PDA

View Full Version : Manene and Manyula's English names revealed!

Gokey Shuckle
May 28th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Well, at a Nintendo Journey Across America Event, the english names from Manene and Manyula were revealed.

Manene: Mime Jr.
Manyula: Weavile

Credit goes to Nintendo.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/6469/10005362bz.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2215/10005379qz.jpg

-Credit goes to groudon199 & balladofwindfishes

Zelos
May 28th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Wow...I don't really like either of those names. >> I would have preferred the Japanese names.

charizard_maa
May 28th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Hmm.... NOt sure what to say.

Ok. We have these professional people at Nintendo and this is what they give us for Manene? Mime Jr.? That is going to be a monthful to say. Mr. Mime is easy to say but Mime Jr. is a hard one to say. Jr. Mime sounds better but ok. Yeah. Good one.

Not much to say on the other one.

Ichigo Flash
May 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Wow...I don't really like either of those names. >> I would have preferred the Japanese names.

Couldn't agree more. Mime Jr. is very unoriginal :(

Sylphiel
May 28th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Neither of those names are really spectacular - while they're not the worst I've ever seen, they're also far from from being the best...

"Weavile" annoys me a bit. It makes me think of things besides something that's a sneasel evolution - such as "weevil" (as in the species of insect). >_< "Mime Jr." is rather boring; but then again, "Mr. Mime" is the same way, so I wasn't expecting anything too grand, admittedly.

Gokey Shuckle
May 28th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Proof has been added to the first post!

Serebii and Celibi
May 28th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Well finnally nintendo has the english names and that means Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is closer to come to dvd i,m ozzing with happienes.but to bad i won,t be here until Saturday night.

[Technya]
May 28th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Wow...Mime jr.???
As much as I dislike the name and dislike admitting this it makes sense seeing as how it's evolved form is Mr. Mime ><;

But I seriously preffer the Japanese names over these two.
Weavile is...weird...I couldn't possibly have been able to relate it to Sneasel if I hadn't seen this thread. The names are just bleh.

Gokey Shuckle
May 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Remember folks, it's most likely pronounces Wee-Vyle. "Wea" as in weasel, and "Vile" as in, cruel or malicious. Not the other kind of vile >>;

Aegis
May 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Yech

I guess they both make sense and all, but couldn't they show some more creativity? Mime Jr. is okay and doesn't really fase me... bu Weavile? Come on. I like Manuyala better...

Lord Mike
May 28th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Its as original as Seel's name. Its a seal, yet they only change one letter the capitalize the word. That's not really changing anything.

Nuke
May 28th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Same here I'll end up finding Mime Jr. an annoying name.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 28th, 2006, 12:34 PM
When I first thought of a U.S name for Manene i always thought of it being Mime jr. or something else.

:t092:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

The Fallen
May 28th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Mime Jr. isn't too original, but I like Weavile. It fits it pretty well.

Lily
May 28th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Mmm... we all use these names eventually. I think Weavile is a pretty good name. o.o;

enyce
May 28th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Nah those names suck....

They shoulda stuck with the japanese. But wait, there are the 10 year old american kids that have to be bought in. >_<

Ash_Pokemaster
May 29th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Hmm... Mime Jr. sounds nothing but ok. Many of us guessed it months ago anyway... :P Weavile sounds a bit... terrible. I'm not sure really but I hate it. I prefer Manyula really...

Chesters_love
May 29th, 2006, 11:04 AM
yah,but when are those pokemon reveled?