• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steel & Water Deck help please!

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I have two decks, i'm not sure which to use for the Battle road thing i'm going to this weekend. I'm still sort of new to pokemon, so any advice you could give, that would help me out tons!
    If you can think of other trainers or pokemon that would be better, please suggest changes for me.
    Thanks! :D

My first deck i made at the prerelease of D/P:
    Steelix/Goldeen/Magnezone, all from DP

Onix x 2
    Steelix x 2
    Goldeen x 2
    Seeking x 2
    Magnemite x 3
    Magneton x 2
    Magnezone x2

Mary's Request x2
    Castaway x 4
    Master ball x4
    Cursed Stone x2
    Curse powder x 2
    Cello's Network x 4
    Rare Candy x2
    Mr Stone's Project x2
    Copycat x1
    Strength Charm x1
    Steven's Advice x1
    Holon Lass x1
    Pokemon Fan Clubx1
    Holon Farmerx1
    Water Energy x 4
    Steel Energy x 13

.. i was thinking about replacing some with Great balls and maybe some double rainbow energies? let me know what you think please.
    -------------------------------------------------

My second deck, a friend made for me.. I practiced battling with another friend, and i don't win as easily as i had hoped...
    Any suggestions on trainers/pokemon for this deck?

Crawdaunt ex x4
    Corphish x4
    Vaporeon ex x3
    Umbreon ex x1
    Eevee x4
    Great Ball x4
    PETM x4
    Giant Stump x4
    Scott x1
    Mary's Request x4
    Windstorm x2
    Warp Point x2
    ER2 x4
    Pokemon Reversal x4
    Water energy x11
    Multi x4

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

Hyper Lugia

Psychic Nature
    Years
  • First off, I would prefer your deck over your friends be cause of the larger variety of trainers. and don't think that because it has a pokemon ex in it makes it any better. Crawdaunt ex sucks in my opinion. First thing that I would suggest is that you add a few potions to your deck. I only have onix, magnimite, and magniton but none of those pokemon look like they have attacks that heal to me. and no you will not want a discard pile of pokemon that you didn't heal. Otherwise I would add a few stadium cards(is okemon fan club one?) and your deck doesn't look that much worse. Oh, and great balls are always good to have. And only ad 2 total rainbow energys if you want them(Thank god for dark and metal basic energys:))overall I would give it a 6.5 out of ten. I would be able to rate it higher if I knew what kind of stratagy you were going for...

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back