PDA

View Full Version : Simple Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 26th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Jiirachi a.k.a. Mild_Altaria.

For anyone who has simple easy questions that can be answered by only 1 post without starting a discussion or debate, etc, then please ask your question here. Examples include:

What level does Mudkip evolve?

Where can I find the Orange Mail?

What is the last Attack that Flygon learns and on what level is it learned?

Where do I find Shroomish?

How do I evolve Gloom?

Just very simple, in game, basic questions...

Well, ask away...

chriooman
September 27th, 2003, 08:00 AM
What level does Mudkip evolve? 36

Where can I find the Orange Mail? buy it

What is the last Attack that Flygon learns and on what level is it learned? i dont know

Where do I find Shroomish? i forget but i have him

How do I evolve Gloom? leaf stone

Arcanine
September 27th, 2003, 08:05 AM
chriooman you stop posting the same thing over and over again, keep that up and you will be banned.

Kairi
September 27th, 2003, 08:10 AM
He wasn't asking for the answers to those questions, he was just giving an example of questions that may be asked here.

Don't hit the reply button more than once... please don't post the same thing twice or more in a row.

kingdra71
September 27th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Do pokemon learn new moves after level 80.

Rift
September 27th, 2003, 02:29 PM

What is the last Attack that Flygon learns and on what level is it learned? i dont know

How do I evolve Gloom? leaf stoneim gettin de sha vou of what happened with the last simple questions! i remember someone bein a smart allic and answered the example questions!

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 27th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Back on topic!

Yes some do.

Arcanine
September 27th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Yes, like Salamence learns Double-Edge at level 93.

Rift
September 27th, 2003, 08:53 PM
At level 93!? geez you got to be a real dedicated trainer to get that move naturally! O_o

Kairi
September 27th, 2003, 09:13 PM
It's a shame it loses Rock Head when it evolves. It's be a great move for it if it didn't receive the 33.3% recoil from it.

neomatrix
October 2nd, 2003, 03:17 PM
how do u get waterfall on sapphire because i keep wasting my batteries on trying to find waterfall.

Kairi
October 2nd, 2003, 03:19 PM
It's in the Cave of Origin, you go there after Kyogre gets released.

neomatrix
October 2nd, 2003, 03:47 PM
how do u get to sotopolis city i cant find any way to get there so then i can go to the cave of origin.

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 2nd, 2003, 05:05 PM
It's a collectable item there.

Shouldn't something like this be asked in Simple Questions?

Kairi
October 2nd, 2003, 05:26 PM
It should, I can merge them I suppose...I just don't like to too often 'cause it makes double posts. Oh well. ^_^;

Rift
October 2nd, 2003, 06:16 PM
how do u get to sotopolis city i cant find any way to get there so then i can go to the cave of origin.
I was lookin for a couple hours, but isnt it where the sub was? but then again, i have the memory of a gold fish! ^_^;

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 2nd, 2003, 07:13 PM
Look for a route with white rocks and a round divable patch. Dive at the south but of the patch, and you'll fint it ^^

Arcanine
October 2nd, 2003, 07:20 PM
Scott you are a Gold Fish XD.

Well start out at Mossdeep City then go south (down) stay all the way to the left (at the same time keep going down), go down till you see route 126 (its on the left. Then do what Jake said up there.

Haruka
October 2nd, 2003, 08:18 PM

How do I evolve Gloom? leaf stone

Worng answers

Mudkip evolves at level 16.. or 18

You can find Shroomish in the Pedalsburg Forest or Route 103

And you can also Evolve Gloom with a Sun Stone

Bleh... and anyways.

BOO ya!

neomatrix
October 3rd, 2003, 04:20 PM
ahh nevermind i found a way by using dive by the hunters house

OffRoadSP
October 19th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Here's a question maybe somebody could answer: I've heard some of you talk about "IV"s and "DV"s. What are those?

Kairi
October 19th, 2003, 06:36 AM
IV stands for Individual Value. It's part of what makes two of the same Pokmon have different stats. Each of a Pokmon's stat has a value, ranked from 0 to 31. The higher this value, the more that stat has. So, if my Pikachu has an Attack IV of 30, and your has 16, mine will have more potential attack. However, yours may have higher IVs for the other stats. They also determine Hidden Power's type and power.

invinible
October 19th, 2003, 02:54 PM
What does Tail Glow do???

Kairi
October 19th, 2003, 03:21 PM
It ups your special attack two levels, just as Swords Dance does for attack.

invinible
October 20th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Is the Zangoose/Seviper fued, a 1 on 1 pokemon fued or a fued like the McCoys and Hatfields?

Arcanine
October 20th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Is the Zangoose/Seviper fued, a 1 on 1 pokemon fued or a fued like the McCoys and Hatfields?That does not have anything to do with simple R/S questions. And dont even say it does have to do with R/S. That post there is spam.

invinible
October 20th, 2003, 11:02 AM
That does not have anything to do with simple R/S questions. And dont even say it does have to do with R/S. That post there is spam.

The question is in its simpliest form: Is there 1 Zangoose that is fueding with 1 Seviper or are all the Zangooses fueding with all the Sevipers?

Arcanine
October 20th, 2003, 11:05 AM
The question is in its simpliest form: Is there 1 Zangoose that is fueding with 1 Seviper or are all the Zangooses fueding with all the Sevipers?
This thread is about the game not "ok this pokemon hates this one oh why do thay fight" you ask questions about the games in this thread.

Kairi
October 20th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I think he means about the Pokdex data for these two Pokmon which says they are predators, meaning the whole species is against the other.

invinible
October 20th, 2003, 11:12 AM
This thread is about the game not "ok this pokemon hates this one oh why do thay fight" you ask questions about the games in this thread.

Than I'll have to ask you this question: Did you ever really read Zangoose's and/or Seviper's description according to the Ruby and Sapphire pokemon games?

Arcanine
October 20th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Than I'll have to ask you this question: Did you ever really read Zangoose's and/or Seviper's description according to the Ruby and Sapphire pokemon games?Im not stupid, yes I have seen it before. And im going to answer your question and dont even belong in this thread. All Zangoose and Seviper fued not just 1 or 2 all.

Kairi
October 20th, 2003, 11:35 AM
What Arcanine means is this thread is for gameplay mechanics questions, only. Pokdex things should have their own topic, so make one for Zangoose and Seviper's feud, it's not directly related to gameplay.

neomatrix
October 25th, 2003, 11:10 AM
where do i find RAYQUAZA in sapphire

neomatrix
October 25th, 2003, 05:53 PM
nvm i know RAYQUAZA is in the sky tower but how do i get there

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 25th, 2003, 06:00 PM
neomatrix, please don't double-post. edit your post instead.

bna_li
October 29th, 2003, 05:23 PM
nvm i know RAYQUAZA is in the sky tower but how do i get there
You get the mach bike from the Rydel's cycles shop. Go to the sky pillar. Then you ride past fast all across the craks. You can't stop or it'll break and you'll fall to the bottom. Anyways, on the 3rd level, there are 4 cracks when you finish the ones before. This part is tricky. You stop in the center, not the end. I recommend you save it before fighting it. Thats what I did, and it was lucky I did cos I killed it. I think you should try catching it with all sorts of balls.

bna_li
October 29th, 2003, 05:35 PM
How do I get Pokerus? And also how come my berries never grow? I mean I've planted them like 40 hours ago in play time. And also why doesnt the berry master give me berries? He keeps saying, come another day...?

Kairi
October 29th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Are you playing on a ROM without "Real Time Clock" enabled? Sounds like the answer.

Pokrus is rare after random battles, it will infect your lead Pokmon. That Pokmon can then spread it to others. It doubles the EVs gained, of course. ^_^;

bna_li
October 30th, 2003, 04:29 PM
No, I'm using a Cartridge and I play it with a GBA SP. I don't know what's wrong with it? When I go to save, it says how many play time hours, but I don't think thats really how long I've played it. And I don't get it when they say at the departmental store: Come another day.... Whens another day? Also, how do I know when I got Pokerus? Thanks for any help in advance.

