PDA

View Full Version : Do you nickname your Pokémon?

Nookling
October 28th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I always name them, but...no one else I know does it:paranoid:

Natsuki
October 28th, 2006, 09:02 AM
This should go in the General Games Discussion, my friend~ :3 Before I move it, though... Yes, I do nickname them. X3 I like coming up with really creative names that describe its features or even just something from the anime suits me. Most of the time it's just random Japanese names that I think sound cool. X3

*moves*

~Kelsey

EDIT: Maybe...the General Games Discussion forum doesn't exist anymore. XD; Guess it's staying here, nvm then. o_O

Astinus
October 28th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I do nickname my Pokémon sometimes. I only do so for the ones that I can come up with a good nickname for. My FireRed team has: Chibi Char the Charizard, Artemis the Raichu, Xenocide the Aerodactyl, and Persian the Persian. I couldn't think of a good name for my Persian!

So, yeah, I do nickname sometimes. Just not always.

Cresselia
October 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Yes, I nickname my Pokemon all of the time. I mostly name them after anime characters, and sometimes just random things. XD;

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
October 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Yup, i nickname them all too, i think it's fun! X3
Except i never nickname Pikachu... can't think of a name cuter for it ^.^

Forever
October 28th, 2006, 04:09 PM
It depends which game I'm playin', if it's boring, I would nickname em'. If it's a fun game, I tend to leave em' as is. Or just because I'll give em' nicknames laterz.

Arcanine
October 28th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I never give them a nickname, I just see it as pointless. XD

Cassino
October 28th, 2006, 05:10 PM
my main pokemon i tend to give an affectionate name. but as for the rest, i don't much, or i forget what breed they are :\

lt.bob
October 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
I sometimes nickname my Pokemon. I name them movie stuff.

miyo
October 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I don't nickname them.. cos' I'd prefer them to preserve their originality as what they really are.. xD

Sanctuary
October 31st, 2006, 05:25 AM
It depends on which game that I'm playing in which I give them nicknames. If I'm playing Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon, then I nickname all the Pokemon I have in my rescue team unless I can't think of something original. In other games unlike MD I don't nickname Pokemon and give them the name of their original species.

But if I ever give my Pokemon a nickname, I would like to give different nicknames to the different genders.

~Star Poochyena :t261:

Shaydeh
November 1st, 2006, 08:51 PM
As a matter a fact I do spare the odd second to create such useful nicknames for my battle creatures. That is precisely why you will notice my Weezing shall respond to the name ‘Fart’.

Let me explain.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me remind you that Weezing has but two openings which simultaneously serve for both intake and exhale. Also, notice how sometimes the gas released is brown. From these two facts, any T-Rex with so much half a cracked peanut for a brain can conclude that my nickname is fitting indeed. Myesh, it is, myesh.

And for all of you who always wondered why Ash & Co. start choking when it uses it’s ‘smug’ attack, bless you, you now know~

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
November 2nd, 2006, 01:34 AM
Lol , I always give my pokes nicknames :3
I just see it as fun , and it makes them more 'personal'. How would you feel if your name was 'Pikachu' and there are like another billion 'Pikachu' out there ? x3

~Princess_Pink~
November 2nd, 2006, 02:17 AM
I never give my pokemon a nickname

Smarties-chan
November 2nd, 2006, 05:35 AM
I nickname name my Pokémon whenever I can come up with a good name for whichever Pokémon I just caught/hatched whatever. (Which isn't very often. =\ ) I usually just give them names of random people from an anime, manga, game or something like that. That's how I ended up with two Flygons named Naminé and Kairi. o.o Yesh, you can smack me for being uncreative. x__x

Mudkip85
November 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
my main pokemon i tend to give an affectionate name. but as for the rest, i don't much, or i forget what breed they are

Im like hotaru i only give pokemon which were my firsts the rest i cant really be bothered to name them as they havent been with me for as long as my others have been.

Cassino
November 2nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
though, here's a thing just for thought: not naming a pokemon is like calling your pets by what they are
eg: calling your dog by the word "dog" (i don't care if you don't have a dog, this is just an example)

fallen_natsumixx
November 2nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
Yes, yes I do! But I name them thing for what they're 'based' off of or somethin' of the similar.

miyo
November 2nd, 2006, 06:03 PM
As a matter a fact I do spare the odd second to create such useful nicknames for my battle creatures. That is precisely why you will notice my Weezing shall respond to the name ‘Fart’.

