• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Doctor Who

shaun0505

45... no...6
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
Has anyone been watching the new series of Doctor Who? David Tennent is a brilliant Doctor, although I did like Christopher Ecclestone

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
Yes! I have! I didn't see the end of last night's episode, though, because the football over-ran and we set our video according to the newspaper ¬¬;
I preferred Christopher Ecclestone, but that's prbably because Tennent reminds me of the version of Casanova he was in earlier in the year.
Rose STILL annoys me, especially in that werewolf episode - what on earth was she wearing? And her lines? Blah, SO botched.
But I love Micky.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
i preferred Christopher Ecclestone, hopefully he could be in the next episode, seeing as its a nother dimension, another dimension, who know all time lords might not have died ;)

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
____ said:
i preferred Christopher Ecclestone, hopefully he could be in the next episode, seeing as its a nother dimension, another dimension, who know all time lords might not have died ;)

That would not happen, as he the reason he left Doctor Who in the first place was because he didn't want to be type cast. He doesn't want anything more to do with it actually.

I have been watching it, the Cyberman one has been one that I've actually liked in the new series. I wasn't fond of how Christopher Eccelston played the part, however I thought the story lines were more creative and well put together than the current ones.

I haven't liked that the stories already having been started when we join them. Like the schooling one with Sarah-Jane-Smith returning I think they should have made it a two parter and started at a more appropriate point.

Anyway, getting back the Cyberman one if anyone actually watched the original series. Or has seen clips and videos. They will know that the Cybermen actually came from a planet called Mondas. In this new episode, Russell T Davis has written it as they were created by that Scientist as an "Human Upgrade" and I don't see how they are going to incorporate the original background of the Cybermen. Due the cliff hanger at the end, I'm not actually full of suspense as to how the Doctor & Co are going to get out of the situation. As during a double episode that series the Doctor was in a similar situation, and all he had to say to get out the situation is "Go to your room". I have a strong feeling that all will be said next week is something on the lines of "I am the Doctor, take me to your leader"

So, I still have reserved judgement on how the rest of the series is going to unfold…

Last edited:

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
____ said:
well something happens to mikey next episode ;_;

It's Mickey.

I was just about to add about him. I shall do it away.

It seems that Mickey is going to have a strong involvement in the next episodes.
People that watched Doctor Who Confidential last night, would have seen a clip and people saying Mickey's important. Whether is means, he's going to scarf ice himself and die to save the Doctor and Rose, or for the Doctor to notice and respect him more we shall have to wait and see.

Mickey could be the one to get them out of the Cliff Hanger. However, my views on the way they get out of that episode is that, Jackie Tyler saves them. I've read that the finals two episodes are mainly about her (and the Cybermen again). She may throw some gold at the Cybermen (they are allergic to it) or something like that...

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Yeah, the doctor should respect Mickey more, they leave cliffhangers sometimes

You're probably right but where would they get gold?

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
Hmm, Jackie was wearing some I think. I'm not sure though.

I think they will respect him more after this. As, at the beginning of the episode the Doctor and Rose said something about "Taking Mickey for granted", I think that links in to something in the following episodes.

Oh, and I'll ask this. What is your favorite Dr Who?

Mine would have to be Patrick Troughton.

Last edited:

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
~*Conor*~ said:
I dunno who'd be my favourite because I haven't seen all of them

What other Dr's have you seen then? Tom Baker onwards had some creative, but somewhat childish stories. However, they are still enjoyable to sit through. XD

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
~*Conor*~ said:
Well I can't remember all of the names but I though tom Baker was ok

I can~

William Hartnell - 1963 - 1966
Patrick Troughton - 1966 -1969
Jon Pertwee - 1970 - 1794
Tom Baker - 1974 - 1981
Peter Davidson - 1981 - 1984
Colin Baker - 1984 - 1986/7
Sylvester McCoy - 1986-1989
Paul McGann - 1996 (Movie Special)
Christopher Eccleston - 2005
David Tennant 2005 – Present

Tom Baker is one of the most popular ones.
And Colin and Sylvester are the least favourite ones

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
drummershuff said:
I can~

William Hartnell - 1963 - 1966
Patrick Troughton - 1966 -1969
Jon Pertwee - 1970 - 1794
Tom Baker - 1974 - 1981
Peter Davidson - 1981 - 1984
Colin Baker - 1984 - 1986/7
Sylvester McCoy - 1986-1989
Paul McGann - 1996 (Movie Special)
Christopher Eccleston - 2005
David Tennant 2005 – Present

Tom Baker is one of the most popular ones.
And Colin and Sylvester are the least favourite ones

Yeah, when my grandma think sdr. Who she think Tom baker

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
~*Conor*~ said:
Yeah, when my grandma think sdr. Who she think Tom baker

My Grandmother didn't watch, nor care about Dr. Who. My Mum's favorite was Tom Baker aswell, however, she only saw a few of the episodes.

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
Tom Baker, I'm afraid. I'm very cliche. Followed by Patrick Troughton, and Jon Pertwee.

I love the new Dr. Who, but I like nearly anything. However, I do think they should make some of the episodes two-part, because sometimes I get the impression they're rushing to squeeze it all in.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
Charon-chan said:
Tom Baker, I'm afraid. I'm very cliche. Followed by Patrick Troughton, and Jon Pertwee.

I love the new Dr. Who, but I like nearly anything. However, I do think they should make some of the episodes two-part, because sometimes I get the impression they're rushing to squeeze it all in.

Same Doctor's just in a different order. XD

I would agree, and then they wouldn't have to have already started the story, when the viewer watches it. The really worst example of that was the School one.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
~*Conor*~ said:
Yeah, I agree with what Matt said

Thank you.

Does anyone know what's happened to Captain Jack? I had read somewhere that he was going to return to the Tardis. As at the end of the last series. Rose used her powers to rescuse him, and you see him come alive again. Maybe if Mickey dies in this Episode, he'll come back the the Tardis Crew.

Back