Kairi
October 30th, 2003, 04:33 PM
The infected Pokmon will have Pokrus on it's status menu in the bottom left-hand corner.

That sounds like a defective cart. You may have to return it.

bna_li
October 30th, 2003, 04:40 PM
What? Oh no... I've been playin it for so long. Now I'll have to start again. I have a question. When's another day?

codes
October 31st, 2003, 09:01 AM
what level does blaziken learn flamethrower?????

codes
October 31st, 2003, 09:08 AM
the time thing happens to me also how do you enable "REAL TIME CLOCK"(i'm using a rom)THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE!!!

Kairi
October 31st, 2003, 10:36 AM
Please avoid double posting.

Real Time Clock is a feature of the latest version of VBA http://vboy.emuhq.com/

You can enable it in Options > Emulator > Real Time Clock.

Blaziken does not learn Flamethrower. Only Torchic does, at level 43.

codes
October 31st, 2003, 02:15 PM
thanx for your help!!AND SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POSTING

Malc
November 2nd, 2003, 09:50 PM
what ball do u have to use to catch groudon apart from masterball?

Rift
November 2nd, 2003, 09:56 PM
i caught my Kyogre with a Timer ball! just to let ya know theres no specific ball ya have to use to catch Groudon/Regis/Latios/Rayquaza! but i recomend Timer Ball and Ultra Ball!

bna_li
November 2nd, 2003, 11:02 PM
Sapphire Latios is right, I caught Regirock with a Timer Ball as well.
I was wondering, issit possible to [U]in-game duplicate items?

Rift
November 3rd, 2003, 07:55 PM
i dont think it is...but id have to check it out! in G/S i duplecate my items by makin a Pokemon hold it then just duplicate the Pokemon! XD

Hakudoushi-kun
November 3rd, 2003, 08:29 PM
there might be some glitch, but using the old way of turn off the gameboy quickly while saving in a PC box doesn't seem to work on GBA games

bna_li
November 3rd, 2003, 11:38 PM
I know... I turned it off and when I restarted it, it said the save file has been deleted...

Frostweaver
November 4th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Sapphire Latios is right, I caught Regirock with a Timer Ball as well.
I was wondering, issit possible to [U]in-game duplicate items?

the old trick from GSC does not work anymore. It will not duplicate anything but it will certainly demolish your file...

so far there is no way to duplicate anything except for gameshark

Kairi
November 4th, 2003, 07:06 AM
They changed the way saves were handled with the RAM and whatnot starting with Crystal. The new box system also aids in not being able to duplicate. No in game method is present this time.

Gengar
November 4th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Two questions.

(1) How do I get to Lilycove city?
(2) Where do I get dive?

bna_li
November 4th, 2003, 04:53 PM
You walk from Fortree city - right, and when you see lots of tall grass, walk down. Then cross the bridge and walk right, then down again, and all the way to the right. You'll see a tree you can cut and when you see the safari zone, on the right is Lilycove. You get dive at Mossdeep(I think) and at Steven's house which is at the upper left of the island.

Thunder Pichu
November 4th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Where is exp. share?
And can I have a list of which berries make what pokeblocks please? I really need some help there.
Thank you all for your time.

Kairi
November 4th, 2003, 05:20 PM
http://gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/32745.html

Check the Berry Blending guide here.

The EXP Share is in Fallarbor Town, talk to the president whom you delivered the package to.

Thunder Pichu
November 4th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Fallarbor has a president? I am hopeless....

EDIT: Oh! Rustboro! I have it now, thanks!

Kairi
November 4th, 2003, 05:37 PM
It's the huge building you delivered the package to...you had to give it to him, he gave you the Poknav.

Malc
November 4th, 2003, 05:43 PM
hello, dose any1 no pikachus nature?( like Bold mild calm ect.)

Kairi
November 4th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Each Pokmon you catch may have any nature. You could have a Pikachu with any nature. ^_^;

Malc
November 4th, 2003, 06:33 PM
oh :P im trying to catch a pikachu in S-zone but cant find one i was thinking of using a block but i dont do what block it likes :/

Hakudoushi-kun
November 4th, 2003, 07:59 PM
well my pikachu liked the green block

bna_li
November 5th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Is there any way to make the stoopid Shedinja not faint after one hit? Anyone?
Does anyone know how to raise the HP or somethin? Also where can I get horsea? Thank you.

Thunder Pichu
November 5th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Use a weaker pokemon.

Pikachu ADORE pink pokeblocks. They're made with pecha berries in the blender.

bna_li
November 5th, 2003, 07:53 PM
How does the box trick work? Does it? What do I do? Pls reply... Everyone ignores me.

Hakudoushi-kun
November 5th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Is there any way to make the stoopid Shedinja not faint after one hit? Anyone?
Does anyone know how to raise the HP or somethin? Also where can I get horsea? Thank you.

shedinja will always have 1 hp. it's special ability is wonder something, which means only attacks that are super effective on bug/ghost types work on shendinja. otherwise, nothing else works on it

horsea can be fished in the water currents area.

Frostweaver
November 5th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Pokemon likes a certain pokeblock depending on their nature. it has nothing to do with what pokemon it is. Ultimately a Pikachu can like any color of blocks. For example: a Pikachu that likes to eat pink pokeblocks will also like to participate in cute contest, and etc... go to meowth's site for more info. Here is a rip from pokefor so give all credit to meowth. (view attachment. meowth's site isn't suppose to be very stable at the moment so...)

Shedinja- awesome pokemon if used correctly. it's 1 hp only but it can't be damaged from any move that isn't super effective (status effect moves excluded)

moves that kill Shedinja- fire attacks, ghost attacks, dark attacks, rock attacks, hail, sandstorm, poison/toxic status, will o wisp, curse, perish song, possibly confuse ray, flying attacks, struggle, bug attacks, spike

move that may kill Shedinja (i'm not sure about this one)- leech seed

EDIT: Right Kairi... how the heck can i forget spike... *adds to list*

Kairi
November 5th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Toxic will work on it, as will weather effects, Spikes...

frosty beat me to it. o.o;

Spyke
November 5th, 2003, 11:55 PM
what do u do after u beat the e4
where/how do u catch rayquazaa

bna_li
November 6th, 2003, 12:53 AM
what do u do after u beat the e4
where/how do u catch rayquazaa
You train somemore, fight at the Battle Tower. Rayquaza is at the Sky Pillar near to Pacifidlog.

bna_li
November 6th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Can I have locations for Heart Scales please... I forgot. Thanks!

Kairi
November 6th, 2003, 07:08 AM
You may Thief or Covet them off of Luvdisc, and their are many underwater where the sea floor is slightly discolored, press a all around it.

Spyke
November 6th, 2003, 03:38 PM
where by pacificlog??? :???

Hakudoushi-kun
November 6th, 2003, 07:12 PM
surf to the right until you see some rocks above on your screen. then surf up and try and find a space between the rocks to go through to. you'll see a small sandy shore. surf to it. then walk through the small cave and you'll see a tower ahead of you. just go up the stairs. the tricky part is the crumbly ground. you need a mach bike for this.

neomatrix
November 6th, 2003, 07:49 PM
im doing what it says in the faq OF THE LEGENDARY POKEMON but it dosent work i cant go to any regicesteel,regirock and regis but i cant i can only go to the regis but i dont have dig but i have all the other things.

Hakudoushi-kun
November 6th, 2003, 08:03 PM
catch a sandshrew, maybe it'll learn it

Kairi
November 6th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Nincada learns it naturally. Catch one and raise it to 45 without evolving it.

bna_li
November 6th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Get it from the Fossil Maniac. Thas the easiest way.

bna_li
November 7th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Okay, I got a question. When the Pokemon breeds, and you get an egg, isn't the egg supposed to hatch and have the moves that the father had?

