• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Series in Japan, Done Yet? Or still on going?

Seraph

Sigh? Duck!
Years
    • Age 34
    • FL
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Hey I was wondering if Japan has finished with the whole series of pokemon by now? Last I check they were on season 8 or so but im wondering if the anime is over yet...? Or is it still on going? If so what episode are they on by now? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2007
    Japan will next be airing episode #456, called 'Begin! Pokemon Contest - Grand Festival!' This is still of the Kanto Battle Frontier saga. So they have yet to complete this series.

Seraph

Sigh? Duck!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • FL
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    455* you mean i just found that out, thanks though! I plan on catching up with japan :) I started watching pocket monsters again, just cant let it go.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2007
    Your welcome n_n I was sure it's 456 is the next to be shown. 455 was the last episode shown. but i hope you enjoy! I wish I could find translated episodes of pocket monsters u.u

Seraph

Sigh? Duck!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • FL
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    haha well there is a subbing group...but there are only to episode 460 in subbing, they have the rest though, they also subbed the 8th movie. its at pocketmonsters.net, there BT page is here pocketmonsters.edwardk.info, good luck.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I heard the anime was gonna go until 2009, actually...
    Thats alotta episodes...

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • Reyna_fire said:
    2009? Hmm. Still that just what they say now. Who know what may happen that will inspire them to countinue making new episodes? They can go on forever.

Series could last forever, yes. But seeing Satoshi for eternity on TV Tokyo is telling Rica Matsumoto not to die :O

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2007
    Hmm that is a long time. I knew they'd already started with at least planning one new series, but not that far n.n; A programme can run into many series, but eventually all good things come to an end. Many very popular series have ended (like Friends). Satoshi-kun will keep getting closer and one day become a pokemon master. n_n I'll be happy when he does. But that's not to say that we might still have a very long time until then.n_n

DestinyOfAsh

Destiny Can Not Be Changed
    Years
  • Hmm judging by what you said 2009 well it could go on longer than that a cartoon and characters that are loved by so many could go on for like ages and ages and never stop but we'll have to wait and see I hope they continue it on thats for sure at least till Ash becomes The Number One Pokemon Master and him and Misty Finally get together then thats good enough for me ^^

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I guess it can but the show has to end. I mean even if it does end there is always the fans to keep it alive. It be our job to keep on the show. Like we know they won't answer all our questions so we have to do it ourselves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Drew said:
    I heard the anime was gonna go until 2009, actually...
    Thats alotta episodes...
    It'll go until it doesn't make money anymore, there's no set date for it to end.

Hiroki said:
    Series could last forever, yes. But seeing Satoshi for eternity on TV Tokyo is telling Rica Matsumoto not to die :O
    It's not like she's that old, the only thing that would keep her from recording would probably be touring with Jam Project.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I wish pokemon never ends.. it's the only show that I look forward to every week.. the tv becomes useless for me if there's no pokemon on air.. lol XD

Back