PDA

View Full Version : X-men: New Dawn

Shiney
July 27th, 2005, 06:55 PM
In the world of X-men, professor Xavier runs a school for gifted youngsters. Namely, Mutants. Mutands, or people hwo have mutated, giving them a strange power or ability are taught to cope with and control their powers here, while continuing with their education. Of course, the fact that the school is really a "training ground" for mutants has recently become public, and the students are usually subjected to torment, though very rarely is it something the authorities can intervene on, as the legal battle for the integrity of the school begins to heat up...

In this RP, we sign up as students, and try to continue our lives as usual, coping with our abilities. I do have a plot planned for a little bit later, but first we should get an understanding of our characters.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality: (optional)
History: (optional)
Power: (this shouldn't overpower your character, but it shouldn't keep them helpless, either. Try to use common sense.)
Other: (optional, anything else you want to add about your character)

Kurosaki
July 27th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Name: David
Appearance: 5'11" with short red hair and blue eyes. He wears a plain black shirt and a pair of navy blue jeans, along with a pair of black running shoes. He has an average build, and wears a thin gold chain necklace with a cross charm on it.
Personality:
History: A year ago, David was betrayed by his parents and was signed up for genetic testing by them to get their hands on some money. During the time he was gone, they were murdered with no trace of the murderer left behind.
Power: From the genetic testing, he gained the features and abilities of a cat. He has two brown cat ears on his head, and a tail of the same colour. he has Increased speed, slightly increased strength, very highly increased agility, night vision, and retractable claws.
Other: On occassion, David has outbursts from the cat DNA, which have him act more feline then human.

Shadowfaith
July 31st, 2005, 03:08 AM
Name: Rachel Lorenzo

Appearance: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/SinfulDragon/Anime/GothicGirl.jpg

Personality: Dark and mysterious, Rachel prefers to be left alone. She only shows protection and caring to those she likes and has been known to crack a smile or two around those who really know her. Other than that, Rachel is cold hearted and does everything to her own liking, bending the rules if necessary and disobeying her companions if things to not comply with her own plans.

History: Rachel has been at the top of her class when she was deemed a normal human being, but as she became older, she became more secretive, thus causing her parents to worry. They had tried talking to her about this problem she had with human contactshe didnt answer them.

The problem became worse when she locked herself in her room, not willing to speak with anyone. Her Parents thought she had become depressed, suicidalbut this wasnt the case; Rachel had discovered her powers.

She left home without a word to her parents, only a note that she had become a freak, not wanting them to worry over such a being, she became negative on the way people would react to her powers of being able to control Shadow and Darkness.

She found herself taken in to a school purely meant for her typefrom then on, she became more social with those she deemed worthy of having her friendship.

Powers: Rachel controls the power of shadow and Darkness, and therefore can disappear into Darkness and conjure shadows to do her bidding. She also possesses the ability to transform into a black wolf.

Other: Nope.

Shiney
July 31st, 2005, 07:01 PM
Name: Robert Price (The Priest)
Appearance: Lanky, dark brown hair with hazel eyes, and he usually wears typical, teenager clothes, as he never goes on missions with the others.
Personality: (optional)
History: (optional)
Power: He can practice some forms of voodoo magic, without the rituals (for the most part)
Other: (optional, anything else you want to add about your character)

IC: I looked out of the window in the hall, pocketting the doll as I watched the girl scamper away. I had been testing something new, and of course I turned it back to normal,. but she still seemed frantic. I assumed that there could be some problems with doing this, but who was I to practice on, aside from my fellow students?

Kurosaki
July 31st, 2005, 07:05 PM
"What exactly do you think you're doing?" I questioned the boy after i watched him practice his "skills" on a poor girl. "It isn't nice to pick on people like that!" I went to hit him lightly on the shoulder, but forgot my claws were out and stabbed him quite hard. "Serves you right!" I yelled, trying to cover up the accident, before fleeing.

Shiney
July 31st, 2005, 07:09 PM
I winced, and growled as he darted away, but I got a good look at him all the same, and turned, not caring that blood was seepin down my arm and leaving a trail of red drops onto the floor. As soon as I was inside my private building on the institute, I immidiately began to start with my components, putting together a humanesque shape, pice by piece, until it began to resemble a boy, albeit a boy with cat ears and tail...