LOL!!! It sounds a bit mean to do that to Weezing, but it's really really funny. I was laughing in front of my mum's laptop while reading that! xD

EmeraldSky
November 3rd, 2006, 05:40 AM
I like naming my Pokemon...it gives them a bit of uniqueness.

As for my crew, I name them for anime characters, game characters, Disney characters, and words that suit the Pokemon.

Kayleigh
November 3rd, 2006, 10:20 AM
I always have to give my Pokémon nicknames, whether they turn out nice and original, or just plain stupid. XD Like once, after a lot of thought trying to come up with something decent-sounding, I just named my Magikarp "Maggie". Of course, I did change it to something cooler when it evolved...

Most of the time, though, I don't have much trouble coming up with any names like I like, or think suit the Pokémon. I enjoy doing it because it personalizes everything a bit more... like when my friend from England came to visit me, we traded Pokémon on our games, and it was funny to see which nicknames she had given hers--and vice versa. X3 My brother and I also like to have contests to see who can come up with the funniest ones!

Ash&pikachuarethebest
November 3rd, 2006, 11:44 AM
I never nickname my pokemon unless I am playing one of the old games for the fun of it and then I will use anime names for my team

DarkCrystal
November 5th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I give all of them except Pikachu nicknames. I like being able to make them stand out. Usually I name them with names I just thought up, and I have some classics that I use in every version.

miyo
November 5th, 2006, 08:38 PM
well, if a nick is nice and original, it'll be cool.. but sometimes, if the nick doesn't sound good, it just makes the pokemon lose its 'originality'.. gosh, I hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to say here.. lols

Sammi
November 6th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Yes, I love to nickname them if they're in my party. At first, they were lame things like "Birdie" and "Grass" or some crap like that... XD; It was more a nickname for the sake of having a different name. I wasn't very original.
Lately, I've been naming them after my own characters. 8D *geek* I like it that way~

If they're just Pokemon for the sake of data, I might not nickname them. Why put in the effort if I won't ever use them? >:

Jari
November 6th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Sometimes. Most of the time I give them Japanese names, but it's fun to call your Rhyhorn "Horny".

RYPHUS
November 6th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I sometimes nickname my pokemon

Mario Famous
November 7th, 2006, 12:52 AM
I personally don't nickname them.

miyo
November 7th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Sometimes. Most of the time I give them Japanese names, but it's fun to call your Rhyhorn "Horny".

LOL. that's really funny xD

I'm really amazed how creative people can get with their nicknames for their pokemon~~ :P

Ibuberu
November 9th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Yeah! I nickname most of my Pokemon now, even those I plan to leave in the PC. ^^;; But I only started nicknaming them when Ruby and Sapphire came out. Sometimes, I'll try to come up with out of the oridinary(random?XD) names, such as Jinn, Hon Hin, Grelaro, Kelorsen... XD

But once in a while, I'll just give them names which match their own, such as... I remember naming my first Skitty in Ruby, Skittles or sumtin'. XD

Otter Mii-kun
November 13th, 2006, 03:49 PM
When I played as myself in the games-I hardly ever gave nicknames to individual Pokemon. When I played as a made-up name (such as playing as a girl in Crystal)-then I might've done that more often.
My answer to the poll was for when I play as myself.

Rokuo_Mitarashi
November 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah! I Do! Swamp the Swampert, Tropical the Tropius, Purr the Persian, Meow the Meowth, Pikaboo th Pikachu, and DoubleMew the Mewtwo. I like nicknames! All of my pokemon have nicknames!

Himawarii
November 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Oh yes 8D
Nicknames are a daily part of my Pokemon capture preocedure.Ya catch it,give it a good nickname and be it's very best friend 8D

I usually name em after random stuff I like,like Cheesecake :333~~

Rokuo_Mitarashi
November 13th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I have three other pokemon I want to reveal. Blaze the Blaziken, Blast the Blastiose, and Fly the Flygon.

