• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Trading to D/P?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    If you could trade one PKMN from RSE/FRLG to DP, what would you choose?

Well D/P has inspired to take up my Sapphire game again, and I was wonderingabout this.

I think I'm gonna trade a couple of pokemon that have been bred to perfection to my new game when I get it, and I think I'm first gonna start with a Carvarhna, since I'm gonna choose the fire starter in D/P.

What will you guys choose? (with a reason)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • i dont that u would be able 2 reasons
    1)Ds and Gba cant trade sozzy to say

2)The pokedex wouldn't allow it

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Rogue said:
    But the games can trade if they are both in the DS at the same time.

Rogue said:
    Which pokdex? The ADV one or the DS? Cause you may be right wither way, considering that you may have to get a "National Dex" before you can trade in all the older pokemon to D/P.

But my question still stands.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • So you mean that what would you trade right at the start, if possible?(Because it's obvious that you need to complete some goal before you can trade, like defeating the e4)

...I don't know, there are too many in my Sapphire and Fire Red!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Rogue said:
    i dont that u would be able 2 reasons

Well, guess what: YOU'RE WRONG! The trading ability has been CONFIRMED SOME TIME AGO.

1. Two slots on the DS, DUH!!!!

2. Trade things that are in the GBA games only (like the time machine from GSC)!

...As for my Pokemon......My Mewtwo, of course...simply because it's my personal all-time favorite. End of Story.

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
    Years
  • All of them! *Obsessed "Must Complete National PokeDex" Freak Talking* J/K

Well... If I could only choose one... it would have to be my favorate Pokemon for the Ruby/Sapphire Era or earlier. That would be Jirachi. Sooo... Jirachi.

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
  • ♥Nova♥ said:
    All of them! *Obsessed "Must Complete National PokeDex" Freak Talking* J/K

Well... If I could only choose one... it would have to be my favorate Pokemon for the Ruby/Sapphire Era or earlier. That would be Jirachi. Sooo... Jirachi.
    I have to agree with you. I love my Jirachi.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    I've got to say I'm very excited about being able to trade from Ruby and Sapphire to Diamond and Pearl. (Even though they probably won't let you do it until a bit later in the game, like in Fire Red or Leaf Green, you couldn't trade to Ruby/Sapphire until you got past Cinnabar Island).

I'll probably trade a Mewtwo from Ruby with a mild nature and with an Max EV of Special Attack. :D I've already got one now at Lv. 100, and it's Sp. Attack is 422. Not bad, huh?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I'm going to carry over my entire 354-specie collection as well as my awesome fighting team, so I'll be at the ready for crazy Wi-Fi battles~<3

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Will you be able to trade from a GBA, or will you have to have another DS?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • You put both games in the same DS to trade between generations. It's almost too simple. It's a delightful surprise that's going to save many people a lot of cash.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2012
    I think i will take my Mewtwo, my deoxys, shiny rayquaza (dunno how to spell it') and my lvl 100 articuno, zapdos and moltres (the rest is lvl 100 to btw)

but isnt it possible that they kinda ´upload` R-S-E-LG-FR? so that you have an upgraded national dex with all the pokemon of D/P to...
    Because the trading system like in GSC to RBY is awfull

(sorry for my bad english... I'm dutch so I don't speak english very well)

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    If there aren't any Gardevoirs in the D/P region, then I may need to trade one over. I like my Gardes.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    i'm trading ditto! if they have that...

a female eevee. if they have that...

a female feebas. hopefully feebas will be restricted to RSE. it makes RSE that much more special.

Back