Kurosaki
July 31st, 2005, 07:11 PM
"That was stupid! I should've apologized!" I scolded myself as I arrived inside my room, the blinds cutting off any light from the outside. "Ah well, I'm sure he'll forget about it at sometime." I said, trying to think positively, before hopping onto my computer for a while.

Shiney
July 31st, 2005, 07:17 PM
I grimaced to myself. I needed respect, I said as much when I came, I had perfect control of my abilities, as meek as they were, but my parents insisted I come. I would *GET* my respect, one way or the other... My hands skillfully moved across the doll, changing one part at a time, until it resembled the idea I had in mind...

OOC: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Legendary_Pokemaster/normal_poster4.jpg

Kurosaki
July 31st, 2005, 07:23 PM
"Hmm, no new messages..." I muttered to myself as I loafed around the internet. Cari, my friend from my hometown, hadn't emailed me in over 2 weeks now, I was starting to get worried. I was about to email her, leaning back in my chair, when the whole world suddenly seemed bigger, and white bangs covered my eyes. The shock sent me off balance, and the chair tipped backwards, me going with it. "Ow..." I whined as I hit the ground. However, my voice sounded much squeakier and more... feminine?

Shiney
July 31st, 2005, 07:27 PM
I paused for a moment, then used a small advanced spell on the doll. The real version would soon come to the doll eventually, either of her own free will, or her body would operate on it's own. I had decided to get respect, one way or the other...

Kurosaki
July 31st, 2005, 07:30 PM
I didn't have the time to see what was wrong, however, as I blacked out shortly after inquiring my voice. When I awoke once more, I found myself facing that kid from earlier, in an unfamiliar room, or building for that matter. "What the heck happened?" I muttered, but shut up after hearing my voice again. I felt slightly dazed for some reason, and nothing made sense.

Shiney
July 31st, 2005, 07:38 PM
"Welcome." I said in a calm, but cold voice. "that was very direspectful of you, and I took it upon myself to teach you some manners." I said, looking around. "Your online registration has been sent already. You are Tuli Eddings, a young girl who has been graciously accepted into my own private building. You will cook, clean, and generally fill out your role as my maid, and keep this ruse up. If you try to let anyone know, you *WILL* regret it." I said, gesturing at the amazingly life-like doll for emphasis.

Kurosaki
July 31st, 2005, 07:47 PM
"Pfft, you don't have the power to make me do that, nor do you have the power to change me that much!" I yelled at the boy. It was obvious that and that I hadn't looked at myself, and was thinking the voice was the result of a cold or something. "Even if it was as you say, I wouldn't be your maid, nor would I go under a name such as Tuli!"

Shiney
July 31st, 2005, 07:49 PM
I sighed, and moved to the doll, flicking a knee. To her, it would feel like a hard kick, not quite hard enough to break the bone. I then pulled a hand mirror from my desk drawer, and held it in front of her. "Don't I now, Tuli?" I asked in a calm voice, but this time it was laced with a smug undercurrent.

Kurosaki
July 31st, 2005, 08:03 PM
"Ow!" I cried as I collapsed to the ground after feeling a sharp pain on my knee at the same time he flicked the doll. I then layed on the ground with my legs off to the side. Since when did I even take notice to pain like that, let alone collapse?

What shocked me the most however, is what looked back at me in the mirror. It wasn't "me", but a young girl around the age of 12, with short white hair, and black cat ears, along with a black cat tail, a bandage wrapped around the center of it. What the girl was dressed in, was a maids costume of perhaps a perverts dream, though too complicated to put in to words. That couldn't be me!

I waved my hand in the air, the reflection did as well, causing me to look at my arm, which looked exactly like that in the reflection! I looked over the rest of my body, it looked the same as well!

"Change me back right now!" I yelled as I went to stand up, but found myself holding my knee crying "ow" instead. This form was really weak!

