• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Why not change the Other trivia forum to Other Games forum because it could get confusing for new members.

Years
  • Which would just potentially create even more confusion, seeing as we already have an "Other Games" forum elsewhere.

There's already a description for the Other Trivia forum both in that forum itself and in the FTiP forum. If anyone is confused about what the forum's supposed to be about, they can just look at that description, since being new shouldn't stop people from being able to read.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Or move Fun Time in Pokéland to Alternative Pokémon Discussion since it's not necessarily "offtopic."
    Whyyyyyy?!
    Geez, just let well enough alone. Everything is fine where it's at. If something is moved that means everyone has to relearn where it is. That's a pain in the posterior if you ask me.
    I dont think there's any reason to go shuffling the forums around like a deck of playing cards. They are perfectly fine where they are in my opinion.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • A pain? Sounds like laziness to me. And in my opinion, it bothers me to see where it currently is. It makes mores sense to be placed in Alternative Pokémon Discussions.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Or move Fun Time in Pokéland to Alternative Pokémon Discussion since it's not necessarily "offtopic."

If that got moved, MCG would have to also, considering it's more on-topic Pokemon than just games associated to Pokemon.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I don't see how that's a problem if that's what your implying. So why not?

Then moving each section would be confusing because there would already be a OT and clubs section. Which would make having OT and the other clubs seem pointless to just not be with the Pokemon ones.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • We already have a whole category full of just Pokémon Games and an Other Games forum; they're both seperate and that's not confusing or merely pointless. It makes as much sense to split Other Triva and FTiP.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Then moving each section would be confusing because there would already be a OT and clubs section. Which would make having OT and the other clubs seem pointless to just not be with the Pokemon ones.
    That's what I was trying to say, If you move one you gotta move all the ones that are related to them too!
    Hence, their current location is perfectly topical to the area that they reside in. Even if there is some pokemon stuff in it.
    We already have a whole category full of just Pokémon Games and an Other Games forum; they're both seperate and that's not confusing or merely pointless. It makes as much sense to split Other Triva and FTiP.
    Why?! That would mean needing more mods. OR giving another mod more work. Yeah, you could tinker with the mods and all so their stations still dont change but the current arrangement is Perfectly Logical

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • wtf, it's just splitting a couple forums. Call me ignorant, but I don't see how this would affect the current moderation if it they were separated. The Webmasters Discussion used to be in the Offical Forums. Now look at where it is. It's four categories away from where it used to be and I've never seen anyone complain.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Or move Fun Time in Pokéland to Alternative Pokémon Discussion since it's not necessarily "offtopic."
    FTiP is considered offtopic since it doesn't necessarily pertain to any relevant Pokémon discussion - or any discussion at all.

Leaving it as it is in a section that encompasses all offtopic discussion would be best, rather than mixing it up all over the place.

Morever, FTiP would completely drown out any sort of actual discussion taking place in the Alternative Pokémon section, thus decreasing it's usefulness.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I agree.
    wtf, it's just splitting a couple forums. Call me ignorant, but I don't see how this would affect the current moderation if it they were separated. The Webmasters Discussion used to be in the Offical Forums. Now look at where it is. It's four categories away from where it used to be and I've never seen anyone complain.
    Well, Obviously the admins had a good reason to put it there.
    Just because some noobs are confused. That isnt a good enough reason in my opinion. Let them learn. They'll figure it out. I dont think they are stupid.
    Besides, they'll still have a hard enough time finding it even if it is moved. It wont solve the problem any.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • You could change the name of the "other games" forum to the "other video games" forum. That would make things a bit more obvious.
    *bangs head on desk*
    I think that it's obvious enough the way it is.
    Seriously, there isnt a reason to change anything. Let the noobs learn.
    Geez, If you change things now then all the noobs that have figured out where everything is will have to readjust to things. Besides, Everything is perfectly fine where it is.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • FTiP is considered offtopic since it doesn't necessarily pertain to any relevant Pokémon discussion - or any discussion at all.

Leaving it as it is in a section that encompasses all offtopic discussion would be best, rather than mixing it up all over the place.

Morever, FTiP would completely drown out any sort of actual discussion taking place in the Alternative Pokémon section, thus decreasing it's usefulness.

Keyword: necessarily. It's still categorised as a discussion.

Poketrainer2004 said:
    Well, Obviously the admins had a good reason to put it there.
    Just because some noobs are confused. That isnt a good enough reason in my opinion. Let them learn. They'll figure it out. I dont think they are stupid.
    Besides, they'll still have a hard enough time finding it even if it is moved. It wont solve the problem any.

I'm lost now. I have no idea what you're talking about.

By the way, noob isn't a newcomer.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Keyword: necessarily. It's still categorised as a discussion.

I'm lost now. I have no idea what you're talking about.

By the way, noob isn't a newcomer.
    Noob-From the word Newbie, which comes from the word Newcomer.
    Yeah, I know some people use it in an insulting manner. I dont. I'm just using that word because it means newcomer.
    Read my post again. It clearly says that they moved Webmaster's Discussion to where it's at now for a good reason!
    I was disproving your evidence.
    FTiP is considered offtopic since it doesn't necessarily pertain to any relevant Pokémon discussion - or any discussion at all.

It's offtopic because, like Amachi said, It would weaken the point of FTiP and such.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • I'm not getting into the noob part ...

Anyways,

I don't think it would at all. It's still placed along with Other Chat and like Cowrie said, it shouldn't stop people from reading the description of a forum just because they're new.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • True, but do you really want all of those 'misplaced posts' that would land in Alternate Pokemon Discussion of you made FTiP and Pokemon FCs a subforum of it?
    I know I dont.
    Not many of the newbies bother to read the descriptions anyways >_>
    Nothing is stopping them. But I digress, That's not the point.\
    The point is, It's pointless to split the two. They are related.
    Besides, FTiP isnt discussion. It's forum games and such! Even if they are remotely related to Pokemon the fact they are forum games takes precedence over it's relevance to pokemon in my opinion. There isnt a need to move it because forum games are ALWAYS offtopic as in not required to be related to ANYTHING.
    I know the pokemon ones are separated from the Other forum games but that's because this is a Pokemon forum!!!
    And calling them 'Games' just results in confusion so they call it Other Trivia
    Thus using another meaning of the word trivia which means trivial, as in insignificant,unimportant or unrelated to the topic(s) at hand.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • You're contradicting yourself. If you want the so-called "noobs" to learn, let's change it. And I know FTiP isn't a discussion but it still is being categorised as one. Didn't I say that already? So forum doesn't ever get misplaced posts? None. That's what tolled to the requirement of moderators. From what I know, moderators are volunteers. It was their choice to take up the job when it was offered to them. I also don't want these misplaced posts as well, which I don't believe will occur (Well, I do, but not due to the separation if ever). Also, I never said that I wanted a sub forum of FTiP. Just for it to be moved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back