Kairi
November 7th, 2003, 02:53 PM
It can inherit certain moves for its species called breeding moves, and the father needs to know them. It also gets any TM moves the father has that it can learn.

bna_li
November 7th, 2003, 02:56 PM
You mean if I teach the father a TM move it'll learn it? Or will it be already there?

Frostweaver
November 7th, 2003, 02:58 PM
and so this means that with breeding it's ALMOST infinite TM through continuous breeding... since some pokemon share traits of several egg groups, egg moves and tms can be passed through to another egg group. However, there are moves where the lowest form of evolution cannot learn while its fully evolved form can.

Example: Earthquake and Altaria. ONLY Altaria can learn it but not Swablu. In this case Altaria can only learn earthquake through TM.

Example2: Gyarados and Earthquake. I don't think Magikarp can learn earthquake so... yeah...

Example3: Heracross + Flygon with earthquake. No pokemon of the bug egg group can learn earthquake naturally. And no part bug egg group pokemon can learn earthquake (Flygon is a pure bug type in terms of egg group) so you need to teach either Heracross or Flygon earthquake in order to get the two of them the precious earthquake move... so in some cases you still need multiple TMs gamesharked...

EDIT: Yes if the father has it, the child will have it immediately at lvl 5. Beware as the baby can only have 4 moves. If at birth it'll have more than 4 move, then it will erase the top one on the list automatically, the the next one and continuing on like that (just like how a wild pokemon learns its moves)

bna_li
November 7th, 2003, 03:49 PM
This is a stupid question, asked by mi bro. Can Latias and Latios breed? I need someone to post something to show him please.

Frostweaver
November 7th, 2003, 03:53 PM
no... they are just a pair of very special legendary that can be affected by attract... that is all.. plus if you know the history of Latios and Latias then you'll certainly be sure that they CANNOT breed... or else it's rather a pure abomination

Kairi
November 7th, 2003, 04:01 PM
They're brother and sister right?

Anyways, they are affected by attract because of their gender, that's about it. They can't breed with anything.

Frostweaver
November 7th, 2003, 04:20 PM
and brother/sister relationship = gross...

so they're just attract-able, not breedable... they would never introduce such not right idea into a game like this.

bna_li
November 7th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Erm... the one with the cross is female and arrow is male, right?

Kairi
November 7th, 2003, 04:45 PM
The one pointing down that is pink is female, and the blue arrow pointing northeast is male.

bna_li
November 7th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Is there anyway to make them breed faster, or hatch faster?

Hakudoushi-kun
November 7th, 2003, 08:06 PM
try cycling on the widestrip across the mauville area. each step equals 1exp point for a pkmn under lvl100

Spyke
November 7th, 2003, 09:51 PM
it says go into the cave ov the rei trio on the legendary faq. but i cant get in why not?

bna_li
November 7th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Read it carefully. It works. I've done it before, with another FAQ. But I checked, I works.

Frostweaver
November 7th, 2003, 10:07 PM
there is no way to make a Pokemon breed faster or hatch faster... it all depends on a random number generated so pure luck i'll say?

invinible
November 8th, 2003, 10:45 AM
no... they are just a pair of very special legendary that can be affected by attract... that is all.. plus if you know the history of Latios and Latias then you'll certainly be sure that they CANNOT breed... or else it's rather a pure abomination

Just because they can't breed in the pokemon games doesn't mean they aren't able to breed in the show. Remember the Lugia named Silver? Can't say their breeding abilities are restricted because of the way they are formed; afterall Porygon can breed and it was suppose to be a virtual pokemon rather a "real" pokemon like Pikachu or Squirle. Can't say the restriction is because of being brother/sister since you are able to breed all kinds of brothers/sisters in the pokemon games once the breeding feature was put in.

Rift
November 8th, 2003, 09:51 PM
no... they are just a pair of very special legendary that can be affected by attract... that is all.. plus if you know the history of Latios and Latias then you'll certainly be sure that they CANNOT breed... or else it's rather a pure abominationIt is pretty stupid to have them have a gender if the only thing its good for (in the Latios/Latias case) is for them to get attracted! x_X

Frostweaver
November 8th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Just because they can't breed in the pokemon games doesn't mean they aren't able to breed in the show. Remember the Lugia named Silver? Can't say their breeding abilities are restricted because of the way they are formed; afterall Porygon can breed and it was suppose to be a virtual pokemon rather a "real" pokemon like Pikachu or Squirle. Can't say the restriction is because of being brother/sister since you are able to breed all kinds of brothers/sisters in the pokemon games once the breeding feature was put in.

first of all... this is posted in the pokemon gameboy forum so automatically all response are applied to the gameboy unless stated otherwise... yes legendary can breed in the show but not in gameboy...

Porygon cannot breed in or out of the show. Both inside the show and the game it's created, and does not rely on "breeding". (refer to Electric Soldier Porygon)

yes it's true that brothers and sisters can interbreed *pukes* within the gameboy... and if at all possible don't look at the "breeding system" that way because it certainly gross me out... maybe not to you but certainly to me. I never mix up the "family genes" together... but latios and latias are rather given a very human image upon them. And we humans do not like to apply "that" to our lives... (latias can transform into a human image afterall)

Rift
November 9th, 2003, 10:35 AM
I just had a real wierd idea! what if you catch a Male and Female of some Pokemon and you breed them but they're really brother and sister!? that'd be creepy...

bna_li
November 9th, 2003, 09:18 PM
I'm having a really hard time trying to beat the people at the Battle Tower. Can someone please post a team they recommend?

Hakudoushi-kun
November 10th, 2003, 08:24 PM
well, to tell ya the truth, it's way easier than the crystal one. but i'd recommend wobuffet, shendaisha, and other pkmn that have 2 or more types

Rift
November 10th, 2003, 08:31 PM
I'm having a really hard time trying to beat the people at the Battle Tower. Can someone please post a team they recommend?I have a good idea bna-li! you should go to Game Boy stradegies and movesets! im sure alot of people will give ya good teams! ^^

bna_li
November 11th, 2003, 03:08 PM
I don't need them for the moment. I was trading and there was a link error and now the save file is deleted.. Thanks anyway.

Rift
November 11th, 2003, 04:31 PM
geez, that stinks Bna_li...well i dont really bother with battle tower myself...

Frostweaver
November 11th, 2003, 04:51 PM
geez, that stinks Bna_li...well i dont really bother with battle tower myself...

nah... battle tower is still ingame and therefore not difficult (but definitely more difficult than normal ingame.) Unlike the GSC crazytower, they do not have max stats (in fact they got poor EV distribution, which is your key to winning Battle Tower with ease).

Sleek
November 13th, 2003, 12:27 PM
i have around 150 pokemon on ruby, and i know where to catch almost every one of them. what stumps me is WHERE DO YOU GET JIGGLYPUFF?

invinible
November 13th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Can Skamary be catch with a normal Pokeball if she is down to 1 hp and you use the ture Pokeball into Masterball trick from the Red and Blue games?

Kairi
November 13th, 2003, 04:44 PM
The trick doesn't exsist on Ruby and Sapphire.

You can catch it with any ball, just more difficult.

Rift
November 13th, 2003, 07:30 PM
i have around 150 pokemon on ruby, and i know where to catch almost every one of them. what stumps me is WHERE DO YOU GET JIGGLYPUFF?
Its just North of Rustboro where you have to surf! *gets a map and points to the location* at least...i think thats right! ^^; *gets thrown out a window*

bna_li
November 16th, 2003, 06:33 PM
You have to surf thru the rocks. My brother was stupid and couldnt find any but once I took his GBA he got one like 5 secs later.

Spyke
November 22nd, 2003, 12:54 PM
yes u do....anyways what pokemon can learn dig naturally?

Kairi
November 22nd, 2003, 02:04 PM
Trapinch at 41 and Nincada at 45 are your best bets.

DragonTrainer
November 22nd, 2003, 03:24 PM
I think nincada is better for dig, since trapinch takes too much exp. to level up.

