• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Run-time error 13: "Type mismtach"

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2006
    hey there..
    i got a question about netbattle
    lately i get a runtime error 13: type mismatch every time i try to run netbattle
    then i can do nothing but close the window..
    i wanted to look for help on the hp of the programmer, but his domain got swiped..
    so.. does anyone of u know how to solve the problem?

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • It's an error in the programming >_> You'll need to get an update to the program, if there is one. (Type mismatches occur when a variable or function has one type and is called as another, or similar.)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Sounds like a programming error. It's probably receiving a variable that should be a certain type (int, char, etc.) but isn't. If it's something related to input, it should check for this and the programmer needs to fix that. If it's something internal, the programmer needs to fix that, too.

If you're using a 64-bit OS, it might be possible it's screwing up because of that if the programmer expected a pointer to be one size and it ended up being twice that size or something.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • Sounds like a programming error. It's probably receiving a variable that should be a certain type (int, char, etc.) but isn't. If it's something related to input, it should check for this and the programmer needs to fix that. If it's something internal, the programmer needs to fix that, too.

If you're using a 64-bit OS, it might be possible it's screwing up because of that if the programmer expected a pointer to be one size and it ended up being twice that size or something.
    Just asking, doesn't 32 bit software work the way it is suppose to work, no matter which version of windows you're using (32 or 64)?

Back