

Put her into a bikini. Mwuahaha! *cough, cough*

:P Somethin' tells me you've been searchin' for just the right time and place to address this one... XD

Do you want her in the same pose? And do you have a color preference? Those two things should give me enough info. :P

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • If your feeling creative, sure. If not, the same pose will do. As far as the color goes, I think Flannery's red hot self would look nice in something cooler? Maybe, a sky blue bikini? Yes, that's perfect, sky blue it is.

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Mkay. Flannery does look good in blue. :P I couldn't decide which one to pick, since each has its merits (and each has its flaws). I'll let you decide which one you like better. :P I have to attach them for now, as photobucket is undergoing maintenance at the moment.

Sexy Flannery: I made this one with roughly the same head (very few modifications) but a whole new body from scratch. She looks taller and more mature than the original.

Pretty Flannery: I did the least amount of work possible for this one. :P It's Flannery in the same pose as the original, but with a bikini. Not much else to it. Just altered the body a bit.

All in all, it took me about two and a half hours for these. Let me know if you like them!

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • Oh... My... Those are absolutely gorgeous, especially the sexy Flannery. *drools* =o
    You've done an awesome job Shuko!

In response to your previous statement:
    Shuko said:
    Okay, here's the thing. I wanna try doing sprites. I may decide I like it and keep it up, or I may not.
    I think it's evident; you definitely need to keep this talent up.

Now if you'll please excuse me, I'm going to go add sexy Flannery to my signature & I'm definitely giving you props.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Tendo said:
    Oh... My... Those are absolutely gorgeous, especially the sexy Flannery. *drools* =o
    You've done an awesome job Shuko!

In response to your previous statement:

I think it's evident; you definitely need to keep this talent up.

Now if you'll please excuse me, I'm going to go add sexy Flannery to my signature & I'm definitely giving you props.

Well, I'm glad you liked them. :) Personally, I thought the body didn't really match the head very well, but it was the best I could do without starting all over again, lol. And I figured two and a half hours on two sprites was enough for me. At least for now. I appreciate the link back too. That was nice. :P

5/18/05 2:23 CST: It looks like Photobucket is having sucky downtimes off and on today. I'll just keep my sprites attached for now. Hopefully they'll show up again in the messages too.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • Shuko said:
    5/18/05 2:23 CST: It looks like Photobucket is having sucky downtimes off and on today. I'll just keep my sprites attached for now. Hopefully they'll show up again in the messages too.
    I know, my TCard wouldn't show up. I had used filestash for the Flannery sprite. ;_; I hope PB gets things fixed up quickly.

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • DarkPegasus said:
    That is no more than I ask,I know it is very difficult,but you seem to be a talented spriter.

Bleh... butter me up with praise, eh? Well, we'll just see how far that gets you! :P I haven't had a chance to work on it yet. I'm doing housecleaning today. But I'll be able to work on it this evening, I'm sure.

And as for the Merman brock, that one sounds like a lotta fun. I'll do that one next. No more requests until I get these two finished!! XD

Edit: Well, I'm sorry, but I've decided that the balrog is just too much detail for a small sprite like I wanted to make 'im. I could try to do just the face, if you want, but I can't make that one otherwise. Really though, I'd rather just do Pokemon or other common videogame sprites, lol. :P I hope you're not mad at me.

As for the Brock merman, here ya go. I hope you like it. :P It turned out a little differently than Erika, but I wanted it that way. He's like a different species, lol.

brock_merman.png

Last edited:
    Back