Orange_Flaaffy
November 13th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Yes, I nick name all my pokemon :)
Normally I only capture one of each type, so that nick name forever after becomes the nick name for pokemon of that type and gender.
Some of my names:
Squirtle (F): Ryo
Mankey (M) : Riceball
Fearow (F): Rubywing
Butterfree (F): Cherry
Starmie: Starbright
Rattatta (M): Lucky
Kabuto (M): Gleam
Gyrarados (F): Eisabella
Snorlax (M): Van Winkle
Doduo: Kiwi
Flareon (M): Pal
Vaporeon (F): Ambrosia
Geodude (M): Poprock
Wigglytuff (F): Cottoncady

Idiot!
November 14th, 2006, 05:48 AM
To tell the difference quickly from my Battle Altaria and Contest Altaria, I nickname one of them "Candy".

Rokuo_Mitarashi
November 14th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I have a Rayquaza named Dojo, from Xiaolin Showdown.

Blastoise
November 14th, 2006, 06:51 AM
It's fun to name your Pokemon. I'll often have a theme for my team...for instance, I started a new game of Red, and my team is Wolf, Raven, Snake, Mantis, and Meryl. And my trainer's name is Otacon. :P

pokemaster393
November 14th, 2006, 01:12 PM
i have nicknamed each and every pkmn i have caught or hatched. people wonder why i give some names to them like Marsellis the Rayquaza(It used to be called Rayq).My favs are Blaze Cut the Charizard and Flame Cut the GIRL Charmeleon.(i wanted a girl anyway, but i don't know why.)(If you watch Billy & Mandy, i said yes like Fred Fred Burger.)

Pacman
November 14th, 2006, 02:38 PM
No. I don't nickname my Pokemon.

Brandon-kun
November 14th, 2006, 07:57 PM
No, I do not name my pokémon. :\

I fell as if they aren't pets and they are actually people. =]

Mudkip85
November 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
As i really do like mudkip, i decided to nickname it and came up with the name kipper it took me a long time to think of it but it suits my favourite pokemon and i like it. XD

Safao
November 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Dont seem the point in a nickname untill after level 60 when ive given them the moves I want and gotten used to them. Bless my first pikachu who became no as battery's soul.

Kozah
November 16th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I always name them but there usually wierd names that dont make sense exept a few like i always name my pikachu Sparky =3

Saurav
November 17th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Well sometime i have give them the name of their animal look, pikachu- mouse, ponyta- horse, machop- bad boy......

Pikabloo
November 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I sometimes nickname my Pokemon, and it's usually when I feel like it... Which is rarely O_o But I always nickname a Pikachu, "Bloo". Just 'cause... XD

Red1530
November 18th, 2006, 06:05 AM
I give my Pokemon nicknames based on their physical characteristics.

junior403
November 18th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Actually I don't usually put names on mine...
But I named my Charizard :t006: Mazdros...

whtfog
November 19th, 2006, 12:55 PM
i don't know why but i never name my pokemon

Hantsuki
November 19th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I only nickname my Pokemon if I know that I'm going to train with them and level them up, which means - mainly the Pokemon in my party. I just see it pointless to give a nickname to my other Pokemon if I'm not going to do anything with them since I just catch them to complete my Pokedex and such.

Volta.
November 19th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I almost never name them, however occasionally, I nickname my Pokémon after their Japanese names xD

miyo
November 19th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I almost never name them, however occasionally, I nickname my Pokémon after their Japanese names xD

Cute.. this just reminds me of James nicknaming his Mime Jr. as Manene.. lol

Volta.
November 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM
lolz, but u gotta admit, Ratiasu is a cool name, isnt it?

goku san
November 20th, 2006, 08:40 PM
nope. i don't name my pokemon.....to lazy to think of names

miyo
November 20th, 2006, 10:04 PM
lolz, but u gotta admit, Ratiasu is a cool name, isnt it?

lol~ I nearly read it as Reiatsu (if you've watched Bleach, you'll know ;) )

yep.. it does sound pretty cool~ xD In fact, I think a lot of Pokemon's names (esp the japs ones) are pretty interesting too~