Shadowfaith
August 1st, 2005, 02:27 AM
Hmph, these scientists do not know what they are talking about no scientifically proof of there ever being Dragons and other Mythological beings She snarled and slammed the book shut with a clap before using her shadows to return it to the highest shelf of the book case. She rubbed her temples and growled as she levered herself to her feet Of course there is proof, I have seen a Dragon in my life time and can even control one if I so wished it

She wrapped her trench coat tightly around her frame and made for the door that lead into the main hall way. She had been the only one in the library, people tended to avoid her when she was reading up on her myths and black magic, either afraid to disturb her privacy or afraid that they would get themselves tested upon.

She swept down the hall, eyes following her in terror and some in hate. She never knew their reasons for feeling this way towards her, she had never done anything to upset anyone and it seemed pathetic that they would avoid her purely because of her powers to control darkness and shadow. Controlling such things did not make you evil.

Sighing, she made her way to Davids room, the only close friend she had in this whole school. She remembered her multiple visits to the professor, telling him that she had had enough of the school and its stereotypical wayit was no better than home, she had told him. The Professor smiled at her on that day and shook his head, he replied with There is always someone out there who would like you for you and not your looks and powers

He had been right of course, only a week after her meting with him; she had met David, who didnt seem fazed at all by her strange ways.

Upon arriving at Davids room, she knocked lightly on the door David? She questioned the oak door. There was no reply from within, and thus she tried againher fist landing harder on the wood door this time and her voice raising a pitch David!?

Still there was no answer and her patients were beginning to wear thin. Dissolving into darkness she re formed on the other end of the door, only to find nothing. Growling she fazed out of the room and pondered on where he could bebut he hardly did anything without letting her know of it.

Shiney
August 1st, 2005, 10:28 AM
"Not verym respectful, are you?" I asked, but turned my head as I felt something. Dark powers often interacted with my voodoo magic, and for some reason, I could sense them. It wasn't important, though. I turned back to the unfortunate fool, and said"It will help you learn respect, I think, if you are only allowed to refer to me as Master." I said coldly, using a small spell on the doll that would make her unnable to refer to me as anything else.

Kurosaki
August 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM
"Like I'd waste the word Master on the likes of you!" I yelled as I tried to stand up again, but once more ended up grasping my knee. "If you think I'm going to be your maid, your sadly mistaken!"

Shiney
August 1st, 2005, 01:50 PM
"You son't have a choice." I said simply, and for an example, I placed the dolls hands behind her back, and tied them there with her own tail. "As you know by now, I am completely and totally in control, if you just accept it, it will be easier on you."

Kurosaki
August 1st, 2005, 01:57 PM
All I could do was watch as he tied up my hands with my own tail, without laying a finger on me, but the doll instead. "What you're doing is cruel and wrong! What'll everyoen think if my old self suddenly disappears, and I takes my place!" Knowing I had now lost, I finished with "What about my friends?" I didn't know how to be a maid anyways. I couldn't cook, clean, anything. He'll regret the day he did this to me!

Shiney
August 1st, 2005, 01:59 PM
"No one will be able to prove what happened to you, and there's no reason that they can't make friends with Tuli." I said, now distracted as I began rumaging through a few drawers. "And as for being a maid, you'll learn fast enough." It was true, after all. There had been studies on this sort of thing...

Kurosaki
August 1st, 2005, 02:03 PM
"Would you mind untieing me now?" I pleaded as I struggled to sit up again. It was hard enough to do in this outfit, let alone all tied up, since I usually balanced with my tail. This never would've happened if my parents hadn't sent me in for that genetic testing to place mlney in their pockets....

Shadowfaith
August 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Black Magic

Rachel turned her head in the direction of the entrance and concentrated on the pull of dark magic. She had never sensed this in the air beforesomething had to be amiss. Turning from her present direction, which was towards the library, she headed for the door and out into the front yard where the pull of dark magic was stronger.

Following the sent, it leads her to the outskirts of the school. No students apart from the ones with permission were aloud to leave school territory. But its not like she cared or anything, if this is where it leads her, this is where she would do.

She continued to walk out of the school territory and came across a well hidden house. She arched an eyebrow; she didnt recall anyone ever saying that there had been such a house here. But this is where the sent of dark magic lead her.

Sighing she walked the rest of the distance towards the front door and knocked heavily against the door Hello? She questioned, her patience was again beginning to wear thin when no one answered for a first time. She had half a mind to faze in, but this was not her house nor was it a friendsshe was not one to intrude on others people propriety when not invited.