Spyke
November 22nd, 2003, 04:15 PM
I think nincada is better for dig, since trapinch takes too much exp. to level up.

good because my
NINNY
/NINCADA

is at level 36 :confused:

DragonTrainer
November 23rd, 2003, 09:45 AM
What you could do to raise them fast is give them exp. share, and fight the E4.

Lantsit15
November 23rd, 2003, 06:43 PM
can any one pls tell me how to use the ability called blaze. it say powers up in a pinch but I don't understand how it works.

Hakudoushi-kun
November 23rd, 2003, 08:08 PM
i think it makes fire attacks more powerful the more you use it in a battle

Kairi
November 23rd, 2003, 08:13 PM
When your HP drops below 1/3, your Fire Attacks increase in strength by 1.5.

Hakudoushi-kun
November 23rd, 2003, 08:17 PM
hmm, in a pinch....
oh, i thought pinch meant quickly, not critical hp

Lantsit15
November 26th, 2003, 07:35 PM
thanks for replying but I tried what all of you told me but the blaze of typhlosion won't work.
does anyone know how exactly how to use the ability called blaze?

Kairi
November 26th, 2003, 07:46 PM
It does work, without telling you anything really. Try attacking something with Flamethrower, and record the damage, Attack the same with Flamethrower when you are under 1/3 HP, and see the difference.

E. Master
December 6th, 2003, 09:19 AM
How do you get to the Southern Island? I have Eon Ticket.

Frostweaver
December 6th, 2003, 12:51 PM
you take the boat (ss tidal? i forgot the name...) that would normally take you to battle tower. Now the soutern island option should be available with the eon ticket... and you just go there and best of luck catching the eon siblings.

if this is cheat code, be sure to activate the southern island trigger as well... the eon ticket alone won't do you any good

Dragon Man
December 7th, 2003, 12:01 PM
I'm sure someone's already asked this but what is the Eon Ticket? How do you get the Eon Ticket? What is the Southern Island?

Frostweaver
December 7th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Southern Island:
-a place where your version's "counterpart" eon sibling legendary is located. you can only access it by taking the boat with the eon ticket to this special place

Eon ticket:
-legally given through promotions of various kinds... (which is nearly impossible to get for most of us). You cannot get it within the game.

E. Master
December 8th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Does any body have the GS SP or AR codes for them? (SOUTHERN ISLAND EONTICKET)

Luigi-San
December 13th, 2003, 08:11 PM
im gettin de sha vou of what happened with the last simple questions! i remember someone bein a smart allic and answered the example questions! Me too. It was at the old PC by a member named Celebi4546.

Rift
December 13th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Ya whatever happened to him/her?

well i have an important question! :D is Tate a guy or a girl? :P im bein serious i can't figur it out! Tate can go either way it sounds like to me! :confused:

DarknessEvolve
December 14th, 2003, 01:17 AM
How Do You Know You Get A Effort Ribbon ??

E. Master
December 14th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Yes............................................

Kairi
December 14th, 2003, 08:44 AM
E. Master, that was a pointless post that didnt further the topic. Please avoid doing it.

You know when you talk to the woman in Slateport who looks at your lead Pokmon, and, well, gives you an Effort Ribbon.

E. Master
December 14th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Are there any secrate ribbons? I need to know :dead: :dead: :dead: :knockedou :knockedou

Rift
December 14th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Ya whatever happened to him/her?

well i have an important question! :D is Tate a guy or a girl? :P im bein serious i can't figur it out! Tate can go either way it sounds like to me! :confused:
so is Tate a guy or a girl? im serious! :laugh: i cant figure it out!

Kairi
December 14th, 2003, 05:26 PM
They are girls.

There are some, reserved for Coliseum and other tournaments

DarknessEvolve
December 14th, 2003, 05:33 PM
One more question , how do you know you max out your EV ??

Frostweaver
December 14th, 2003, 08:59 PM
read the above... by getting the effort ribbon, you have maxed out your EV

Lanceiscool
December 16th, 2003, 06:04 AM
Southern Island:
-a place where your version's "counterpart" eon sibling legendary is located. you can only access it by taking the boat with the eon ticket to this special place

Eon ticket:
-legally given through promotions of various kinds... (which is nearly impossible to get for most of us). You cannot get it within the game.

Hee hee... suscribers to Nintendo Power (U.S. Mag) got on for free a few months ago...I don't have an e-reader, so I can't try it out...

Rift
December 16th, 2003, 09:21 PM
*steals an Eon Ticket and an E-Reader* Now! Latios! be mmmiiinnnneeee!!! *the E-Reader explodes* oops... well i dont have an E-reader and i dont subscribe to Nintendo power...double loss for me... :'(

Dragon Man
December 27th, 2003, 06:49 AM
I'm sure this could be considered a simple question and as I don't feel like wasting time by starting a new thread, I'll just ask my question here. Where do you get HM04 Strength in Ru/Sa?

Deranged
December 27th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know if rain makes any real difference to berry growth?

Thank you!
:)

Frostweaver
December 27th, 2003, 11:38 AM
It increases the amount of the berry I believe... or grow faster. But then all that matters is rain > no rain ^_^

If you're lazy, plan the berry in a place where it's always raining, then you don't even need to water at all.

Deranged
December 27th, 2003, 11:50 AM
It increases the amount of the berry I believe... or grow faster. But then all that matters is rain > no rain ^_^

If you're lazy, plan the berry in a place where it's always raining, then you don't even need to water at all.

I've tried that, and not noticed any real difference.

Rt 120 I think always rains. Follow the Route after Fortree City, and take a Cutter. There should be an area you can plant three berries. It ALWAYS Rains there. I know of nowhere else (unless it's unique to each game - I wouldn't be surprised at anything at this point).

Oh well.
:S

Dragon Man
December 27th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Anyway right after I posted this I remembered how to get HM04. (Strength) You just use Rock Smash on the rocks in Rusturf Tunnel and then Wanda's boyfriend gives you HM04 because he's impressed.
About the rain, I planted some berries on Route 120 and they seemed to grow faster than when I planted some berries on Route 116 and it didn't rain in Route 116 and it did on Route 120...I don't know if the rain does make a difference.

Ice demon
December 30th, 2003, 07:12 PM
I've tried that, and not noticed any real difference.

Rt 120 I think always rains. Follow the Route after Fortree City, and take a Cutter. There should be an area you can plant three berries. It ALWAYS Rains there. I know of nowhere else (unless it's unique to each game - I wouldn't be surprised at anything at this point).

Oh well.
:S

well i don't know for sure but i have seen it rain in the tall grass on route 119
in a friends game - could be a glitch

Luigi-San
December 31st, 2003, 10:54 PM
well i don't know for sure but i have seen it rain in the tall grass on route 119
in a friends game - could be a glitch

Not a glitch. At some points in the game, it will rain. It's a new "feature" that Nintendo added.

latios tamer
January 1st, 2004, 06:42 AM
gold raikou is right rain and some other things have been added to the games.

Rift
January 2nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
hopefully in a new game they will add snow! tahtd be awesome! (i doubt FR/LG will have snow though)

Hakudoushi-kun
January 3rd, 2004, 03:01 PM
maybe they'll add rollerblades instead of bikes, maybe even electric scooters. and you might be able to climb trees and stuff for different pkmn

punkie90
January 3rd, 2004, 03:13 PM
If it snows . Snowboards would be cool!

bna_li
January 18th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Hey everyone, I havent been to PC for a long time so dont blame me for dis.... but which thread do you go for FR/LG? Also when are dey comin out??

Frostweaver
January 18th, 2004, 12:28 PM
there is a FR/LG thread created now away from RS

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 18th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Actually it's a forum, and if you go to the main Pokmon Game Boy Games Section you'll see it.

