• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Da Roy Litchenstein Rip-off

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
i think i spelt that right... anway.
this was the Traditional one.
i copied it in art class from a book, then took it home and scanned it it.
roy-litchenstien-1.png

i used Roy Litchenstiens 'M-maybe girl' as a ref.
then i cleaned out the linart on the PC
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e262/Mazilwolf/roy-litchenstien-clean.png
and added a splash of colour...
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e262/Mazilwolf/roy-litchenstein-colourd.png
and finally, shaded to get this:
roy-licthenstien-shaded.png

i'm pretty pleased.
i didint have the ref to colour with, so i couldnt do the prettyful thing with the dots :(
but still, i kinda like putting my own kick on things, so whadya think?

Tools used:
skectch paper, reference book, techincal pencil with HB lead, eraser, Large Berol Italic pen, scanner, adobe photoshop and graphics tablet.

Horrorshow

Astrud, astrud.
Years
Not bad, not bad! I'm not sure about the source material, but it looks like you've got the comic book style down pretty nicely! If you ever get the time to mess around with the coloring again, I'd really recommend using some half-tones to get that 50s comic book look. That'd be awesome! :0

Nice work. :]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
Not bad, not bad! I'm not sure about the source material, but it looks like you've got the comic book style down pretty nicely! If you ever get the time to mess around with the coloring again, I'd really recommend using some half-tones to get that 50s comic book look. That'd be awesome! :0

Nice work. :]

yeah, what im thinking of doing next time i have the ref is doing as Litchenstien did and dawing on all the tone by hand. s'a very god idea<3
:3 danqu for the comment<3

Patrick Bateman

G L O R I A
Years
It's Lichtenstein. I love his works. You did a pretty good job in reproducing it's likeness and atmosphere. It's interesting seeing it with uh, 'smoothed out' colours rather than the comic-esque dots.

Back