• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Caught Suicune. IVs=lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Caught Suicune. IVs=lol=0!

Ok, I just had to post this somewhere. Ive had FR for ages now, but never got around to catching the dog(suicune in my case). So I trained up a gengar to lvl 49 re-learnd hypnosis and went hunting. I finally found Suicune, tried to use hypnosis, it missed! I thought that was bad, it missed the next 3 times too. It finally got it, when I remembered it could still flee while asleep.:embarrass So I went and trained up Crobat with mean look, and shortening the story a bit, I eventually got it.

Checked the nature/IVs
    To start with its Adamant (Not exactly the best for a Suicune)
    Stats: (stat/IV)(at lvl 50/untouched)
    HP: 161/2
    ATK: 88/0
    DEF: 120/0
    SP.ATK: 85/0
    SP.DEF: 120/0
    SPD: 90/0

Yes, thats 0 in 4 IVs and 2 in the other! Now these were calculated at lvl 50, so some of them might be 1 instead of 0, OMG!

So just might not battle with this one perhaps, lol

EDIT: Before someone says it, I just thought id add that its not hacked

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    All run-away legendaries in R/S/E/FR/LG are rigged. When I caught Raikou in Firered and checked its summary I was like ''omgwtfbbq'' because it had a Modest nature. Turns out its IVs were something along the lines of HP: 17, all other stats 0 - 2. Same thing goes for my Bold Suicune and my Latios and Latias I'm afraid. ._. I nearly created a thread about this to let out my anger, but now that you've made it, I can rant about it here. I seriously hate it how Gamefreak had to make the most pain-in-the-backside legendaries to be obtained have worthless IVs. It's yet another way to milk money out of customers by making them buy Colosseum if they want good IV'd legendary beasts and since I don't have a Gamecube, screw that. >.< My only hope to get a Suicune worth using is Wifi once Diamond comes out here.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    OMG! After I read that, I went and checked my Latias, saw the Modest nature, and started thinking wow that's good, maybe it wont be so bad, IVs 11/5/1/1/1/1 WTF!!!!! Still, its better than the Suicune, lol

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Years
  • OMG! After I read that, I went and checked my Latias, saw the Modest nature, and started thinking wow that's good, maybe it wont be so bad, IVs 11/5/1/1/1/1 WTF!!!!! Still, its better than the Suicune, lol

I was mad too! When I saw my Entei had a modest nature I started training it, and gave it like, 1 vitamin (because the rest wouldn't have any effect), and these are the IVs I got... : 10/3/0/0/1/1

I probably messed up the IV calculation but I can tell I'm not that off judging by how much my Entei sucks. And for a fire type pokémon, what kind of stats are these?

Hp: 382
    Attack: 287
    Defence: 209
    Sp. Attack: 199 (<----- ??????)
    Sp. Def: 232
    Speed: 252

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Lol, Yeah, the low SP.ATK is why Entei isnt used all that much. But I spose with D/P it doesnt matter as much because there are moves like Fire Fang that work off ATK. Although im not sure is Entei can actually learn any of them, maybe there is a move tutor somewhere?

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Years
  • Lol, Yeah, the low SP.ATK is why Entei isnt used all that much. But I spose with D/P it doesnt matter as much because there are moves like Fire Fang that work off ATK. Although im not sure is Entei can actually learn any of them, maybe there is a move tutor somewhere?

My Entei is already level 100 lol, it's not like I need to learn moves that won't change Entei's average battle outcome...

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    lol, good point, wasn't trying to justify Entei's bad stats, just saying that in D/P there is a slight improvement for pokes with similar problems

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    hmm, now that you mention it...

my wild-caught raikou's stats are really weak compared to the Raikou I got at the Nintendo Event last year.

LOL. Maybe Nintendo just wants people to get event Legendary Dogs because their stats pwn wild ones.

Back