• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading (Linking) on the VBA

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    Is it possible to link 2 VBA windows and trade pokemon? If so could someone explain how? Thanks :)

Years
  • Well, i got one question for you: What games do you want to trade with? Cuz it all mathers, connecting the Wireless Adaptar or not...

Anyway, it's simple.

1) [Optional] Goto Options-> Link and enable the Wireless Adaptar (might be needed for FRLG or Emerald)

2) Goto Options-> Link -> Settings and look at the General tab. You'll see this:

Link timeout (in milliseconds) [2000]

O Single Computer
    O Network

Advanced
    Safer--------------------------------Faster
    Port number [Yourportnumber]
    It would be better if you change the 2000 ms into 5000.

3) After this there are 2 ways of linking: Single Computer and Network. I know how to do both, but since Single Computer doesn't work wel for me anymore...
    Network: Make sure to select network. Then, goto the Server tab and click on Start! .
    After this, boot up the second VBALink. Again, goto Options->Link->Settings but this time goto the Client tab. You'll see a field with localhost in it.
    Change localhost to the Server IP displayed when you clicked on Start! and click on Connect.
    Then it should say: "1 (or more, depends how much ppl you want) player connected. Wait for more?"
    If you only need the second VBA and not more, click No. It will say: Connected. All players Connected.

4) Before you can do the linking, first goto Options->Emulator and uncheck Pause when inactive window. (preferably of both the VBA's)

5) [For the second VBA] Goto Options->Joypad->Configure and select the second slot. Do the key configs as you want, but make sure that they're not the same as the ones of the first VBA.
    After this, goto Options->Joybad->Default Joypad and select the second slot.

6) Just start the games, goto the Pokécenters, and do the linking as you would do it the normal way!

That's it, hope you understand it.

Greetz DS

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    Hmm I understand most of that but, in my options tab I dont have a "Link", I'm using the newest VBA >.<

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
  • What? You're all confusing VBA with VBAlink. You need to download VBAlink from somewhere and then you can link.

Years
  • Jokermannn said:
    Wait, is this to VBA to VBA or VBA to GBA or VBA to DS?

Look at the quote under this...

Dark Empoleon said:
    Is it possible to link 2 VBA windows and trade pokemon? If so could someone explain how? Thanks:)

Is this clear enough?

Search Ngemu for the VBALink download, the last version was 1.8.0 beta0 I think.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2007
    Is it possible to trade vba to ds or gba, I've always wanted to do that but i just don't know how.

Years
  • Me and a friend are going to try this.... We haven't done it before, but maybe there is a chance it will work

Back