• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen trading between ruby and fire red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    I hvae tried several times to trade pokemone from my fire red to my ruby using a cable. It keep saying something about being to far away , but yet the game boy and the game cube are right next to each other. I have a lote of pokemone I need to trade over to complete my pokedex for my ruby. Can someone please help me and let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks,
    tmaak26

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    To be more specific, once you've beaten the E4 in FireRed and obtained the National Dex, you have to go on a quest to find the Ruby and Sapphire items, to fix the Network Machine. This allows you to trade to R/S/E games.

You can't trade directly from the beginning of the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    ruby to red

Thanks for off of your input. I have just started playing these games and thought I could just trade pokemone whenever I wanted to just the the original (yellow,Blue and Red.) Can I trade from ruby the leaf green or do I need something special for that to. Would you sugust I gaet walkthroughs for these games to help me get through them?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    As it was stated before, you need to have the Network Machine on One Island up and running on your FireRed/LeafGreen version before you can trade with Ruby/Sapphire. You also cannot trade between the GBA games and the Game Cube games until you have completed the story mode. In Colosseum, you trade in the basement of Phenac City, but I am not sure about XD.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • Your question has been answered by the very intelligent people above. Thanks guys.

Next time you have a question, use the Simple Questions thread. using this thread helps us reduce spam, so it helps us help you. The link to this overly helpful thread is in my sig and in the group of stickies near the top FR/LG (GBA) thread listing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back