• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does your cursor sometime moves even though you are not touching the mouse?

PokemonPichu

A pichu messing with glitches
Years
  • My Windows XP computer's cursor sometime moves by itself. I think it's some kind of glitch. Does anybody know what the cause of it?

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    It happens if you use the mouse which uses light (w/e its called) its a common glitch. It doesnt happen if you use the mouse with the ball, but that mouse has its own set of problems. :D

Years
  • Hmm... tch, well it used ta after I installed SP2, tch, but not anymore. Hmm, tch, if I remember correctly, I think I tweaked the advanced pointer precision feature a little... Oo;

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    one time somebody hacked my computer and moved it all over. it was kinda scary... or maybe it was a ghost. but ya, sometimes it slides around a bit. it's weird.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Once my start menu kept opening and I couldn't figure out why - I thought it was probably spyware. Then I realised I had my elbow resting on the Windows key...

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    Once my start menu kept opening and I couldn't figure out why - I thought it was probably spyware. Then I realised I had my elbow resting on the Windows key...
    Haha.

It's not a glitch. Laser mice are lighter than regular mice and trackballs, and because of this, they become more sensitive. ^_^;

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
  • Anarchytekt said:
    It happens if you use the mouse which uses light (w/e its called) its a common glitch. It doesnt happen if you use the mouse with the ball, but that mouse has its own set of problems. :D

That could be called an optical mouse, and yes, it happens on my computer. I had used various optical mice and I have sometimes seen the cursor slide slowly across the screen without anything touching the mouse...

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Weird... It is probably what the other people said.
    On the internet, I found a download that moves the icon once every few seconds.

crystal_mew

- n i h i l i s t -
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Meh...I've got a laser mouse. I leave my cursor in one spot to play a round of SSBM or something, I look back and it's slowly, slowly, hovering up the direction it's facing. So, yes, mine does do this. I find it amusing. :D

PokemonPichu

A pichu messing with glitches
    Years
  • I forgot to tell you this: I have a laptop that has a touchpad, but it's disabled because I have my wheel mouse (with a ball in it) plugged in.

Years
  • Dunno about that actually, tch, 'cuz I've seen wheel mice act up that way too... tch, an' my optical mouse didn't do that before I installed SP2, tch, maybe Micro$oft screwed up tha mouse drivers. -_-

Anyone got this issue on Linux?

Back