• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

bout ash vs the gym leader in diamond pearl

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    when ash fought the gym leader Roark , he lost whilst using pikachu.
    so he goes training and the second match roark is all:
    ur pikachu got alot faster and stronger after ur training.

hows this possible? pikachu is ash's oldest pokemon , lts not like pikachu gets alot stronger after 1 training since hes alrdy like level 80.

i know ash starts with new pokemon and ls 'eaqle' in training them compared to paul even tho ash ls the battle frontier master and orange island winner etc , so their new pokemon are the same level , but

how can ash lose to roark with his strongest pikachu whos like level 80
    lf paul won roarks onix with his flame monkey who he just got
    wich is like level 12 lf hes lucky?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    hes not horrible , he won the battle tower and the orange island who never lost before.
    also he won legendary pokemon.

i just think the writers put ash on his new diamond journy with all new pokemon xept pikachu and sort of made pikachu the same level as the new pokemon ash ls gonna catch.
    wich ls lmpossible since pikachu ls alrdy super strong

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • Good point Ash sucks :_; And they mess up the show so much =/ Thats why pokemon has been called one of the worst cartoons.

Years
  • Ash is a horrible horrible trainer.
    I think that pretty much says it all right there.

Sure, he won in the Orange Islands and the Battle Fronteir, what's your point? I don't get why that somehow makes him unbeatable. :\ He has lost alot more than he's won.

That is pretty pathetic. I mean, he beat Brock (who's pokemon are immune to electric attacks) with Pikachu only a few days after he got it. Now, after all these years, he loses against a first gym leader.

That must prove that being with Ash actually made Pikachu weaker. xD

Years
  • I kinda addressed this on the episode discussion of his rematch with Roark. I don't totally blame him, but more the writers stretching things out, the omission of levels, Dogasu putting forth the concept of that one impossible Pokemon we've all faced.

But, I'll let it go, for the moment, anyway.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    That is pretty pathetic. I mean, he beat Brock (who's pokemon are immune to electric attacks) with Pikachu only a few days after he got it. Now, after all these years, he loses against a first gym leader.

He didn't win the Brock battle at all, the sprinklers came on and Ash forfeited because he thought it would be cheating if he won that way. He got the badge, yeah, but he didn't win the battle.

I don't think Ash is a bad trainer. If just if Ash got stronger and stronger all this time people would complain that he wins all the time. And its been going on for 10 years, the children who watch it today won't know that Ash has been to 3 other regions and won about 50,000 badges. But that's not an excuse at all really...

And about Pikachu, although it should be really strong its not ever going to get so strong that just one Thundershock makes a Groudon blast off. He must have phsyical limits as to how strong he can get because of his species. Its not invincible. But it also shouldn't be so weak that it draws with an Elekid from a new trainer after it only just lost against an Elekible and 1HKOd a Regice.

In conclusion...its the writers who have messed up. Hehe.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Yes it soo true when everyone says its the writers. U KNOW WHY? The old company that made pokemon got bought over by another company and now theyve made the T.V. show a whole pile. Its really pointless to make more pokemon T.V. shows after D.P. <--Thts my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
  • I hear this alot about pokemon losing when they shouldn't. I have made my own conclusion that the pokemon world is like the real world in the show. Levels play very little part and it matters more on the pokemon and skill overall of the trainer and his pokemon. Just like in real life a person may win alot of fights and be undefeated then lose to someone who has never won because of unseen reasons. In pokemon Pikachu is clearly an amazing pikachu but the gyms in pokemon aren't leveled to fit the trainers journey like in the games. Roark's pokemon are atleast in the 40s if you want to go by levels since his Cranidos evolved.

So really Ash wins because he has skill but like all people make mistakes. Same for his pokemon. Anyone can learn something new from someone which they showed in the episode with the prehistoric pokemon and rematch afterwards. You can't compare the games on the show since they really two seperate beings so to speak.

Well thats my two cents on the topic of Ash and the writing of the show.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I hear this alot about pokemon losing when they shouldn't. I have made my own conclusion that the pokemon world is like the real world in the show. Levels play very little part and it matters more on the pokemon and skill overall of the trainer and his pokemon. Just like in real life a person may win alot of fights and be undefeated then lose to someone who has never won because of unseen reasons. In pokemon Pikachu is clearly an amazing pikachu but the gyms in pokemon aren't leveled to fit the trainers journey like in the games. Roark's pokemon are atleast in the 40s if you want to go by levels since his Cranidos evolved.

