• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oekakikaki - with new tablet!

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
I got a new pen tablet 2 days ago!
And I was so happy, it brought me out of my artists block.

The new oekakis:

mehappy.png

First coloured pic I drew with my tab. The USB cord didn't snap btw.
It was drawn as a joke :P

saanaitu.png

Second drawn with tablet. It didn't come out as I expected, since I wasn't used to the slippage of the tablet.

After this, I found out a great technique to stop slipping... I can place a piece of paper on the tablet so it feels like I'm drawing on real paper.

mikan_haganail.png

Most recent oekaki. Hey, the paper technique works nicely!
(JasmineXSteelix for the win!)

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Freenaturearts said:
Nice =D The new one seems to be working well. Only question o_o What did you do with your old one????
I never had a tablet in my life... I guess my phrasing was bad. This is my first tablet :)

And thanks for the gifts Cybex!

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
Awesome, Kohei. I found the first one funny, 'cause something like that happened to me with a new mouse I got. XD The second one's really good too, though the left arm would look a bit smaller than the right one had you drawn it all out. As for the third, I love it. But, now that I go back and look, Jamie's head is a bit small... But I still love it. ^_^ The fourth one is amazing. Eveything's in proportion, the fire looks great, everything looks great.

So, you've really improved since I first saw you draw on oekaki. n_n Hope your next pictures are as sucessful as your first.

Eh-heh, by the by, WHERE do you get the tablet thingy?! I can't find one ANYWHERE!!! @3@

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
dark_espeon said:
Eh-heh, by the by, WHERE do you get the tablet thingy?! I can't find one ANYWHERE!!! @3@
Thanks for the comments. As for where I got the tablet, I ordered it online, at amazon.co.jp. (my grandma lives in Japan, so it gets sent to her, then she sends it to Hong Kong. No expensive shipping fee from amazon! :) )

kuchi-gijin2.png

Not very quick sketch done last night. Took me around an hour, even though the whole pic only took like 20 minutes, since I ate dinner in between, and Donky from Shrek was grabbing my attention (my sister was watching the DVD XD) and I drew two other pics before I finally settled with this one.

Nintendo freak

Pineapples!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2008
Those are really nice, but I'm wondering one thing. What do you mean by "pen tablet"? O_O

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Nintendo freak said:
Those are really nice, but I'm wondering one thing. What do you mean by "pen tablet"? O_O
Pen tablets are more known as graphic tablets in the US... definiton here.

[pic1] Something done in the oekaki here. For Halloween, in advance.

[pic2] Gardevoir + Steelix fusion thing.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
Oh yay for you kohei! Though, I think your pics were very good just with a mouse too. ^-^

I especially like the last two Oekaki drawings, they just look really good. Interesting Steelix/Gardie fusion. Perhaps it's really a big Halloween costume? ^-^; Lookin' forward to seeing more!

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Light_Azumarill said:
Oh yay for you kohei! Though, I think your pics were very good just with a mouse too. ^-^

I especially like the last two Oekaki drawings, they just look really good. Interesting Steelix/Gardie fusion. Perhaps it's really a big Halloween costume? ^-^; Lookin' forward to seeing more!
Its not a huge Halloween costume... there was a Gardevoir fusion festival in an oekaki I usually goto, so I drew it there :)

[pic1]: Random Gardevoir oekaki. 11mins -_-

Back