• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Mineral Brown

Exadtra

Elite Editor
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2006
    Hack Name
    Pokemon Mineral Brown

Hack of
    Pokémon ruby(us)

Introduction
    This is my first hack. I think that I will need a little help, but I will be doing most of it. Right now, I have all the routes renamed and some of the cities renamed. Also, I have some of the routes and cities redone.

The Storyline
    After you defeat the hoenn league, you travel to a new region called LITHAI to defeat it's league. In it, you find different pokemon and a reappearance of team magma. Also, you meet the new PRO. NIQUI.

Features
    New region, LITHAI.
    New routes and cities.
    Different pokemon.
    New starters(Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chicirita)
    Different mart items.

Screenshots
    t1t1.jpg

Route 160

t1t1t1t1.jpg

Route 159

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Mineral Town

t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Route 161

t1t1t1.jpg

Route 160

Kazan22

The Drumming Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2019
    this seems pretty cool, any idea if there'll be a beta soon?

Exadtra

Elite Editor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2006
    Right now, I only need help with scripting, a titlescreen, and mapping. As for a beta, probably sometime later this month. Anyone intersted in helping me, please pm me. Here is some new screenshots.

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Rockridge City

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Cyndaquil vs. pineco

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Looks like a good hack. I'll look forward to it.

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    this is really good especially for a first hack...one thing that will help you though on screen shot 4 and 5 on post 1, where the tree tops touch the water, you should put the tile that has a a tree top with a brown line above. (its hard to explain, it should be right next to the tree tops on the tile pallette if your using advance map)

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Looks pretty good ^^, keep it up, I really liked how you made the ground a darker color in the rain, did they do that for Ruby too? Or is that your own thing?

Exadtra

Elite Editor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2006
    I'm planning to put some new things into this hack, so i'll need a couple of people. Again, I need a scripter, titlescreen, and mapper. As for the ground, that was my own thing. I think it looks better. Here is some new screenshots.

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Crati City

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Route 162

Exadtra

Elite Editor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2006
    Here is some more info. on this hack! In the marts, many rare items can be bought, including rare candy! The first mart has ultra balls! Also, the pokemon in the region are first and second generation pokemon. I have put some really rare pokemon in the wild, but I will not tell the pokemon names or their location. Again, these pokemon were put in the wild, so they can be caught more than once! Here is some more screenshots!

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Route 162

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Cyndaquil vs. ledyba

Nova92

NovaShark Unlimited Webmaster
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    looks great. cant wait to play it once its done

Exadtra

Elite Editor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2006
    Here is the thing. I'm about ready to release a beta, but I first need a titlescreen. The beta will go up to the first gym. In my opinion, I expect this hack to be good. Like I said, alot of things are different in this hack. Here is some more screenshots.

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Route 162

t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1t1.jpg

Cyndaquil vs. mew

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
  • hu mm

to have a mew early in the game? thats silly! its the line between an amateur hack and a realistic true-blue hack. i think you need help with your mapping, as with many newer hacks. its the same issue: the tiles dont go together! look at my attachemnt ive picked on one of your screenshots - this one points out whats wrong (theres something wrong in ALL of the screenies lol) ill make a fixed version later k? but this points out whats wrong ;) btw if u need a mapper jsut PM me. mapping is the only thing i can do (but i do it preety well) thats my 2 cents :D

P.S i have enclosed the picture. if you want to make ur hack better i suggest u look at it and act upon it :) ill make a fixed picture later (with changes) isnt that nice of me

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Looking good so far. Catching mew earlly in the game. Is a bit daft. I think you should put him later in the game.

Back