• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pathetic Fallacy (Specialshipping-oneshot)

patrickstar123

#1 franticshipper
Years
  • Okay folks, this is my first fanfic, so be nice. No flame, but constructive critisizim is needed. You do NOT need to read the manga in order to read this. SPECIALSHIPPING PWNS. So... here goes nothing...

Pathetic Fallacy - when weather corresponds to human emotion.
    Pathetic indeed.
    Lights penetrated through the dusty window, and landed on the photo frame beside my bed. Inside the red oak frame, it shows a picture of me, grinning stupidly, and hugging Yellow. Surprised? Me, the champion of Kanto region, who took down the Team Rocket single-handed (well… with some help from my friends of course), have a crush on a girl?

Absurd it may seem to you, but it is, perhaps, my heart's sole desire. I cannot laugh around her; I cannot sing around her; I cannot be normal around her! Her high voice is melody to my ears; her smile is the most beautiful art; even the air around her is seemingly sweet and fresh. I tried to confess to her, but all of my attempt failed horribly…

Pathetic, I know… Call me a coward, pussycat… anything. But even worse than my inability to be romantic and grand, the girl of my dream, seems to enjoy Green's company far more than mine. Out of all the people, GREEN? My rival, out of all the people.

Perhaps its not really surprising, he's so much more handsome and cool than I am in the head of girls. He has a whole pack of fan girls running after him. He could have picked anyone of them, but why YELLOW?

Suddenly, I feel a rush of energy through my vein. I picked up the phone, and dialed yellow's number. I am not going to just surrender; I want to know how she really feels…

"Hello?"
    It's her angelic voice, suddenly, I feel my face radiating heat, and all the feelings came back to my heart again.
    "Hii…. Yellow… IIII, was jjjust gonna aaask…"
    "Yellow? Who is it?"
    Its that voice, that voice I hate, the voice that stole yellow's heart, the voice that belongs to Green. Even though it's faint, I have heard that voice too many time to not recognize it.
    "Never mind… Listen.. yellow. I'm really happy about you too. I hope everything is well, bye…"
    "Red??? What ar…"

I hang up. I did not care about what she is going to say. Right now, my whole world is spinning. It seems the only light in my heart has disappeared, and all that left is sorrow, memories, and emptiness…

(three month later)

Another Sunday, just like the last one. However, this time, it is raining.

I stepped over the yellow electric mouse, also known as a pikacu. Who is sleeping on the floor. It's amazing that how a small, helpless animal like this can be so powerful during battles. I dressed up, stepped out of the house, and into the rain.
    Those writers call the change of weather that corresponds to one's emotion pathetic fallacy. I smirked at their foolishness. But, at least they got one part right – pathetic.
    That's what I am, pathetic.

The cold rain send a shivering wave through my body, but I didn't care.

It's still early morning, most people are still sleeping. But I like the rain, it washes my sin away and cleansing my soul.

In front of me, another shadow appeared through the morning fog. Another person who like the rain, perhaps?

I couldn't care less.

The shadow ran up to me, and it appears, to be the person I love, and hate.

It's yellow.

"Hi…" She said awkwardly.

"What do you want?" My answer, even to myself, is cold and uncaring.

"Green… He doesn't want me around anymore…"

Suddenly, I feel angry. Angry that Green treated her that way. I don't know why. I don't even know since when I forgive yellow for her decision.

"And what do you want with me? Answers like 'it's okay, I'll take care of you'?" I don't want to be second-best, I would rather let her ditch me.

"IM SORRY, OKAY?! IT WAS ALL MY FAULT! NOW I REALIZED THAT IT WAS YOU. YES, YOU, RED, NOT HIM. YOU ARE WHO I LOVED."

I said nothing, I just starred at her. At her topaz colored orbs, inside, I can see sorrow, anxiety, and… hope.

Suddenly, the rain stopped, and sunshine poured through the clouds.

"Lets go get some coffee." I replied.

I am not going to let go of her this time.

Pathetic Fallacy, ummmm, maybe it's not so pathetic after all.

Back