Furikuri Otaku
January 29th, 2004, 07:40 PM
What pokemon knows defence curl and can use ice ball? Because i think the power of ice ball is doubled or something when def. curl is used

Frostweaver
January 29th, 2004, 07:45 PM
*That only applies to rollout... and that's rather irrelevant as the double attack power is still poor... not only that you cannot switch or use another attack, the accuracy is not 100% either... If the opponent just switch to Regice... well have fun wasting turn while Regice buff itself up...*

bna_li
January 29th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Kind of inactive this thread is, isnt it?

Frostweaver
January 29th, 2004, 10:16 PM

*thinks that that is because this is for simple questions and most simple questions are answered for RS*
*there's also the new FR/LG so everyone flocked there...*

bna_li
January 30th, 2004, 09:15 AM
I think youre right. I think youre right about everything.

Furikuri Otaku
January 31st, 2004, 09:45 AM
UM i am positive that ice ball is doubled when def. curl is used, and you can do it. But what i dont know is who can use ice ball, def.curl combo. If you meant not to do it frostweaver, i want to. But if you meant you can't your wrong.

Arcanine
February 2nd, 2004, 10:27 PM
OK one time I was reading that if you max out a Pokemon's speed and attack and then use a Rare Candy on the Pokemon it will be ok and it would be like it I just got it to the next level by battling. Is that true?

bna_li
February 2nd, 2004, 10:34 PM
OK one time I was reading that if you max out a Pokemon's speed and attack and then use a Rare Candy on the Pokemon it will be ok and it would be like it I just got it to the next level by battling. Is that true?

What da heck are you talking about, Arcanine?

Arcanine
February 2nd, 2004, 10:41 PM
What da heck are you talking about, Arcanine?
Well I was reading that if you max out a Pokemon's Defense with 10 Irons then its maxed out. Do the same for speed and all the others. When that is done then it will be ok to give a Rare Candy to a Pokemon (if you give a rare candy to a Pokemon then its stats will be lower then battling other Pokemon).
Thats what im talking about.

bna_li
February 2nd, 2004, 10:45 PM
I dont think that works..... Where did you read it?

Arcanine
February 2nd, 2004, 10:49 PM
I dont think that works..... Where did you read it?
Where? If I remember right, one of Kairi's posts (if it came from Kairi then it is true). But im not sure if that was it or was it about something else.

Kairyu
February 2nd, 2004, 10:55 PM
Hmm I don't know about that but I'll try my best in explaining my theory.

Leveling up your pokemon through battling also yields extra points to the pokemon stats or what some may call "effort points." So giving your pokemon rare candy will in the long run hurt your pokemon stats. Funny thing about this, if you battle relatively weak pokemon (level-wise), doing so will yield even better stats for that pokemon, due to your efforts (it had something to do with the number of pokemon you fight per level.) Only problem is of course time, are you willing to spend time leveling up your pokemon to lvl.100 by fighting lvl.15 growlithes the whole time?

I heard there was a website that explain the whole process/equation of how "leveling up" works. The url escapes me for the moment, hopefully I can find it for you. Anyway, I hope I didn't scramble your brain too much:P.

Frostweaver
February 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Well I was reading that if you max out a Pokemon's Defense with 10 Irons then its maxed out. Do the same for speed and all the others. When that is done then it will be ok to give a Rare Candy to a Pokemon (if you give a rare candy to a Pokemon then its stats will be lower then battling other Pokemon).
Thats what im talking about.*no no no...

1 vitamin = 10 points of Effort values in that category
so 10 irons will mean an easy 100 Effort Values of defense. Now just simply apply the EV formula in...

Rare candy allows you to level up without any physical experience and EV as well. That's what so blessed about it. You can level up to lvl 100 so you're strong enough to beat anything regardless of 0 EV. Then choose your opponents to fight for the correct type of EV. Use rare candy first, not last.

It seems like you just scarred your stat but no. EV has a cap of a maximum of 512 EV in all for every single stats, so battling for unneeded EV (such as a Rhydorn battling Abra for sp.att EV +1) will mean wasting EV. So you must choose your opponents wisely. What Kairyu said was true in GSC but no more due to EV Cap. In RS, candy up to lvl 100, feed it vitamins in areas where you want to focus on, and then battle choiced Pokemon to finish your EV training. Once you get the Effort Ribbon meaning maxed out EV points, put it in your Pokemon box and do the old box trick to see your Pokemin improve in stats by approx 60 stats if you max out EV all in one area (one category of stats accepts a maximum of just 256 EV points though) *

*for the last time, RARE CANDY DO NOT SUCK*

Furikuri Otaku
February 3rd, 2004, 10:08 AM
You neglected to read my question, what kind of place is this?

Arcanine
February 3rd, 2004, 02:10 PM
*no no no...

1 vitamin = 10 points of Effort values in that category
so 10 irons will mean an easy 100 Effort Values of defense. Now just simply apply the EV formula in...

Rare candy allows you to level up without any physical experience and EV as well. That's what so blessed about it. You can level up to lvl 100 so you're strong enough to beat anything regardless of 0 EV. Then choose your opponents to fight for the correct type of EV. Use rare candy first, not last.

It seems like you just scarred your stat but no. EV has a cap of a maximum of 512 EV in all for every single stats, so battling for unneeded EV (such as a Rhydorn battling Abra for sp.att EV +1) will mean wasting EV. So you must choose your opponents wisely. What Kairyu said was true in GSC but no more due to EV Cap. In RS, candy up to lvl 100, feed it vitamins in areas where you want to focus on, and then battle choiced Pokemon to finish your EV training. Once you get the Effort Ribbon meaning maxed out EV points, put it in your Pokemon box and do the old box trick to see your Pokemin improve in stats by approx 60 stats if you max out EV all in one area (one category of stats accepts a maximum of just 256 EV points though) *

*for the last time, RARE CANDY DO NOT SUCK**Head starts to hurt*, never mind I will just go back to training the Pokemon by battling and not use any Rare Candy.

You neglected to read my question, what kind of place is this? What do you mean by "what kind of place is this"? You mean the forum?

Kairi
February 3rd, 2004, 02:14 PM
An easier way to get it might be calling it what it used to be called- stat experience. Each of your stats get EXP points too, different stats get points from different Pokmon. Like 2 speed points from each Linoone. Think about your starter, you know how much level up EXP it has, but do you remember EVERYTHING it battled to get there? If not, you dont know what stats got EXP. The only way to really the stat exp you want is to use Rare Candy to get it to level 100 so it can defeat things easily. Then, fight only the Pokmon that give you stat exp that matches the stat you want to grow. If you want speed for your Raichu, level it to 100 with candied then battle Linoone.

Why not max all the stats? Like frosty said, you used to be able to do that in RBYGSC. Now though, you can only get 510 stat exp total between the five stats, and yet for a stat to be max it takes 252.

Does that help? I tried to rephrase it. ^_^;

Kairyu
February 3rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
You neglected to read my question, what kind of place is this?

If you're talking about the iceball/defense curl question,hmm well that is a toughie.
No one can answer it because no one knows the answer! Though, I can speculate on that question. If anything, the only pokemon that could possibly know both techniques is... Seel.. I think.

Frostweaver
February 3rd, 2004, 03:17 PM
*not a single Pokemon in this world knows defense curl AND ice ball... Unless Poliwag through FR/LG can learn Defense Curl as it was an old GSC tm... plus why ice ball... It's Regice/Snorlax bait.*

Arcanine
February 3rd, 2004, 03:20 PM
An easier way to get it might be calling it what it used to be called- stat experience. Each of your stats get EXP points too, different stats get points from different Pokmon. Like 2 speed points from each Linoone. Think about your starter, you know how much level up EXP it has, but do you remember EVERYTHING it battled to get there? If not, you dont know what stats got EXP. The only way to really the stat exp you want is to use Rare Candy to get it to level 100 so it can defeat things easily. Then, fight only the Pokmon that give you stat exp that matches the stat you want to grow. If you want speed for your Raichu, level it to 100 with candied then battle Linoone.

Why not max all the stats? Like frosty said, you used to be able to do that in RBYGSC. Now though, you can only get 510 stat exp total between the five stats, and yet for a stat to be max it takes 252.

