• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Evolution Method Suggestion

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
  • Here's an interesting idea: Some Pokemon cannot evolve until they fully love their trainers, right? What if there were certain species that cannot evolve until they fully hate their trainer? You'dhave to make them lose quite a bit and feed them bitter herbs, but it would certainly be interesting to see what would result of such an evolution.

Solemnity

Lass Solemnity
    Years
  • I think it would be far more interesting to see pokemon evolve at certain times of the day or certain weather. Eg. A 4th gen Ice pokemon evolves when in a blizzard. eg. Hoot hoot evolves to knocktowl while day time.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Or a Poké that has two different evolutions? Say, one of the evolutions can only be acsessed if the Mon loves the trainer, and the other if it hates it.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    One interesting evolution would be if it defeats a certain kind of Pokemon. Say, for instance, Zangoose would evolve if it defeated ten (or more) Sevipers.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

These are all really interesting suggestions, and I wouldn't be too surprised if D/P did indeed give us another new way of evolving Pokemon. Even if it was something like a Pokemon evolving one way if you chose the Boy trainer, or evolving another way if you chose the Girl.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Ichida

Years
  • Haha, all such good ideas. That would certainly make collecting all of them quite an endeavor.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • How about this. If a Pokemon hits a certain level. Lets just say level 30 for example. If that Pokemon loves its trainer enough it will evolve into a nice version. If it hates it then it will evolve into a mean version. If doesn't really love or hate then it will evolve into something else.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
  • I reckon the hate thing would be interesting, say for chansey, eevee, or togipe[sp?]. Just because they all need their trainers love to evolve, instead they would evolve on hate, and into some lots more interesting. ^o^;

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    It is an interesting idea but it would never be approved. The pokemon games are targeted at kids and to have the pokemon hate, would just send a bad message. All in all, the pokemon company could never approve. If I am wrong, I would be greatly surprised.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I just want to see more 2-way evolutions..like how Poliwhirl can either evolve into Poliwrath or Politoed.

Definitely would want to see some more Pokes have some multiple paths of evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2006
    Maybe you can choose between paths. Maybe two sets of gyms. A pokemon could evolve into something different if you chose a different path.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    make it like a 'family tree' sort of thing:

you get one pokemon, then it will fork off into 2 other pokemon (sort of like an eevee thing) then it will evolve again...

or they should make a pokemon with four evolutions...

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2013
    that all would be cool but that would just be like thenfirst digimon game itwas like that to you could make him hate you and love you and all that
    but still for pokemon it would be cool :laugh:

Usohachii_Pot

Prepare....for the 4th Gen.
    Years
  • Ichida said:
    Here's an interesting idea: Some Pokemon cannot evolve until they fully love their trainers, right? What if there were certain species that cannot evolve until they fully hate their trainer? You'dhave to make them lose quite a bit and feed them bitter herbs, but it would certainly be interesting to see what would result of such an evolution.
    .....Now why the heck didn't I think of that?

Oh, of course. Because Pokemon is a game about positive values, not negative ones.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2013
    Usohachii_Pot said:
    .....Now why the heck didn't I think of that?

Oh, of course. Because Pokemon is a game about positive values, not negative ones.

yeah youre right .
    what you gonna do to mkae youre pokemon hate you kick his ***

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I like this idea because if you have a pokemon that evolves into one thing when it loves you and one thing when it hates you. The love pokemon could be psychic and the hate pokemon could be dark.

Ichida

Years
  • I suppose the idea would betray the eternally optimistic tone of the Pokemon series. As for how you would make a Pokemon hate you, in the GBA games it was possible via constant fainting and feeding of bitter herbs bought in Lavaridge.

Years
  • Here is another one: A Pokémon evolves differently based on location.

EDIT: Since there could be seasons in Diamond/Pearl, maybe Pokémon evolve differently in different seasons.

Last edited:
    Back