She continued her knocking upon the door.

Shiney
August 1st, 2005, 06:53 PM
OOC: Strider, we're still on the institute, but my character has a private building because of a relative's favor to xavier.

IC: I looked towards the door, then back to Tuli. "Remember who you are. I have no qualms about burning the doll." I said, and after untying the tail, I moved to the door, but stopped before I opened it. I turned back to Tuli, and said you can begin by dusting the furniture." With a small tug on the tail. It wasn't that much, but to her, it would be a sharp yank. I then faced the door again and opened it about half way, trying to see who was there....

Kurosaki
August 1st, 2005, 06:58 PM
"Yes, Master." I said, wincing. This was not going to be fun, not at all. I got up, and stood up where I had been sitting, unsure of what to do next. I checked my claws once, just to make sure they were still there, and they were. Good, he had forgotten to declaw the cat. "Wait a sec, what am I dusting the furniture with?" I replied after spinning around to hold my tail, which was now in pain. "And it couldn't hurt you to be a little gentler!"

Shadowfaith
August 3rd, 2005, 02:43 AM
Rachel waited for ages, her right eye began to twitch with anger and her normally black and emotionless eyes were beginning to turn red in anger. There were movements in side so there was defiantly someone at home and she was not ready to leave in till she found out who was living hereand if they had any information on David and the scent of black magic.

Slowly the door creaked open and an eye blazed through the open crack in the door. Rachels eyes returned to their normal colour and the vein in her right eased its twitching. She cleared her throat and tilted her head to get a better look at who was in side. It appeared to be a boy, but she couldnt be sure.

Hello. My name is Rachel and I was just wondering if you knew anything about a boy named Davidhe seems to have gone missing. Also I was aware of a strong scent of black magic coming from this house in particularMay I ask what you are doing? Black Magic is nothing to be tampered with if you do not know what you are doing

Shiney
August 3rd, 2005, 09:05 AM
I thought for a moment, and then spoke in a calm voice. I had been lying all my life, so I knew how to appear honest. "There are quite a few davids here, but I'll admit, I don't know many, could you describe him?" And to her caution, I replied "I know my limits, and I'm always careful, but I thank you for your advice."

Shadowfaith
August 3rd, 2005, 09:12 AM
Rachel tilted her head to the side and raised an eyebrow, something was funny about this boy and she was all about finding out what he was up to. She placed her hands on her leather clad hips and rested her wait onto her right leg Hes about 5 foot and had red hair and blue eyes She explained, her eyes trying to see past the boy into the houseshe could hear something else coming from within.

Also, does the professor know you are hiding out here? She asked curiously, she had never know of a house being here Its just I have never seen this place before and was wondering if the Professor knew of such a place

There was a sound of scratching from with in and Rachels curiosity finally got the better of her Have you someone else in there with you? She asked, crossing her arms and waiting as patiently as she could for a reply.

Shiney
August 3rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
I nodded, saying "I've seen him once or twice, but we haven't exactly talked much, and I saw him passing by this morning." I explained, all true. "As for this place, yes, the professor knows it's here, it's a favor, since I like my privacy." That was also true, my uncle was an attourney for the professor. "And the only other person here is Tuli, My maid." I said, stepping aside so that she could see, and placing my hands in the tail of the doll in my pocket so that she'd know not to give things away.

Kurosaki
August 3rd, 2005, 07:40 PM
When I saw who was beyond that door, my face turned so red you could cook hot dogs off of it. Just my luck, my best friend had to stumble across this place, didn't she?

"H-h-hi." I studdered before turning around. I couldn't tell her what happened, what was I to do?

Shadowfaith
August 4th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Rachel stared at the boy with one thin eyebrow raised, she was not convinced by this act and looked onward into the house when the boy moved aside to reveal a young maid. There was something wrong with this scene, since when had Professor X permitted maids in such a placeespecially to students.

Sighing she dissolved into the darkness surrounding the edges of the house and appeared on the inside, behind the boys back. She glared over her shoulder and then back at the young girl just a step away from her being. She tilted her head to the side and asked Did the Professor permit you to work for this boy?

The Girl didnt answeronly turned a bizarre shade of red, this only caused Rachel to sigh and ask the same question, but there was still no response.