Does that help? I tried to rephrase it. ^_^;
No it dont help, I will just go back to training Pokemon. Thanks any way for your help Frosty and Kairi.

Frostweaver
February 3rd, 2004, 03:37 PM
*err... ok... MUST get this right...

Everytime you battle one Pokemon, it gives you normal experience (the blue bar), and a hidden experience called EV or stats experience. Each category of status (HP, Atk, Def, Spd, SpA, SpD) has its own category of EV. Each category can have a maximum total of 252 stats experience. And every Pokemon can earn up to a maximum of 510 stats experience all together (meaning that you cannot max out every single stats possible... as that will require 1512 EV). Each 4 points of EV sum up to 1 bonus point in stats.

Every Pokemon regardless of level gives you a certain amount of stats experience. Linoone gives you +2 Speed EV, Spinda gives you +1 Sp.Attack and so on... every Pokemon of that type regardless of lvl will give you that much EV. (a lvl 14 Spinda and a lvl 78 Spinda both give you +1 Sp.Attack EV, but completely different amount of normal experience). And since there's only such a limited supply of EV, you must choose your opponents carefully not to waste any EV on unnecessary stats (such as Torkoal battling a Zigzagoon for a useless Speed + 1 EV, and Torkoal doesn't need speed.)

So you must choose your opponent carefully... say you just egg breed a Rock Sliding Torchic at lvl 5. You want maximum speed and attack power so you only want to battle Pokemon that gives you speed and attack EV. However, the best place for Speed EV is in Seafloor Cavern, with lvl 30+ Zubats. Torchic is way too weak though... so use rare candy to gain a normal level without battling (therefore not earning any unneeded EV as well) at all, until lvl 100 where you got all of your ideal moves and you can wipe out anything in one hit. Then start "EV training" battlign only Pokemon that gives you the right amount of EV. When you get the Effort Ribbon, that means your EV is maxed out, and your training is complete*

*hope taht makes sense?*

Furikuri Otaku
February 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Ok i guess you guys answerd my question.
I've got one more, does any pokemon know the ability sand stream?
It says in my guide that it summons a sand storm but i couldnt locate it.
Thanks.

Frostweaver
February 3rd, 2004, 08:40 PM
*that ability belongs to Tyranitar... it gets rid of Shedinja before the battle can even begin ^_^; (unless Shedinja and Tyranitar is leading off of an battle that is)*

Arcanine
February 3rd, 2004, 08:45 PM
*err... ok... MUST get this right...

Everytime you battle one Pokemon, it gives you normal experience (the blue bar), and a hidden experience called EV or stats experience. Each category of status (HP, Atk, Def, Spd, SpA, SpD) has its own category of EV. Each category can have a maximum total of 252 stats experience. And every Pokemon can earn up to a maximum of 510 stats experience all together (meaning that you cannot max out every single stats possible... as that will require 1512 EV). Each 4 points of EV sum up to 1 bonus point in stats.

Every Pokemon regardless of level gives you a certain amount of stats experience. Linoone gives you +2 Speed EV, Spinda gives you +1 Sp.Attack and so on... every Pokemon of that type regardless of lvl will give you that much EV. (a lvl 14 Spinda and a lvl 78 Spinda both give you +1 Sp.Attack EV, but completely different amount of normal experience). And since there's only such a limited supply of EV, you must choose your opponents carefully not to waste any EV on unnecessary stats (such as Torkoal battling a Zigzagoon for a useless Speed + 1 EV, and Torkoal doesn't need speed.)

So you must choose your opponent carefully... say you just egg breed a Rock Sliding Torchic at lvl 5. You want maximum speed and attack power so you only want to battle Pokemon that gives you speed and attack EV. However, the best place for Speed EV is in Seafloor Cavern, with lvl 30+ Zubats. Torchic is way too weak though... so use rare candy to gain a normal level without battling (therefore not earning any unneeded EV as well) at all, until lvl 100 where you got all of your ideal moves and you can wipe out anything in one hit. Then start "EV training" battlign only Pokemon that gives you the right amount of EV. When you get the Effort Ribbon, that means your EV is maxed out, and your training is complete*

*hope taht makes sense?*
No it dont make sense.
Please no one try to help me on this, you will put in all that time typing all that and I will just end up back where I started.

bna_li
February 3rd, 2004, 08:52 PM
What does Mudkip need? What should he battle? Is there a site on this?

Frostweaver
February 3rd, 2004, 08:54 PM
*whatever stats Mudkip needs is up to you...

www.pokefor.tk (http://www.pokefor.tk) has a list of what EV each Pokemon gives you though. Remember even trainer's pokemon gives EV so be careful*

bna_li
February 3rd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Which stats are Mudkips lowest then?
[EDIT] The link doesnt work. This is China. Is there another link?

Rifted
February 3rd, 2004, 09:33 PM
Here is the base link that the redirection leads to:
http://pokefor.greenchu.de/meowth346/

It's got basically everything you need to know. Have fun. =D

bna_li
February 3rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
Thanks alot, man. The link works.

Spyke
February 11th, 2004, 08:52 PM
were do u get flash in ruby?

Dragon Man
February 13th, 2004, 10:14 AM
You get Flash from the Hiker in Granite Cave.

Arcanine
February 16th, 2004, 08:07 PM
OK here is another question *Hopes this one dont end up like the last one* XD
Ok can you use Theif on a Bagon or Horsea and get a Dragon Scale from it?

Frostweaver
February 16th, 2004, 08:09 PM
*rarely, yes*

<25 word filter>

Arcanine
February 17th, 2004, 10:22 AM
*rarely, yes*

<25 word filter>
OK then I wont give up hope on finding one. XD
Thanks frosty.

charizard_ma
February 18th, 2004, 03:58 AM
somebody may have anwers this but i need to know
WHAT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO CATCH THAT DARN FEEBES!!!!!!!!!!!
i apreciate if you can awswer this without sending me to look for it

Phoenix Boy
February 18th, 2004, 04:38 AM
I read in a book that its the hardest pokemon to find in the game so it wont be easy!
It also says that your best bet would be too use a super rod to find them.
Book quote:

The hardest pokemon to catch
If you fish along the river running through route 119 you may hook the most elusive pokemon in the game: Febas! This pokemon appears irregulary and in few spots along the river. Use the super rod to catch febas

Hope this helps

Dugtrio_Mad
February 18th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Um... exuse me but where do you find paintings for that art gallery place, and also what is that guy on about when he sings about his sister eating sweets voracious and drooling? I know these are probobly the basics of the game but... I'm stupid.

EDIT:Also I heard that Feebas only appears on 6 squares and whenever you change the popular phrase on that island, the squares move randomly. I also heard an old rod was better to use, I can't remember why though, I think it was somthing to do with encounters...

dragon
February 18th, 2004, 05:23 PM
what level does blaziken learn flamethrower?????
i think it is level 28

Dugtrio_Mad
February 18th, 2004, 05:46 PM
i think it is level 28

Blaziken does not learn flamethrower, torchic does, but not blaziken.

Hakudoushi-kun
February 19th, 2004, 06:26 PM
i tried teaching torchic to FLY. silly me XP

Furikuri Otaku
February 19th, 2004, 06:57 PM
I ask stuff like this alot, and if there is a better place plz inform me. Ok the question is how do i add the big pictures such as images' picture of a white haired boy, thks

Kenta-kun
February 21st, 2004, 02:48 PM
What are Brendan & Wally's Japanese names?

bna_li
February 22nd, 2004, 12:34 PM
Erm... not supposed to be here.. but exception is here. Go to control panel, sig, http://www.example.com/(where the pic is). Kenta-kun, this is not supposed to b here either, and I cant help you.

Scyther5
February 22nd, 2004, 07:58 PM
Um... exuse me but where do you find paintings for that art gallery place, and also what is that guy on about when he sings about his sister eating sweets voracious and drooling? I know these are probobly the basics of the game but... I'm stupid.

