• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Boring?

raveberuk

a.k.a DoDoMaStEr
Years
  • I am currently playing FR and I feel that its quite boring because it is just repeating the whole original Pokemon Red with better graphics and some new features... :confused:

The Pokemon are the good old pokemon and the starters are good old starters :disappoin

Although you can get to new places and do some new events, you first have to finish elite four and go through the game like in Pokemon Red. :dead:

Do you feel the same or you have other opinion? :surprised

Rave

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • The contribution from FRLG is mostly the move tutors and the legal revival of all the old Pokemon... but again, even though I haven't played FRLG yet, I'm not that bored easily by games so I predict that I won't consider it as "boring" o.o;

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • I find Pokemon in general boring depending on the time of year XD. Usually I'll go about 10 months thinking it sucks, then Nintendo will release a new game to re-ignite my interest. 2 months later, the cycle continues.

But yeah, I can't see myself being bored with FR/LG. Updated classics are always ace.

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • Well, I can understand how it can be alittle boring. But to be honest with you, for the last 4 years, I'v been wanting to play R/B/Y but the graphics drive me nuts. So, when I heard they were making FR/LG, I went NUTS! But I can understand how some people can find it boring.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • i just cant wait till they come out.me getting bored of frlg will be like just stop liking scarymovie3,its impossible.
    im playing on sapphire as i type. *EV training an Electrike*
    once frlg comes out the only thing ill be thinking about is beating elite four with an elite team of my own. :11:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Yeah, so many memories...I'm a sucker when it comes to better graphics in a game aswell...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I think it?s very fun?maybe because I played Red to death as a child, and my foundation is built upon it. Eh. o_o; Plus it?s very polished, I like that.

Jari

Kyogredude
    Years
  • FR/LG was made so you can get 386 Pok?mon in R/S.
    I like it,because i have Red and Yellow,so its good to see it in new (better) graphics.
    Also,there are new trainers,new items etc.
    I've played FR-on the illegal way. It was fun enough to buy LG in the future.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • as in ROM? im playing fr in the illegal way too....... I LOVE ILLEGAL!!!!! XD

foundations on RBGY? now i know where Kairi got her first expertness thingy...... something.....................
    and anyways.... thats why she knows about all the games...... she played them until the hero grew old and died!

Years
  • Yup. To me, it's like playing RBY over again without the sentimentality.
    There's nothing new until you beat the Elite 4...
    Same graphics as RS.
    Same game design as RBY.
    I do still like this game for some reason, but it has no 'Ooh, new Pokemon game!!' feel to it.

PS. I play it on my BGPlayer... how can some people stand playing on a computer!?

Pikachu Fan38

Pikachu Rules
    Years
  • I think it's going to be a fun game for me, because
    I've never played Pokemon Red.So for people starting to like Pokemon it's going to be great.Plus the wireless cable seems pretty sweet to me.

katty

what's^?
    Years
  • i didn't really study red and blue well enough so hopefully this is not going to be so boring ^^; so far so good.

123hi45

Sora is the coolest
    Years
  • Pikachu Fan38 said:
    I think it's going to be a fun game for me, because
    I've never played Pokemon Red.So for people starting to like Pokemon it's going to be great.Plus the wireless cable seems pretty sweet to me.
    You've never played Red!?!? You really missed alot!!

Back