• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Viz has the Hikaru no Go anime...apparently

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    After denying that they had the anime, Viz thought it would be fun to let people think other companies had it. Voice director Rob Bakewell said that dubbing of the series is underway, and that Sam Vincent will be playing Hikaru, practically confirming the dub will be a Vancouver one, most likely either Ocean Studios or Westwood.

The only thing missing is Viz Media themselves saying, "We have the Hikaru no Go anime."

Years
  • Oh, Viz has got it all right. The new issue of ShonenJump number31 July issue has a page on the Hikaru No Go soon to be anime. If Shonen Jump has a page on it in the magazine then Viz is gonna have the Anime.

Rated R Superstar?

Rated "R" Superstar
    Years
  • Whatever happens,it WILL NOT have a place on Toonami-or Cartoon network in general. What kids are going to watch a show,with kids playing Go? There is no action,Duel Masters is there because they have the Yu-Gi-Oh like monsters. Anime Fans will love this,but the majority of viewers will not. I'll even probaly watch this,as I like Hikaru no Go.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Hikaru no Go will not appeal to kids to begin with. Seriously, go's a very fun game and is interesting to play, but it as an anime will not appeal to kids, since go's probably more "boring" than Chess...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    True.. It's a shame, though. I like Hikaru no Go, though you guys are right; it has no place on Cartoon Network, and the majority of viewers might not watch it. ><"

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Umm..yeah, Hikaru No Go...its...about...Go.

Go...is a very...very...very...dull...game. Like less interesting chess. And the ghost looks like a woman. I don't get it.

Its too weird...and dull. Not even any fan service.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Go's a very interesting tactical army-based game mate. It's neither better nor worst than Chess IMO, but it's more "boring" to others, that's true.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Hikaru no go is an awesome anime..

i'm pretty sure i knew viz had it long ago if i can remember correctly...

Years
  • I recently downloaded the order form for the july issue of Diamond Previews, they have a listing for the first volume of Hikaru No Go from Viz Media. I will rent it before buying to see how I like it.

dantethekllr

rare/shiny pokemon hunter
    Years
  • hikaru no go's anime is coming out in america???????WHY WASN'T I INFORMED EARLIER!?!?!?!?i MUST have the dvd when it comes out!!!!!!!!!also naruto...

Back