EDIT:Also I heard that Feebas only appears on 6 squares and whenever you change the popular phrase on that island, the squares move randomly. I also heard an old rod was better to use, I can't remember why though, I think it was somthing to do with encounters...

I think you get the paintings from the Master Rank Pokemon contests(cool,cute ect.) :classic:

demonstrife
February 23rd, 2004, 06:42 AM
How do you get an azurill? when i breed my marrills, ijust get another marril, and when i breed my azumarrils, all i ge is a marril. marril and azumaril won't even breed!

vinni95
February 23rd, 2004, 07:33 AM
mawile is found in two places sky pillar and that one cave in dewford city

vinni95
February 23rd, 2004, 07:37 AM
azurill you can catch in fallarbor in that water some times o.k. demonstrife

vinni95
February 23rd, 2004, 07:41 AM
and you can breed them with azurill female and azurill male o.k.

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 23rd, 2004, 12:50 PM
vinni95, Please don't triple post. edit and place all your posts into one.

By the way, to breed Marril to get Azurill, give one of them the Sea Incense (Mt. Pyre Tower, jumping from the highest floor).

ProfPapayaTree
March 1st, 2004, 08:52 PM
When does a Blaziken learn Sky uppercut?

dqle
March 2nd, 2004, 06:46 AM
I believe Blaziken learns it at lvl 58.

I've heard that Feebas only randomizes it's location when you change the 'What's hip and trendy' phrase on Dewford Island. It worked for me. I had to use my super rod tile by tile about 5 times each. It may take a while, but once you find Feebas, remember that tile location and catch as many as you'd like. I tried a week later and Feebas were still there.

I've got a question.

What's the point of Scorched Slab on Route 120??? I've played 183 hours worth.

Chairman Kaga
March 19th, 2004, 02:43 PM
When you encounter a shining pokemon, does it make the sparkly noise as it sparkles like it did in G/S/C? I've yet to encounter one and I play with my eyes closed sometimes, just listening for the sparkle noise. I wasn't sure if it makes the sound or not in R/S and I really don't want to pass up a shining pokemon just because I wasn't looking at the screen.

Hakudoushi-kun
March 19th, 2004, 05:22 PM
yeah, there is a sparkling noise. i found a shiny makuhita once, but i wasn't paying attention much, so i ran away ^^;

Imakuni?
March 19th, 2004, 06:44 PM
can someone show me a pic of the scorched slab?

Chairman Kaga
March 20th, 2004, 10:13 AM
http://www.team-overclock.net/upload/files/scorchedslab.jpg

I hope this is to your liking. There's extra rock off to each side, but it looks the same as everything else so I didn't include it.

Ytnim
March 20th, 2004, 11:16 PM
What does a twisted spoon do? I found one on my abra and I dunno what it does (on fire red)

Xilion_Sword90
March 21st, 2004, 05:11 AM
Twisted spoon boosts psychic-type attacks

Ytnim
March 21st, 2004, 09:50 PM
thx alot *stupid 25 character rule*

memyselfandi
March 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
My Latias cannot use secret power in contests because it has bad condition. How do I rectify bad condition? I used berries and protein, carbos, etc... but it still has bad condition. In Gold, you could get a haircut. what do I do?

coco
March 22nd, 2004, 02:48 PM
have you tried pokeblocks? if so, i don't know what's wrong.

if you haven't, here's what you do:

1. get a pokeblock case from the little girl in the Slateport contest hall.
2. in any contest hall (Verdanturf, Fallarbor, Slateport, and Lilycove), on the far right, there is an old man usually with other people.
3. click on the white machine to start the Berry Blender.
4. the screen will ask you to pick a berry from your bag. pick one and the machine will start.
5. you'll see a small box with your name on it. each time the arrow passes it, press A.
6. when it's finished, the screen will tell you the color, level, and feel of the pokeblock that was made.

you can access your pokeblocks by clicking on the pokeblock case in the Key Items pocket.

now, about your Latias, it depends on which contest you're entering that affects which color pokeblock to feed it. if you're entering a:

tough contest: Brown, Indigo, Liteblue, Purple, and Yellow
cool contest: Gold, Gray, Purple, and Red
smart contest: Gray, Green, and Liteblue
beauty contest: Blue and Indigo
cute contest: Brown, Gold, Gray, Olive, and Pink

hope that helped, and good luck!

Xilion_Sword90
March 22nd, 2004, 04:32 PM
When does that stupid Salamence learn his Dragon Claw attack????????

Hakudoushi-kun
March 22nd, 2004, 05:45 PM
My Latias cannot use secret power in contests because it has bad condition. How do I rectify bad condition? I used berries and protein, carbos, etc... but it still has bad condition. In Gold, you could get a haircut. what do I do?

did you feed your latias too many blocks she doesn't like?

shining_light
March 23rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
where do u get staryu? i know it's in lilycove, but where in there is it?

Chaos Emperor Dragon
March 23rd, 2004, 06:07 PM
Does anyone know if the Gym Leaders show up for a rematch because they are in the Trainer's Eyes...

bna_li
March 24th, 2004, 04:24 AM
No, even though they're in, you dont fight them again.

shining_light
March 25th, 2004, 06:18 AM
will someone please answer my question???

Chairman Kaga
March 25th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Staryu can be found directly to the right of lilycove by fishing with the super rod.

shining_light
March 31st, 2004, 02:05 PM
thank u!!!! finally!!!!! i'm happy now!!!!

MidnightScott
April 2nd, 2004, 11:18 PM
Since this thread is kinda inactive. Send all your questions on Pokemon R/S to me via email. I usually repond within 20 mintues of reciving it if im not somewhere else.(Ex.School, Store, Mall, Sleeping, etc..)

[email protected]

There you go, email me the questions & ill help you immediately!

Steeleon
April 5th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Does anyone have any tips in catching Rayquaza? I am heavinga ehck of a time trying to catch him and its driving me mad! Please someone help me. If soemone could help me I would reatly appreciate it. Thanx.

DarkCharizardOfTheNight
April 5th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Does anyone have any tips in catching Rayquaza? I am heavinga ehck of a time trying to catch him and its driving me mad! Please someone help me. If soemone could help me I would reatly appreciate it. Thanx.

hmm yea i heard something about using a shedinga [sp?] because almost none of Rayquaza's attacks will hit it unless its FLY so here's what u do:
Have Shedinga with at least PROTECT and FALSE SWIPE and attack Rayquaza until its down to 1 hp.... uhm... use another pokemon to sleep it/paralyze it and then switch back to Shedinga and throw ultra balls at it... if it FLYs up then use PROTECT next move. DO NOT THROW A BALL AT IT! Good luck :D

Steeleon
April 6th, 2004, 04:24 AM
When does Shedninja learn Protect and false swipe cause I have one.

IceKitten
April 6th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Only Nincada can learn False Swipe, at level 25, so catch a Nincada again, do the Shedinja thing when it's level 25, (Everstone might help) and Shedinja can't learn Protect, teach it Protect by the TM 17.

EDIT to Xilion Sword90: Bagon learns it at 49, Shelgon learns it at 69 and Salamence learns it at 79, if u can't be bothered waiting that long, teach it using TM 02.

Hakudoushi-kun
April 7th, 2004, 03:31 PM

if you have kyogre, train kyogre to lvl 52-56, then just have kyogre use ice beam on rayq once, and the HP will probably drop to 1-3

Steeleon
April 7th, 2004, 05:14 PM
No I dun ahve Kyogre. I only got Ruby.

bna_li
April 7th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Heh, I used a dive ball 3 times on different carts, and it was successful at once!

Lucifer
April 9th, 2004, 08:11 AM
No I dun ahve Kyogre. I only got Ruby.

In that case, just teach the Ice Beam TM to one of your party members.

Rayquaza Master
April 11th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Does swampert learn hydro pump at level 65?

Hikaru's Twin
April 11th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Does swampert learn hydro pump at level 65?

