PDA

View Full Version : Oh! A bite..........It got away!

CHEisCOOL
September 26th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Whenever I fish this I either get "Not even a nibble" or "Oh! a bite! ... It got away!" with any rod at any place. Why is this? :(

Kayleigh
September 26th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Don't worry, I had the same problem too! ^_^
They've made fishing a lot more complicated on R/S than on the older games. To usually catch a Pokmon with the fishing rod, you'll have to press the A button as soon as it says 'Oh! A bite!'. You may have to wait awhile, since it gets repetitive, but soon you'll get the hang of it! I hope I helped!

Kairi
September 26th, 2003, 05:54 AM
As soon as it says "Oh, a bite!" press A. You often have to do this several times, but eventually it'll say "A Pokmon's on the hook!" and you can battle it. It takes some getting used to. ^_^;

Shelz4U
September 26th, 2003, 11:06 AM
I had problems with this too until July when kairi told me how to do this!

Here is what you do:

-use a rod
-Wait for it to say "It`s a Bite"
-Tap the A Button until you get it!

Hope I helped!:)

Blaziken
September 26th, 2003, 11:07 AM
I wish they kept fishing the same way as R/B/Y and G/S/C!

Kayleigh
September 26th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Oh wait, you are supposed to release A! o_O I've been playing Gamecube too much, lol. Sorry, I'll edit that...

Q Man
September 26th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Here's the method I use
when you fish, look closely, when "Oh! A bite!" flashes in your text box (it will always be under the line of dots) press A once. the text box will clear, and another line of dots will start to form. After a while (its a different amount of dots each time, you just have to pay attention) "Oh! A bite!" Will flash again under the line of dots. Once again, press A once. The process will keep repeating until it tells you that there is a Pokmon on the hook.
Note: If you press A before "Oh! A bite!" appears under the line of dots, you will lose your catch ("It got away...")

chriooman
September 26th, 2003, 06:45 PM
where you get super rod? does anybody know howto beat the pokemon leage?

Kairi
September 26th, 2003, 06:49 PM
It's in Mossdeep, go into a building and talk to a fisher. He'll give it to you.

willis_chong
September 3rd, 2007, 05:38 AM
Only you know how to win the Pokemon League.You can get the super rod in Mossdeep.

Smarties-chan
September 3rd, 2007, 07:52 AM
Willis_chong, do not revive threads over a month old. It's against the rules here. Take a look at the date the last post was posted at before you reply to something in the future, okay?