Crimson Arcanine
November 21st, 2006, 10:02 PM
I nickname any pokemon I plan to use in a team. It really depends on my mood, the pokemon and sometimes the moveset what I name them, but here are some of the ones i've used more commonly or were different from usuasl

For Charizard or a Thyplosion - Firestorm
For Vapoureon - Tidemaster
For Alakazam - Mystic or Psycho
For Lapras - Mysts(if female) or Ness(if male)
For Ninetales and Ocassionly Flareon - Soulflame(originally was given to a flareon I trained up), Vicki or Kitsune
For Flareon - Pyrus
For Umbreon - Prince or Twilight
For Houndoom or Absol - Dusk
For Espeon - Dawn or Herald
For Muk - Gravy
For Exeggutor - Coconuts
For Kangaskhan or Arcanine - Guardian
For Jolteon - Psigone or Lightning
For Weezing - Chemikal
For Nidoqueen - Tomboy or Yoshi(don't ask why)
For Sandslash - Sandra(if female) or Sandro (if male)

I have also have a team in making all named after myself. It's a part of a piece of fiction I hope to prepare in the future

I also name any one I compare to other pokemon of the same species, but usually they are generic letters or numbers, so I can compare easier.

Mare
November 21st, 2006, 11:07 PM
I absolutely LOVE naming my Pokemon! The first time I went through without naming them, I thought it was silly... why not name them? I mean, they're as good as pets, right? And it's always so much fun to share with friends what you've named your little guys! ^^

Chibi_Pikachu
November 22nd, 2006, 04:31 AM
I don't really nickname pokemon

except I like to call pikachu sparky.

miyo
November 22nd, 2006, 07:35 PM
I don't really nickname pokemon

except I like to call pikachu sparky.

Sparky.. it sounds really familiar.. Is this the nick of Richie's Pikachu?

Captain Arcane
November 25th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Nope, not me.
I kinda find it stupid in my opinion because I think its just wierd. Like if some trainer went into battle with a Tangela, thew the ball and announced at the top of thier lungs " Bunch O Hair, I choose you?! If that were me, I would feel so dumb I would have my pokemon attack me just for being that stupid. In fact, if I ever named my Tangela that, I would never let it see the sight of battle again.

But there are some exceptions for me, like skitty,meoth,growlithe, and poochyena. Those for me could be given nicknames. Ex. Fluffy, snuggles, samson, lassy XD. Anyway, for me those are appropriate, oh, and Gyarados (my favourite) I sometimes nickname it Leviathin.

Jude Mathis
November 26th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Yeeep... I nickname pretty much every Pokemon I get.
Unless its a Pokemon that I catch just for the purpose of filling my Pokedex, and I don't really like it... ^^; Then I just leave their names be...

Shruikan
November 26th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I name all of the pokemon I catch. The nicknames I give them are usually retarded though.. A Psyduck I caught on Pokemon Red was called Wallyduck *hides in shame* I was a pretty odd kid when I was younger.. Some of the newer ones have slightly more original names though, mostly from books, movies, or music.

Kozah
November 26th, 2006, 11:45 AM
i always nickname my starter pokemon but not any other ones =3

Scarlet Weather
November 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I nickname any Pokemon I use in battle frontier, or in my in game team. Usually I name my starter after myself, and then I just nickname my other Pokemon based on a common theme. However, this time around Emerald my starter was female (I wanted to breed...), so I began my theme nicknaming slightly earlier. Originally, my plan was to name all of them after Japanese flowers, starting with Sakura (Cherry Blossoms), my Grovyle. Unfortunately, I forgot all of the other flower names I was going to use. 0_o

Of course, I guess I could always just change my mind and name the rest of my Pokemon after Anime/Naruto characters, but that would be like weasling out, and it's probably an overused nickname idea anyway...

Lily
November 26th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Sometimes!

Pichu - Lily. :D~
Vaporeon - Orange/Artemis/Myst
Jigglypuff - Pura-Pura
Articuno - Frostweaver xD
Charizard - Ryuu
Pikachu - Dusk, Iris, and something else I forgot..
Dugtrio - DeeDee
Espeon - if it's male, which always happens to be my case, Apollo
Cyndaquil - was Krafty. Once. :x

..and more.