Swampert never learns Hydro pump. Though Mudkip learns it at level 42, so you're best not letting your Mudkip evolve straight away at level 16, if you want that move.

pokefreaky
April 12th, 2004, 01:14 AM
help me, i don't know how to get to the 4th gymleader: i cant get through the gym
i already tried it a 100 times!

pokefreaky
April 12th, 2004, 01:17 AM
:disappoin help me, how do i get through the 4th gym? :disappoin

:'( i tried it for weeks and i still cant do it :'(

:sleeping: -x- me :sleeping:

bna_li
April 12th, 2004, 01:19 AM
If I'm right, the fourth is the fire one. Now, if you really have problems, choose Mudkip. If not, catch a magikarp and rare candy it... And dont double post.

Conscience
April 12th, 2004, 03:37 AM
If you are talking about the teleporters/pool of water(s?) the combonation to get to flannery is left, left, top left, up, middle left, up, top right, right, bottom left, down. She then fights with two slugmas ( both 26 ) and a torkoal (28 or 29 if i remember right) . She uses overheat alot so be carefull.
Hope this helps.

pokefreaky
April 12th, 2004, 10:07 PM
If I'm right, the fourth is the fire one. Now, if you really have problems, choose Mudkip. If not, catch a magikarp and rare candy it... And dont double post.

yeah you're right, its the fire gym. and thanks for your help but i mean how to get to the gymleader, there's mist in the gym, and i dont see where i walk

Frostweaver
April 12th, 2004, 10:27 PM
yeah you're right, its the fire gym. and thanks for your help but i mean how to get to the gymleader, there's mist in the gym, and i dont see where i walk
very sure you're playing with a ROM then. To fix this problem, you simply fiddle around with the emulator options. It's not the gym that's "difficult," but this is a technical problem.

Conscience
April 13th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Yup , if the myst blocks the way it is a fake game , or just a badly hacked rom one , since my rom game works fine.

Miles Lombardi
April 14th, 2004, 12:06 PM
I have questions: (mainly about shiny pokemon)
1) If you do the shedinja thing with a shiny nincada will shedinja be shiny?
2) What are the odds of finding a wild shiny
3) If you've tried this how long did you take to find a shiny kyogre.

(Oh yeh and if anyone wants to know the easiest way to catch kyogre use a shedinja with false swipe as kyogre can't hit him.)

P.S. Before I restarted my game (in order to write a walkthrough) I managed to catch Rayquaza after only 2 ultra balls. 2! Oh yeah and also I didn't know about the masterball the first time round so i didn't collect it lol.

P.S.S Do you think anyone would mind if I nicked some of the questions from this topic for an FAQ section?

Frostweaver
April 14th, 2004, 02:28 PM
1) hmm... on theory it should be shiny as well. The secret "shiny number" (it's used to be determined by IV but not anymore) stays the same when a Pokemon evolves (that's why when say a shiny trapinch evolves, you have a shiny vibrava). The same goes for Pokemon using stones too so I suppose this case it will be the same as well.

2) forgot exaclty number... sorry... but less than 0.1%

3) The chance for seeing all shiny version of a Pokemon is the same... a test is done with Metang before. We can compare the Metang test with Kyogre. You can simply save your game in front of them, reset and try again if it isn't shiny (and so on). Since they're both "capturable" in the same manner, Kyogre should also take another 80 HOURS to make it shiny. You can have a lot of better things to do...

As for picking up questions from here on to a FAQ, it'll depend on your FAQ. If it's a FAQ for our instituition, I don't think it'll matter much as you can just pick it out as long as you say "some of the questions are from this thread." However if it's your own faq submitted elsewhere... you have to state source (www.pokecommunity.com (http://www.pokecommunity.com)), who asked the questions and who answered it, AND also if both the question asker and answer-er allows you to take it too. Technically that's the way how it should be done, but of course we're all lazy creatures and never do anything legal.... o.o;

Rayquaza Master
April 15th, 2004, 02:19 PM
does anyone know what level shelgon evolves at?

Hikaru's Twin
April 15th, 2004, 02:30 PM
does anyone know what level shelgon evolves at?

Shelgon evolves at Level 50.

HowlingWolves
April 21st, 2004, 11:27 AM
1.On Sapphire do you get Latios or Latias, I forget?
2.what level is that latios or Latias on Sapphire?
3.and how long does it take to find which ever one :( I getting sick of waiting :(
4.Oh yeah, and is the Latios/Latias like Suicune, Raikou, and Entei, it reappears over and over until you faint it or catch it, or is a one appear one chance pokemon?
5.And what elements are Latios and Latias?
6. Where do you get a shelgon? does it evolve from another pokemon? if so what? and does Shelgon evolve into salamence?

Deoxys55
April 21st, 2004, 12:56 PM
1.On Sapphire do you get Latios or Latias, I forget?
2.what level is that latios or Latias on Sapphire?
3.and how long does it take to find which ever one :( I getting sick of waiting :(
4.Oh yeah, and is the Latios/Latias like Suicune, Raikou, and Entei, it reappears over and over until you faint it or catch it, or is a one appear one chance pokemon?
5.And what elements are Latios and Latias?
6. Where do you get a shelgon? does it evolve from another pokemon? if so what? and does Shelgon evolve into salamence?
On sapphire it's Latias if you don't use the e-reader
They are on level 40
It takes a while but the first time you see it don't kill it and then after it runs you can see wherer she is in your pokdex
It reappears over and over until you catch it or kill it
They are phycic(sp?)/Dragon pokmon it's type is Eon
Shelgon evolves from Bagon which is in the long room with the long water thing
And yes, shelgon evolves into Salmerence.

coco
April 21st, 2004, 02:44 PM
is the move Metronome in Ruby/Sapphire?

Kairi
April 21st, 2004, 03:01 PM
Yes it is, quite a number of Pokmon learn it. Even more can when you trade over from Fire Red/Leaf Green or Colosseum.

HowlingWolves
April 21st, 2004, 05:04 PM
what's Eon type? i though eon was the eevee evolutions!? and where's the long room with the long water thing? is bagon like a ordinary pokemon, or is it rare, or is it one chance pokemon? Lots of questions :D

Simon
April 21st, 2004, 05:14 PM
It's like in the very back of Meteor Cave. It's the room where you find the TM Dragon Claw. Run around in the very back row and you'll get Bagons. You need surf and waterfall to get there. Does take long really...if you know where to jump around.

From the start of the cave, go to the right to the water, surf across, up the waterfall, surf a bit more and go into the open hole in the wall. Then go up to the left and in the stairs. Run up to another set of stairs and go up. You should see an old couple. Go past them so that you'll be at the top of the ledges you jump down. Jump down and keep sticking to the right to get to a stair. Climb it, if I remember..you should see a waterway below you. Surf it across and go into the door you pass by. Then just surf up ancd you should see the the TM if you haven't already gotten it. grab it if you want then walk around the back wall and u'll get bagons.

EDIT: Oh and as for the rareity, I don't know. But I'd say uncommon if you have to go through all that to get to it. But I managed to see one on my first battle in the room.

Hakudoushi-kun
April 21st, 2004, 05:34 PM
(good chance, but not 100%)this tip works for catching any uncommon pkmn: search for 10 minutes or so. if you can't find that certain pkmn in the specified location, go do something else for awhile(a little battling maybe), then come back and repeat the steps again. if you still can't find the pkmn, try again some other time.

HowlingWolves
April 21st, 2004, 05:35 PM
Thanks alot! Salamence better be strong for all that training to get him! Oh, what level does bagon evolve at?

Frostweaver
April 21st, 2004, 05:36 PM
I believe the exact percentage is (around) 10% in that little room where Dragon Claw is? Bagon is quite common there actually... If Bagon is a pain for you, lol... have fun with Chimecho? ;p 1% chance for Chimecho on Mt.Pyre.

HowlingWolves
April 21st, 2004, 05:38 PM
I already got chimecho! :laughing: