• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phoenix Wright - "Young Miles Edgeworth" Pixel Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well, my current game obsession is Phoenix Wright. And I thought it wouldn't be bad to try out some pixel art for once.

Pity me guys, I haven't done any pixel work since August 2006. Yes, I am a lazy bum. D;

This took me a while and...I'm quite proud of it. ^^ It's of Miles Edgeworth when he was slightly younger, therefore in different uniform. This took me quite a while to do, so...here we are.

Done entirely on Microsoft Paint.

You can have a look at some of my stages as well right here

Last edited:
    Years
  • Like I said on MSN earlier

sadfasdfad (I think)

looks like a sprite from the game, you carried the style off well, just the colours of his jacket kinda look funny to me

your signature changed o.o

Years
  • Like I said on MSN earlier

sadfasdfad (I think)

looks like a sprite from the game, you carried the style off well, just the colours of his jacket kinda look funny to me

your signature changed o.o

Yeah, I took the colour palette off the sprites that were already there. It was a bit of a pain in the eyes to try and shade over that bright pink exterior. XD

Yush. o,o

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's amazing how many people are viewing this one piece of pixel art. you should know by now that I never agreed to you stopping your pixel art, you were always one of PCs best.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    o.o explains it all really.

I was amazed by the initial stages that I saw. The line art and shading of both the face and hair were amazing.

And now seeing the completed piece of work ... I'm like ... o.o

It's literally quite amazing, keep it up.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • That's just simply awesome. The lineart and detail on the shirt is what really impressed me with this piece, but the whole thing is just incredible. Well done, Siggeh.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    arrrrr! pwnsome!!!!!
    really awesome shading.
    i can only say i think that the arm on our left *checks* yeah our left. looks a little iffy.
    persectively it seems too stick out a bit much.
    just makes the positionlook a bit awkward.
    still. amazing worl, love the hair especially!<3

Years
  • I've just noticed that the hair and the rest of him don't seem to go together, I'm not sure weather its the style or just me o.o

Years
  • Thanks for the comments guys. ^^

And yeah Esupio, it's part of the style. I was observing the sprite work as I was doing it. :P

Anyway Maz, I took your criticism and decided to tweak his right arm a bit.

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • awesome. i haven't had the opportunity of playing Phoenix Wright, but it must be pretty good if it's inspired you to do some of the best spriting i've seen in a while.

Years
  • Yay, what a sprite. :D
    Awesome shading, great pose,great game, good textures, and all that jazz. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    asddsghfgjkh *jaw drops*
    now that is what i would call moderator art.
    holy jeez that picture is flipping amazing.
    hmm.. have you tried any other characters from Phoenix Wright?

aocom

Me like pixel art
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    eh... something about the expression looks really weird. I think its the nose's fault. I don't think it's wide enough at the base. other than that, i really like it. pretty hair. :P

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Not as of yet, but when I do get time I'll do another one. ^^

Though who to do... o.o'

Maybe you should try a non phoenix Wright character int he style? Like i don;t know...me? Kidding, kidding, but seriously, seeing someone from another game in the phoenix Wright style would be pretty cool :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Looks cool. However, there are some nitpicks. For one thing, the lineart sticks out in a few places; there's some aliasing. This wouldn't be a problem, but the rest of the image is comparatively very clean, making said spots detract somewhat from the overall piece. Also, there's a few too many colors; some whites that are nearly indistinguishable from each other. Taking every color straight from the game might have been a poor choice, especially from a DS game in which the exercise of color conservation is not as necessary. It might be a good idea to find a better program than MSPaint. Specifically, one that can allow you to manage your palette. It's not that Paint is incapable of producing decent work, it's just that there are programs that are just as easy to use, and you'll be much more tempted to worry about color if you can fine-tune it more easily, whereas in Paint you're forced to haphazardly guess everything and then spend time hunting down every pixel whenever you want to change a single color. I currently use Cosmigo ProMotion, but I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives.

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • Pretty good, I just dont like how you said it was done in MSpaint, nearly half of all the good spriters/PAers use MSpaint. But keep it up.

Years
  • I was thinking recently of using something else other than MS Paint anyway, mainly because I keep dawdling whenever I do any spritework on it. >_>

Though now I feel more than certain to do it. ^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back