• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NOOB question

Drifblim

Banned
Years
  • There are two options on the left pane when you select something. The one on top, which displays a selection filled with white save for the cube, anything pasted will have a background. Select the other option and that'll do it.

Years
  • After you have the square selection thing on, click the bottom [
    pntoe7.gif
    ], and right-click black on the color selector, and try pasting it again.

If that doesn't work, and its saved onto your computer, open it and use the color-eraser[eraser >> right-click] until the background's gone.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • There actually is no way around that for some reason. The easiest way to get the image without a black background is by saving it instead of copying it.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Is this because the sprite is against a transparent background and your computer views all transparent backgrounds as black?
    I have that problem. It doesn't really become a problem until I use Pokesho icons or I try to copy a coloring page for the Serebiiforums coloring page contests. I dont know what's wrong.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Usually it'll be because the transparent background is actually a colour set to transparency. If you were using anything other than Paint you could use the magic wand to get rid of that, but in Paint you might just have to erase it.

Natti

where were y o u . . .
    Years
  • Try Saving it instead.

But save it as a Bitmap image, rather then a PNG or anything else. I have that same problem if I try and save an image as PNG instead of switching it to Bitmap.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Are you using Firefox? Because the same thing happens to me, so I just copy from IE.

Back