All of a sudden, there emitted a strange aura of darkness around her being, unseen by the untrained eye, but viewable to one trained in the dark arts such as herself.

The whirl of black mist engulfed her in what seemed to be a tornado of some sort. This caused her eyes to become unfocussed and the outline of the girl before her become nothing more than blurred lines. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and there was only the sound of her trench coat whipping around her as she fell unconscious to the floor.

Dust whirled up around her and she lay unmoving.

Shiney
August 4th, 2005, 03:49 PM
I looked down at the unconscious form, and shrugged. "Seems she was the source of the dark magic I sensed. I turned back to tuli. "Forget dusting, take care of her. You fcan tell her who you are if you want, but even if she tells the professor, no one can prove it, my voodoo is infailable." I said, turning to the door and shutting it. If I could perhaps get a doll of the new girl as well, it presented all sorts of... interesting oportunities.

Kurosaki
August 4th, 2005, 03:51 PM
"Take care of her!? I don't even know where anything is!" I yelled at the door as I lifted her up on my shoulder. This building was so huge as well, how was I to find anything?

Shiney
August 4th, 2005, 03:59 PM
"It's big, but the place is layed out simple, you'll find your way in no time." I said, moving to my worktable. "As for where to take her, down the hall, second door on the right." I said, already beginning to assemble the framework of my newest doll. This one I was taking my time with, though...

Kurosaki
August 4th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I sat rachel on the couch, and stormed over to him. "What the hell do you think you're doing?! Don't get other people involved in your games!" I yelled as my nails extended to form claws. "I can stand you messing with me, but I won't allow you to mess with others!"

Shiney
August 4th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I looked at her for moment, and grnned. "I can rip those claws of yours right out. I'll make you a deal. I won't involve anyone else in my voodoo, but you have to accept your new role until I decide to release you, no harming me, or trying to escape. I want your word."

Kurosaki
August 4th, 2005, 08:35 PM
"F-fine!" I yelled, realizing soon after that I had basically just signed myself off to being the only thing he could use voodoo on, which was basically giving him permission to do to me with voodoo whatever he pleased. "I'll take her to the room now, Master..." I sighed as I hoistedbRachel onto my shoulder once more.

Shiney
August 4th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I nodded, and turned back to my work. I really wasn't a mean person, most of the time, but I just couldn't tolerate anyone disrespecting me, and I was good at mental warfare, she'd probably be accepting her new role in life a lot sooner now... "By the way," I said, not looking back. "When she wakes up, I reccomend that you tell her everything. I won't put her in any of my games, but make sure that she knows I'll defend myself."

Kurosaki
August 5th, 2005, 09:54 AM
I didn't respond to, or acknowledge him, I just walked out the door, and followed his directions to the room, where I found a bed, along with a few pieces of rustic furniture. I sat her down on the bed, and felt her forehead. No fever. I wondered what was wrong, as I wasn't exactly a doctor.

Kurosaki
August 6th, 2005, 06:56 PM
OOC: You guys? I don't accept members here, and from what I can tell you've been denied, so stop posting here.

Shadowfaith
August 7th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Rachels head was filled with dark thoughts of her past as well as a few figures she had not seen before; it was as if her mind was seeking out all the nightmares and dark thoughts of the ones who had stepped into this house through the years. The dark magic and dark thoughts of this house had caused her to faint due to an overload of darknessshe was suppose to be able to control large amounts of dark magic, but this seemed to prove to much for her.

She tossed and turned in her sleep and growled as what seemed to be claws found her forehead. She clenched her teeth tightly as she slept on, not ablenot wanting to open her eyes in fear she would faint once againbut anything could be better than these depressing and almost foul nightmares she was having now.

Her eyes shot open and she took a gasp of air into her shaky chest, before her blurred eyes focussed on the figure in front of her. It was the maid from earlier, she was looking down at her with worried eyes which caused Rachel to arch a thin black eyebrowshe had never met the person in her entire life and she was worried?

She sighed and averted her gaze so she was looking at the ceiling and not the girl. Hmphyou need not worry, I merely fainted was allnothing to worry about, there was just to many dark things in one small spaceI have never encountered such a high frequency of darkness beforeIt will take some getting use to