• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Animé Discussion - Chronicles #001 - 003: Legend of Thunder

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, I agree... Marina's voice got kind of annoying, Kenta's was okay... it could have been worse (although I wanted it to be better... ^^; ), and the episode was good. I'd already seen it in Japanese, and I liked the Japanese better... (obviously...)
    The two things that made me cringe was the changing of Kenta's name....I mean, come on, Jimmy? JIMMY?!
    ... and the fac that that guy Boshou was changed to female... So what if has long, girly colored hair?? He's a GUY!

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • They were shown last night (Saturady) on CN at 7:00 est time.

I didn't like the opening theme til when the natarator came and explain the reasons for these episodes but I like the orginal opening for the Legend of Thunder.

I thought it was okie. I mean the catch pharse was pretty nice. "You rock and you rule." That is new and fresh.

That person with the gray hair was really a guy? Still. Okie. She is a really a girl or a guy with a girly voice. Still it was nice.

I guessing it was okie with how it was done. I mean the dubbing was that bad and off right with the exception of the opening theme and that Rocket thing.

I notice we saw an old Rocket professor. Still nice.

I can't wait for the next parts of the Legend of Thunder.

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
  • I didn't watch it on Toonami but I did watch a few parts online.
    I don't like Marina's voice, much.
    Vincent was a pretty funny character.
    It was really funny when he tried to catch Marina and she fell right on top of him. XD

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I liked it, even though Jimm's hair style was weird. They could've done that better I guess. Marina's voice didn't really bother me, but I didn't like Vincent at all. He seemed to immature, and whenever I hear the name Vincent I think of Vincent Valentine...

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    so, let me get this straight:
    "Chronicles" is what comes after Advance Battle?
    Is this on Cartoon Network only?
    Are these the ones with the new voices?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    corganzero said:
    so, let me get this straight:
    "Chronicles" is what comes after Advance Battle?
    Is this on Cartoon Network only?
    Are these the ones with the new voices?

No, it's more like a spin-off that took place at about the beginning of Advanced: Challenge (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but just now arrived to the US.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
  • I watched it...It's awesome!! ^_^ (jimmy though? is that really nesseary? Meh...he's cute anyway..) XD

Years
  • Cartoon Network snuck in a showing of part 3 after part 2. The onscreen guide said "Dragonball Z." I'm bummed, I'll have to catch it on a rerun one day.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, it's interesting, to be sure, but talk about shippy...oh well. Now we move on to the next portion.

LavenderCase

Faint steps grow stronger.
    Years
  • I'm amazed. The gray-haired team rocket female was actually a male? That's an interesting bit of information. I actually liked her acting, it seemed a little more cruel to me. Though I didn't really like how they could just stand and watch the others suffer and not take advantage of their situation. It would've made the action a little more interesting, I think. Also, there was a lot of Marina-Jimmy shipping hints, which for some reason bothered me. Poor Vincent...

The intro didn't exactly capture my fancy. I kind of expected a theme song and everything, but I guess that won't be the case for Chronicles. Though I have to say that I liked it. I'll be looking forward to it this weekend.

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • If anybody is intrested i have pokemon chronicles (legend of thunder) Parts 2 and 3 in full length, avi, high quality, 100% english.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    LavenderCase said:
    Also, there was a lot of Marina-Jimmy shipping hints, which for some reason bothered me. Poor Vincent...

More like a Marina-Jimmy shipping mallet-to-the-head. I mean, forget the little Ash&Misty/May hints--this one is blatantly obvious and pretty much unarguable. The odds of them NOT getting together is about 285087666468 to 1...

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I dont think no one has legend of thunder part one because it doesnt exisit in torrents in english only part 2 and 3

Back