So really Ash wins because he has skill but like all people make mistakes. Same for his pokemon. Anyone can learn something new from someone which they showed in the episode with the prehistoric pokemon and rematch afterwards. You can't compare the games on the show since they really two seperate beings so to speak.

Well thats my two cents on the topic of Ash and the writing of the show.

I agree 100% here..

And...

Why do you guys say Pikachu is level 80 when you have probably never heard a character say the word "level" before? Don't get the games and shows mixed up. Levels on the game are just a way to keep track of how strong your Pokemon are at the moment.

Also, everyone has their stupid minded days and Ash probably has.. a lot of those? Or, perhaps the gym leader's strategies are better than Ash's. Perhaps something was on his pokemon's mind that day and distracted them from doing their best.

Or maybe the writers are just trying to get you guys to keep watching and hope Ash gets better. =)

Years
  • He didn't win the Brock battle at all, the sprinklers came on and Ash forfeited because he thought it would be cheating if he won that way. He got the badge, yeah, but he didn't win the battle.
    Oh yeah; I totally forgot about that. He did get kinda close to winning, though... maybe. I can't remember that episode. xD All I remember was both of Brock's pokemon fainting.

Why do you guys say Pikachu is level 80 when you have probably never heard a character say the word "level" before? Don't get the games and shows mixed up.
    Um.. I'm fairly certain levels have been mentioned before; sometime in early Kanto, if I remember correctly.

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
  • Oh yeah; I totally forgot about that. He did get kinda close to winning, though... maybe. I can't remember that episode. xD All I remember was both of Brock's pokemon fainting.

Um.. I'm fairly certain levels have been mentioned before; sometime in early Kanto, if I remember correctly.

Can't really follow the dub since they also said Brock's mother was dead.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Three words: 'Bad Plot Continuity'.

It happens whenever he goes to a new Region. Pikachu suddenly decreases in power for no adequately explained reason.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Oh yeah; I totally forgot about that. He did get kinda close to winning, though... maybe. I can't remember that episode. xD All I remember was both of Brock's pokemon fainting.

I'd like to see those mentioned. o_o I don't remember it at all. And, that's early Kanto anyway which was the very first season; you'd think they'd bring it up again.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Turtwigs Razor Leaf would of owned the first gym! I mean grass versus Rock! Grass Wins.

And what the heck was that with Azumarril that Paul used on Geodude. Hydopump would of easily taken out the rock types.

JL3

FIRE AND DRAGON POKEMON TAMER!
    Years
  • Ash is just a pathetic trainer,who cares that he won the orange league championship but all he had to do to gain the title is beat one trainer!And in the battle frontier he sucked so bad he only caught one pokemon,that annoying AIPOM! And if hes such a great trainer how come hes never won a pokemon legue championship! I bet he wont win the sinnoh legue eithe! He'll just make top 8,4,or 2!

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • Aipom is annoying and stupid and sucks. Just like Pikachu.

Seriously I think the writers just go in and toss random ideas out.
    -Alright Pikachu beats a Regice
    -Pikachu draws to an Elekid
    -Pikachu beats an onix that's ground and rock type. Laws of physics won't apply in this episode.
    -Ash loses this battle to this trainer
    -Ash beats this trainer
    -Pikachu thunderbolts TR in every freaking episode after somebody else does all the work
    -filler
    -filler
    -filler
    -filler
    -Ash fights this gym leader. loses. Oh wait, wins because TR blew up something
    -filler
    -filler

Yah that's how the show is. No real plot. just fillers with a gym battle every now in then. Sometimes those are fillers too.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Ash is a horrible horrible trainer.

Disagree, well 80% Agree and 20% Disagree...Anyways
    Roark is a Rock-Type Trainer....
    Roark uses Geodude and and a Onix (I think) Which is Part Ground,
    Meaning that Pikachu can lost to the 2 Rock Pokemon
    and Aipom can lost too since Normal Pokemon aren't good at Rock-Type Pokemon
    so..I think it was all just a Type-Disadvantage

Back