• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old School Tri-Color Deck (Unlimited)

RaikouRider243

Lightning Swordsman
Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    I retired from the Pok?mon TCG when NeoDestiny was released, and I think I had a killer deck back then. Check this out.

Energy: 30
    9x Fire Energy
    9x Water Energy
    9x Lightning Energy
    Double Colorless Energy
    2x Rainbow Energy

Basic: 13
    Lugia LV45 NeoGen
    Ho-oh (Colorless, Rainbow Burn)
    Raikou LV40 NeoRev, foil
    Entei LV25 NeoRev, rare
    Suicune LV33 NeoRev, foil
    2x Magmar LV31 Fossil
    2x Electabuzz LV35 Base Set
    2x Lapras LV31 Fossil
    2x Kangaskhan LV40 Jungle

Trainer: 17
    3x Bill
    4x Energy Search
    Energy Stadium
    2x Energy Removal
    2x Potion
    Energy Retrieval
    Super Energy Retrieval
    2x Revive
    Computer Search

Sauber C9

Mr. Anderson...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2005
    Potpourii(sp) does not work in unlimited... and you never EVER use energy search in ANY deck at all. Same with Revive and Energy Retrieval. You're just trying to cover too many bases. Because of this, focused unlimited decks will rip you apart.

RaikouRider243

Lightning Swordsman
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    What I meant was taking into consideration what sets were available at that time. I meant evaluate it from the NeoDestiny metagame. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I knew that this deck wouldn't work in today's meta.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Doesn't matter. There's too many problems with the deck for it to even work in a ND-back environment. Let's start with the basics...

Too much energy (start with 20 and work down)
    Too few Trainers (start with 20 and work up)
    Bad Trainers (ditch everything, and start with Oak, Comp Search, and Item Finder)
    Bad Pokemon (the Legendaries are all trash, and Lapras and Kangaskhan aren't much better)
    Too many energy types

For a Potpourri deck, try using Pokemon that use as few colored energy as possible. Good examples of this are Jungle Scyther, Base Electabuzz, and Base Hitmonchan, which are also the good Haymaker cards. If I were to Potpourri, I'd go with Scyther, Buzz, Chan, Sneasel, Mr. Mime, and MAYBE Fossil Magmar. All of those are speedy Pokemon with low energy costs and can be powered either with Rainbow or DCE. Also, don't forget your Babies, which are ultimate stallers and the best defense in the game.

Da Schwarz

Yall Want a Single?
    Years
  • this... is old school?

wow, am i behind!
    Im still stuck in the base set ages though with very few "new" cards

Back