• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anim? Discussion #380: A Cacturne for the Worse!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ok, so this isn't coming from Steven, but ;P I just wanted to discuss this, hence the thread ^^ [Just close this if you want an 'official' thread I guess~]

Anyways, did anyone else think Harley was gay? 0o; And also, it sounded like the voice-actor was the same as Archie's from Archie's Weird Mysteries.

So...discuss =D

Years
  • Y'know, one of these days, I'll make an episode discussion, hee.

Anyway, I think Andrew Rannells played Harley (Noah Kaiba and Leon Wilson's VA on Yu-Gi-Oh and Morty on Pokemon). But maybe he got other work besides 4Kids? Heh.

I'll re-edit this with my long review. After the bad episodes this past season so far, it's nice to review a good episode for a change.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Omg...Harley was sooo mean. >< I never seen someone so into the contest. He is a sore loser...he made May almost lose her 1st round batte by saying something that was wrong. He was so mean to her. >< And he treat Max like a puppet. Make May lose her cool. That was wrong. But Ash told her to get back into this thing and she beat him! I was so glad she did. She and Bulbasur is a great team. Her training has payed off. She is great! ^^ So I really enjoyed that epsidoe even though now I don't like Harley. >< I know I might see him again, and when I do...grr. Sorry if I offened anyone who likes Harley. 10/10 A great contest epsiode.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • I don't know why, but I actually like this episode.

XD

It just seems..so weird. I liked Harley's voice (I have never heard his original though so I don't know if they sound right or not) and I liked it that someone actually tries to cheat in this X3 I never get to see that happen in Pokemon. lol

I like Harley <33 Hes not mean, he just tries to win XD

What? Wouldn't you do the same? I would. X3 *brick'd*

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    I don't know why, but I actually like this episode.

XD

It just seems..so weird. I liked Harley's voice (I have never heard his original though so I don't know if they sound right or not) and I liked it that someone actually tries to cheat in this X3 I never get to see that happen in Pokemon. lol

I like Harley <33 Hes not mean, he just tries to win XD

What? Wouldn't you do the same? I would. X3 *brick'd*

Yeah that is true. You are right, he does try to win. XD His voice was pretty good, but still what he did to May was wrong. But I know you like him, so sorry if I offened you.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Originally posted by Lucy-Chan
    Yeah that is true. You are right, he does try to win. XD His voice was pretty good, but still what he did to May was wrong. But I know you like him, so sorry if I offened you.

Meh, I know XD No you didn't offened me.

Everybody has their own opinions and thats yours and I respect that X3

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Oooooh! I've been waiting all year to see this one
    (yes I'm back from Virginia T_T)
    Harley was hot. He sounded like a more enthusiastic, gay Morty and I loved it.
    I also loved when the Hull Mosquito got pissed off! (Hull Mosquito=May)
    Good episode! Too bad it was crammed into one eppie though.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Katsuro said:

Anyways, did anyone else think Harley was gay? 0o; And also, it sounded like the voice-actor was the same as Archie's from Archie's Weird Mysteries.

I rebember that voice from somewhere. 0=

His voice is better in the orignal version.

The episode was not bad, but there are better contest episodes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Eh~ I thought it was pretty good too ^^

IMO, it made pokemon seem like a serious anime more than a child's one~

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I still get over the idea that Harley a guy. When I first saw him I took him as a girl but when I read on Serebii then I read he was she. This episode kinda got the truth in my head. He does look like a girl.

Now to business. The second to last contest to the Grand Festival. Harley has a ego problem does he. Well he is different from the other characters so I like. He not a cut and past kind of guy like the others. Happy and all. He just mean and cheating.

Like the first round. May showing that when you don't have cuteness that you use smarts. Razor Leaf then Vine Whip. Smart on May's side. Harley was a bit surprising. I though they were going to dub it somehow. Strangely they didn't dubber the Bullet Seed a skull and crossbones? Not very kid friendly right? I though they were going to do something else. Like just a circle or something.

Second Round. Good job for Harley. Not so smart on May. Surskit not fast? They are fast and that all they all. Doesn't May remember seeing a surskit and it speed. Well they not too big on remembering the past anyways.

Last round. Cheater!!!! That got to be wrong what Harley did. But he is different then the others. Like his style. But Miss May (big a show about how good conquers bad) over comes. I like the combination of Petal Dance and Razor Leaf. Shows that the last episode was good for something. Harley bares a grudge and he will be back for revenge.

10/10. Not for May great performance but the change in character. Harley does have a point on how May doesn't deserve some her victories. To tell the truth it is sometimes against rules of battling and stuff. Harley is dark and evil. That is way different then the cut and paste contest character. He may look different but he is good. I guess the guys over in Japan do know of the stuff they do and I guess this episode proves that they know.

Team Rocket was different too. No motto. No fantasies. Poor Rockets.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    IMO, Team Rocket was actually bearable. I thought they did a good performance. If I were more optimistic, I'd think this would be a turning point into the darker side of pokemon. But I'm not that foolish~

And yeah...I agree on the Harley girl/guy thing 0_o; Originally I took him as a guy and I'm like "Wow! That'd be cool to cosplay with the hat/cacturne-ish outfit!" Then I had doubts that he was actually a guy o.o; And in the end I had doubts about his sexual orientations ^^; So that cosplay idea is dropped. He was a good character though. He actually was malicious. Yay =D

And the cross bones looked cool, but the cacturne running around was stupid >.<; It should've jumped into the air and done it.

Soul-Music

Nurse in the making!
    Years
  • Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    Wait o____< You mean to say Harley's a GUY?!!!!

I'm confuzzled *dies*

Yes, he is!

Don't worry, we don't differ from our first impression that he was a girl.

What he did to May was so mean! Even I could not stand to that kind of embarassment. But then, I noticed in his personality that he wants everyone to acknowledge him.

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • This was one of the best episodes I've seen in a while. I loved Harley, he was such a refreshing character, not like all the characters we've been seeing recently. He was so mean to May...but then again, she did kinda insult his cookies and his Cacturn, so I can see why she would be on his bad list. If someone talked to me like May talked to Harley, I'd put a skull sticker by her picture too. I'm just glad he comes back later episode, since he probably one of my favorite characters now. He's sort of like a second rival to May now.

He does sound rather gay I think. Andrew Rannells did a good job playing him, making sound rather feminin without loosing the manliness. Though, anyone else think him calling Max "Maximus" was weird?

Anyway, I too loved May's Bulbasaur's combination of Razor Leaf and Petal Dance at the end... It was very pretty.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Oh, Harley.... How we've waited for someone like him... I think this guy could be a better rival than Drew, if he keeps coming back. Now, I normally hate people like this, but in Pokemon's case, this was a necessity. I'm glad to see that they've changed some things in the villain department. See? Not ALL villains have to be directly against the main characters.

By the way, May should put him through a wall next time.

But seriously, I hope he comes back. Tension like this is always good for Animes of any type.

Back