• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halo 3 for the PS3!?!?!

Crimson_Blade

Get Vegas 2 or else!
Years
  • What's up with Halo 3 having to be on the PS3. I mean I read the interview and I still don't get it. PS2 has Killzone, which is the supposed "Halo Killer" and they have Killzone 2 for the PS3, so why bring Halo 3 over to the PS3 anyway??

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • The answer is quite simple...the PS3 is going to take what the X-Box has and use it to their advantage. Deny it all you will, Halo 1 was supposed to be for the Playstation 2 until Microsoft bought it out. If the "X-Box name" lives after Sony's smart move than Microsoft better come out with something more. Hmmm...Halo for the PS3...hehehehe. :badsmile:

Where did you get your info anyway, this is the first I have heard of it.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Overlord Sato said:
    The answer is quite simple...the PS3 is going to take what the X-Box has and use it to their advantage. Deny it all you will, Halo 1 was supposed to be for the Playstation 2 until Microsoft bought it out. If the "X-Box name" lives after Sony's smart move than Microsoft better come out with something more. Hmmm...Halo for the PS3...hehehehe. :badsmile:

Where did you get your info anyway, this is the first I have heard of it.
    Actually, Rockstar was to publish Halo on to the PS2 until Bungie, the developers of Halo, found out that the PS2 was to weak to handle Halo so it would have been only on the Mac and PC, but then Microsoft bought Bungie and was an Xbox exclusive. Also, it's impossible for Halo 3, if there is one, to come out on the PS3 since Microsoft owns Bungie.

Chase Leader

Years
  • However that may be true, they could still cut a deal...hmm like Sony getting the rights to Final Fantasy...or like Nintendo and Microsoft getting some of the rights to the Tony Hawk franchise...its all possible but Microsoft needs to think clearly if Sony gets some rights that means more money for them...Microsoft is curently losing money. I may just look into this myself.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • This is the first I've heard of it, and I've been lurking the GameFAQS forums since I left PC a while back.

I doubt it's true, but I wouldn't put it past Sony. The PS3 is supposedly going to be much more powerful than the Xbox 360, so Sony might've convinced Bungie to develop Halo 3 for the PS3 due to the better hardware.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I've been going around GameSpot like every day since E3 and I don't remember anything about it.
    Halo 3 isn't going to be on the PS3, it's going to be on the 360 and only on the 360 (go look at the game list on GameSpot. You'll see it on the 360's list but not on the PS3's list).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Sceptiles Master said:
    Thats wrong, totally wrong. Good thing Mario, or Pokemon are going to other systems that will be even horible

err...what? Pok?mon and Link and Mario are leaving Nintendo consoles?

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years
  • dragon_masta_99 said:
    What's up with Halo 3 having to be on the PS3. I mean I read the interview and I still don't get it. PS2 has Killzone, which is the supposed "Halo Killer" and they have Killzone 2 for the PS3, so why bring Halo 3 over to the PS3 anyway??
    Hmm, well that is a huge dissapointment, I don't have anymore games to brag to my friends that they can't get it... There is absolutly almost no more games left JUST for X-Box... :tired:

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    tmbjr said:
    This is the first I've heard of it, and I've been lurking the GameFAQS forums since I left PC a while back.

I doubt it's true, but I wouldn't put it past Sony. The PS3 is supposedly going to be much more powerful than the Xbox 360, so Sony might've convinced Bungie to develop Halo 3 for the PS3 due to the better hardware.
    Bungie is owned by Microsoft. The Halo franchise is owned by Microsoft. Bungie has no say in it whatsoever. The only way Halo 3 would get on the PS3 is if Microsoft wanted to. Halo is the biggest Xbox franchise, so I don't think Microsoft is that stupid.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Hmm, well that is a huge dissapointment, I don't have anymore games to brag to my friends that they can't get it... There is absolutly almost no more games left JUST for X-Box... :(

Well, there are no games just for XBox. Cause every game for Xbox is for computer. And everyone has a computer, now. So you never really had anything to brag about, in the first place.

But now that Halo 3 will be on PS3, I'll be able to see what's so great about this game. From what I've heard and the screen shots I've seen, there's nothing that great about it, that's not on many other 1st person shooters. Halo is basicly a rip off of Red Faction and Time Splitters

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I stand wrong.

Kipkip said:
    Bungie is owned by Microsoft. The Halo franchise is owned by Microsoft. Bungie has no say in it whatsoever. The only way Halo 3 would get on the PS3 is if Microsoft wanted to. Halo is the biggest Xbox franchise, so I don't think Microsoft is that stupid.
    Microsoft is the dumbest and stupidest game company out there.
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/news_6124592.html
    Kevin said it was on GameSpot so there it is, read it for yourself. Bill Gates himself said Halo 3 is going to be on the 360 and the PS3. I knew Microsoft wasn't that smart in the game stuff, but this ..... I don't know, I don't have a word for this. That's like Nintendo selling Mario and Pokemon, the two largest money making things for Nintendo. I know Microsoft is a newbie to the gaming market next to Nintendo and Sony, but this is just downright stupid. Halo and Halo 2 is what's keeping Microsoft going, and if they keeping selling out then it's bye bye land for the X-Box. They keep stupid stuff like this up then it's going to be just Nintendo and Sony again. I'm sorry to put down Microsoft to the ones that like the X-Box, but this is like the worst thing they could do (sell off Halo).

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Arcanine said:
    I stand wrong.

Microsoft is the dumbest and stupidest game company out there.
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/news_6124592.html
    Kevin said it was on GameSpot so there it is, read it for yourself. Bill Gates himself said Halo 3 is going to be on the 360 and the PS3. I knew Microsoft wasn't that smart in the game stuff, but this ..... I don't know, I don't have a word for this. That's like Nintendo selling Mario and Pokemon, the two largest money making things for Nintendo. I know Microsoft is a newbie to the gaming market next to Nintendo and Sony, but this is just downright stupid. Halo and Halo 2 is what's keeping Microsoft going, and if they keeping selling out then it's bye bye land for the X-Box. They keep stupid stuff like this up then it's going to be just Nintendo and Sony again. I'm sorry to put down Microsoft to the ones that like the X-Box, but this is like the worst thing they could do (sell off Halo).
    The article is not saying that Halo 3 will be on the PS3. Apparently, you misinterpreted the article.The article is saying that Halo 3 will release for the Xbox 360, and just the Xbox 360, on the day the PS3 is released to hurt sales of the PS3 because Halo and Halo 2 did that same thing, slowed the purchase of the PS2.

Chase Leader

Years
  • Well we don't know about 2 months from now or whenever...Microsoft is going to do whatever it takes to stay in the gaming business...thats that, so if they have to sell some of the rights to Sony to do that than they will.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • If Microsoft would do anything to stay in the gaming industry, why would they sell their biggest franchise? It's like Nintendo selling the rights to Mario (which in other words, it's suicide). Besides, Microsoft is starting to make a profit off of the Xbox, so they're doing better than they did when it first released.

People, listen to Kipkip. Gates isn't saying that it will be on the PS3, he's saying it's release will coincide with the PS3's release.

Kurosaki

I don't see what gates is trying to do, the PS3 will still obviously dominate the Halo 3 sales. (I don't care how good you people say the game is, more people would take a new Sony system after ANOTHER halo game)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't think you people understand, so I'll say it in big bolded letters.

HALO 3 IS NOT COMING TO THE PS3! IT IS GOING TO BE RELEASED AT THE SAME TIME AS THE PS3! MICROSOFT IS NOT STUPID!

And before you ask, yes, I believe that was necessary.

Back