• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

North Korea is going to test a new missile that could reach the US

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
  • I can't blame you for being scared..you live in Cali,which is like,bordering the Pacific Ocean!

I'm sure there'll be some solution..hopefully ~_~

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2006
    North Korea is soooo uncool. Why are the communist nations always so irrational and crazy! I have family on the west coast!

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • DragonMaster Azyo said:
    North Korea is soooo uncool. Why are the communist nations always so irrational and crazy! I have family on the west coast!
    Them being communist is completely irrelevant to the subject. I am not communist, nor do I follow communism, but I hate it when people use a nation being communist as reasoning for their actions.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2006
    Well, the Nazis kinda built up the reputation for Communist nations being bad and all. The image of communism is all from the actions of the Nazis.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • The Nazi government was not communist, even though they were a totalitarian government they were not communist, they had capitalism just like us except that they all followed one leader. They were a fascist government with added prejudice.

On the subject though, this doesn't really scare me although now they could reach us.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • There are two simple reasons why North Korea won't use it, assuming that development and production continue.

Reason 1: The USA.
    Reason 2: China.

Assuming they launch to wipe out the West Coast, America's nuclear stockpile would swing into action. N. Korea gets royally screwed. Also assuming they watch, the Chinese Army at the LEAST would swarm down the Korean penninsula. Although their govenments are moderately similar, China does NOT want to lose the US as a trading partner. So, they'd willingly screw over N. Korea to keep the US as an economic ally. International politics prevent North Korea from using the missles, assuming they continue the project. This is little but worthless fear-based news.

Well, the Nazis kinda built up the reputation for Communist nations being bad and all. The image of communism is all from the actions of the Nazis.

Nazism/Facism=/=Communism. Indeed, if both systems are carried out perfectly, the two are antithetical. The reason your comparison is anywhere near close is because of soviet Russia, a totalitarian system as well. However, Russia sided against Germany in WWII because: Germany was Fascist.

I also dispute your assertation of Communism as irrational and illogical. Again, when carried out in full (which is, I know full well, entirely impractical), a Communist governemnt exists for two purposes: To equitably distribute wealth and to defend the state. There is no mention of a permanant totalitarian state in any of Marx's works.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Well if they fire at us, we'll fire back.

Don't we have about 2,500 more nuclear bombs than every other country?

But I seriously think they've gone out of their minds, especially now that it's public.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • If North Korea starts this nuclear war, then this will clearly state that World War 3 will begin. After all the USA has more firepower because we have the atomic bomb. This Nuclear bomb is said to be even stronger than the last two atomic bombs we used against Nagasaki & Hiroshima; we're talking about such an incredible power that one bomb can clearly destroy an entire country. They have to think because making another mistake.

Years
  • I dislike it when people run their mouths while being ignorant of the matter... I'm looking at the people who started running their mouths about communism and fascism and all that stuff.

As for now, I'm just putting my blame on the government for this since Bush kept antagonizing these nations and calling them "Axis of Evil" and such. Of course you'll get pissed if you get called that while minding your own business.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Communist countries are power crazy as we all know. China, North Korea, and the old Soviet Union are nations people like us don't like danger from.

I agree that George Bush has to approach this without just simply saying "Terrorism will never stop". He's got to take action. I mean, we already got hurriane season coming and soldiers in Iraq and now we got a bunch Koreans threatening us with some stupid missiles. George Bush has helped this country in some ways, but he can't just say "Oh well, its terrorism". I live in Alabama but I care other Amercans' safety and I don't know how George Bush goes to sleep at night knowing that there could be another attack.

This kind of fits in with my "Are we ever safe?" thread that I made. George Bush is right when he says danger will never cease to exist, but he should be investigating this situation and help our country more. We can't stop all threats, but its better stopping some threats then letting us die and not caring at all.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Except for one thing: North Korea isn't threatening us, at least in any overt or even viable fashion. Nor is North Korea a terrorist nation. Rogue perhaps, but not terrorist.

I also ask you to explain how any nation does not wish for more power. Politics, local, national or international are based upon the want of power for self and for nation. Power-hungry policies are not exclusive to Communist governemnts. If you're speaking of expansionism, nor does Communism have an exclusive majority. In fact, the Soviet Union was the only Communist state to ever actively pursue an expansionist foreign policy. The People's Republic did for a breif period of time as well, however that policy was abandoned.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • drummershuff said:
    But I seriously think they've gone out of their minds, especially now that it's public.

No, they think their big 'n Bad for some reason. Its not that their crazy, they just think their big and important.

I think that they just want to get in on the war cause they have an idea that Iraq might have been right in killing thousands of Americans. Its wierd how they make a bomb thret against the Americans, who have the best army in the world by the way, when they are about to settle a war.

This is why I dont like many other countries. They dont like Americans cause we have money, and they dont. Good god, that a sign to move to america so you wont be dirt poor anymore!

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    I think their just acting out. They want to be noticed. I mean they haven't since Vietnam.

Back