• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokemon emerald emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

enyce

banned
Years
Well hes using an emulator so he cant do it XD

and B.Island codes dont work on the emulator. THAT IS ALL!

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
Okay, isn't Birth Island in FR/LG? And in order to get to Faraway Island, you need the Old Sea Chart from one of the Nintendo events (or by cheating).

So if it causes all this trouble, then why does anyone use an emulator? (I don't know about them, although I've heard about them a lot. So what are they?)

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
Years
Kraka-chan said:
Okay, isn't Birth Island in FR/LG? And in order to get to Faraway Island, you need the Old Sea Chart from one of the Nintendo events (or by cheating).

So if it causes all this trouble, then why does anyone use an emulator? (I don't know about them, although I've heard about them a lot. So what are they?)
special data thingies so that you can play video games on the computer,which btw I need to know more about as well....I wanna get nintendo 64 EMU/ROMs,and other stuff like that...

enyce

banned
Years
Kraka-chan said:

An emulator is like a console/portable system. On your computer. Then the roms are the data from the cartrige. Roms can only be from cartriges. While disks on emulators such as PS2 are ISO's.

Visual boy advance is the GBA emulator. Wich means you can play GBA games on your computer. Using the roms. Personally the only game that gives me trouble on the emulator is pokemon fire red. So there you have it. I have told you what it is.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
Thanks a lot enyce, that cleared things up.

Rioku Zanketa- I don't intend to use emulators.

If I was wanting to play GBA games on a different format, I'd use the GCs Game Boy Player.
So why do people use emulators?

enyce

banned
Years
Kraka-chan said:
Thanks a lot enyce, that cleared things up.

Rioku Zanketa- I don't intend to use emulators.

If I was wanting to play GBA games on a different format, I'd use the GCs Game Boy Player.
So why do people use emulators?

A lot of them do it. To make rom hacks. To test betas of the hacks, and etc.

But most people do it, because emulation and ROMS are really free. As much as it is illegal to have. Its also illegal to get profit from emulation. So you are playing your GBA's on your computer. But for free. Thats why its illegal because the nintendo company isnt making money off of it. While people are getting their product on to their PC's for free.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
Years
Ok, this question has been answered, and know it is just making more questions come up. I am gonna close this before it gets out of hand.

Next time you have a Simple Question, ask it in Simple Questions. It really helps us reduce spam so it helps us help you. The link to this overly helpful thread is in my sig and in the group of stickies near the top of the R/S/E (GBA) thread listing.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back