Captain Arcane
November 26th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Wow, Im now starting to realize why lots of people name their pokemon. I used to think it was immature, but now I realize that its not. Its a way of showing affection for your pokemon, and making it different from all the rest. Showing that you care, and think about that specific pokemon.......................Now I wish I could change my vote.........
From now on, I willl name my pokemon.

Ahegil
November 26th, 2006, 03:12 PM
im guess no body knows this but giving you pokemon nicknames gives it in-game bonus's im not sure what they are but ill look um up again

Bomberman
November 26th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I do when I think of something funny and/or original.

Volta.
November 26th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Nope, not me.
I kinda find it stupid in my opinion because I think its just wierd. Like if some trainer went into battle with a Tangela, thew the ball and announced at the top of thier lungs " Bunch O Hair, I choose you?! If that were me, I would feel so dumb I would have my pokemon attack me just for being that stupid. In fact, if I ever named my Tangela that, I would never let it see the sight of battle again.

LOL who'd use that nickname?! You gotta admit, its relative. But Im sorry, thats the funniest thing Ive heard today!

The Fallen
November 27th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I usually tend to just let them be and keep their own names unless I feel strongly about giving them my own, which is hardly ever. The only ones I really name are ones that I don't like and get tired of seeing.

rogue
December 1st, 2006, 12:18 AM
I've never nicknamed them before, but after reading this thread I've become inspired to. XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 1st, 2006, 03:50 PM
Yes, I do. I give them Japanese names all the time, I don't know why though

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

DaVinci
December 2nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
I nickname only one pokemon. Smeargle. And he is nicknamed. Da Vinci

Ninetales
December 7th, 2006, 08:50 AM
In the first Pokemon game I ever had (Yellow), I only nicknamed a small handful of my Pokemon. But after that, I nicknamed every Pokemon I had in every game I had. Sometimes I would name them after characters I created, quite a few in G/S/C are named after Digimon, and quite a few in Sapphire and Leaf Green have names in a language some people say I made up...

For example:

-In Gold and Crystal, I have three Jumpluff nicknamed Leafmon, Palmon, and Vegiemon.
-In Crystal, my Alakazam is nicknamed Mewtwo.
-In Silver, my Meganium is nicknamed Loatifir, after a Pokemon I created.
-In my old Sapphire game, my Kadabra was nicknamed Espa Roba, a minor charcter in Yu-Gi-Oh.
-In my current Sapphire, I have a Wobbuffet named Jessie and a Chimecho named James. (So I guess I have to one day rename my Beautifly/Skitty May and my Pikachu Ash.)
-In Sapphire, my Cacnea is nicknamed Ouch. In Gold, my Pinsir is nicknamed OUCH!!
-In Sapphire, my Banette is nicknamed Deatheater. In Gold, my Noctowl is nicknamed Voldemort.
-In Leaf Green, my Raichu is nicknamed Kazuminari, which in Japanese means "thunder mouse".
-In Sapphire, my Relicanth is nicknamed Baaransu. Relicanth's actual Japanese name is Jiiransu, but the "Jii" refers to an old man. Since my Relicanth is female, I changed the Jii to Baa, which refers to an old woman instead.
-In Yellow, I have a Lapras named Flipper. In Crystal I have a Lapras named Flipper Jr.
-All the Koffings and Weezings I ever had were nicknamed Cigarette, Marijuana, and Weedy.
-In middle school I hated a girl named Yesenia, so I named my Muk after her.

axlefoley
December 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
In gold and silver i used to nickname pokemon a fair bit not so much in the advanced generation maybe I'll start when I finally get E/FRLG

Banette's Haunting
December 7th, 2006, 05:30 PM
>.> I always want to nickname my Pokemon but I get stuck between using lowercase when needed or going to uppercase for everything.

Uppercase looks better compared to all names in-game, but lowercase is correct.

GAH what a dilemma.

Dream Angel
December 9th, 2006, 11:07 AM
sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, it just depends on the pokemon or if I can think of a cool name

RYPHUS
December 17th, 2006, 04:14 AM
I sometimes do sometimes dont 50:50

Nuke
December 17th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I nickname my pokemon very rarely.

mew2_v1
December 18th, 2006, 01:11 AM
When it comes to Blue Version i first nickname my spearow as "Butt" kinda funny i dont like the sprite of spearow in that Blue Version

Right now, usually i nickname my pokemon such as Mewtwo as my Username, Mightyena as in "Mighty" and Manectric as in "Magneto"

Ai
December 18th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Sometimes I do. Depends on my mood ^^ but then usually if I don't name my starter I don't name anyone else in the whole game.. xD

.Bastion
December 18th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I used to nickname my pokemon in R/B/Y. I remember that I used to nickname my Pidgeot Tweety and my Articuno was Icee. :P

I kinda grew out of it over time though. I may nickname them if I get bored once and awile.

Ayano Katagiri
December 18th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Nope, I havent nicknamed any of my Pokemon for a long time.

Clobarr13
December 18th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I like giving nicknames.
Sometimes they're simple; (Poochy=Poochyena, Pipp=Pikachu)
Sometimes they're odd; (Devire for Sharpedo, Leonai for Salamence)
Sometimes they're cool; (Adamant= Nidoking {yea it's a nature} and Nova for Flareon)
I always name them unless I'm looking for something (held items)
Oh, I have the same problem, Banette's Haunting... It's so confusing!
(I usually go with Uppercase)

dakelland12
December 19th, 2006, 01:22 PM
i dont bother nicknaming my pokemon its a waist of time i prfer to get further in the games.

Scarlet Weather
December 27th, 2006, 08:05 AM
i dont bother nicknaming my pokemon its a waist of time i prfer to get further in the games.

*sweatdrops*

Well... that was informative. Not to be a critic or anything here, but I don't see how you get "further" by not nicknaming. Nicknames help me enjoy the game more, especially since I get the idea of "what is this Pokemon like?" As a fanfic author and reader (not to mention reviewer) I know that interesting characters bring things "to life" much better then plain old generic ones. My nicknames give my Pokemon personality, so it isn't just "Female Sceptile with docile nature and these attacks", it's "Sakura, kind, loving 'team mother', devoted to trainer, specializes in attacking this way". It makes the games more fun for me.

Chibi-chan
December 27th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Of course I do! X3 Every Pokemon I've ever caught (except ones I trade) has a nickname, and the funny thing is, the names are all different! XP So...that means I've thought of over 200 different names. That's even starting to scare me...XP

Death Rogers
December 27th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I don't usually nickname my Pokemon.

But I nickname my babies because there's always at least two eggs at the day care and I like to tell them apart.

Kenji-san
December 27th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I don't nickname my Pokémon, because I can't come up with good names xD

Master Charizard
December 27th, 2006, 09:00 AM
No I don't. I started a new game for a laugh once and I named all my pokemon stupid names and I even called the character "Retard". It was funny...for abit.

Poké King
December 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Nah I never use nicknames for some reason, the only Pokémon that I ever have that have nicknames are those that I traded with NPC's or fellow players.

Arlynn
January 2nd, 2007, 11:54 PM
Yes I do. All of my Pokemon have names that have something to do with them. Whether it be a different language (I like to stick with ancient Greek, and with the Grecian Gods/Godesses), or an anagram of their name (Don't use that as often).
My sister always nicknames them too, she's a student in Japanese in her school, so she names them all with Japanese names.

I for one always have a list of names ready, so that when I catch a new Pokemon I can nickname it accordingly. My 'Notebook of Names'. One or two for every Pokemon.

I have one Sapphire completed with all nicknamed, one gold complete with all nicknamed, one silver (my favorite) with all nicknamed in completion, and Crystal completed and nicknamed, and Yellow completed and nicknamed. And not once have I ever repeated.

squirtleboy12
January 3rd, 2007, 11:11 AM
so,etimes..may last nicnamed pokemon was a cute teddiersa wich i named teddy bear

Rainfall
January 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I always nickname them period! I'll sometimes even spend a long time thinking about perfect nicknames. I just can't stand not being able to name them, and it drives me crazy when their pokemon names are in all caps. I don't know why it bugs me...

J
January 9th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Not a lot. :x Though I did name a whole team after Red's (PokeSpecial) Pokemon. >_>