• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Generation of Pokemon??

What is your favorite Generation of Pokemon?

• First Generation (R/B/Y)

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Second Generation (G/S/C)

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Thrid Generation (R/S)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Fourth Generation ...as an assumption....

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
  • A lot of my favorites are in first, but there's elements of each generation that I enjoy.

First generation... these are the guys I went to high school with. They are the originals, the founding fathers. Plus I think they had some of the best designs (like Nidoking who looks brilliant in the Sugimori artwork but crappy in the anime). And, duh, my baby Hitmonchan's in it. The worse part about this gen is the way Psychics ruled, they were the hardest type to counter, and it didn't help that the most powerful Pokemon, the mew's, were both Psychic. This generation was pretty anti-Fighting.

Johto I didn't like as much though it was a neat generation because it introduced two new types and the concept of babies. But a lot of the Johto Pokemon had boring designs and too many of them had beady eyes and round, egg-shaped heads which really got on my nerves. But I really liked how Fighting got a boost since they were effective against the two new types. But the game became more anti-Grass because Razor Leaf was bastardized and the special split made most grass types have either average or low special defense, so they were easier to faint. Poor Grass :*(

Advance. MANY people complain that the Pokemon has unoriginal designs, but I think they had the most complex and interesting designs. This generation is very colorful. I love the new Fighting types and great moves like Leaf Blade and Brick Break. But only the Treecko line could get Leaf Blade, so the majority of Grass types were still lacking a bit. But just about all of the new Grass types have really good type combos and are very usable (Breloom, Sceptile, Cradily, Ludicolo...). But i dislike how the EV's made it so only fast Pokemon with a high attack stat can do well. It really screwed a lot of Pokemon up. I like natures though, just not capped ev's.

As for generation 4, I can't say since all we have is Gonbe, a baby form of a Pokemon I don't like anyway. I really hope for a boost for Grass types and the EV system tweaked so slower and/or defensive Pokemon have a chance too. And that darkfighting type I've been waiting for.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    I would choose the first generation since they were some of the coolest and got me more hooked into Pokemon. [Note-- I first had crystal and like it less, then got Yellow and like it more. o.o;] the GSC set sucked. Except for a few. o.o; The third set was all right but I didn't see anything better than the old games except for the contests and the new twists.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • First Generation no question. d=<

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I?d have to say I liked the second generation the best, closely followed by the first. ^_^; These two were the sets that I grew up with and they were around during Pokemon?s peak, so it?s easier for other people to know what I?m talking about when I start going astray into the fandom at school or something. XD;

I?m leaning a little toward individual Pokemon when I?m making my decision (Pichu!), but I still think those were the best Pokemon. I?ve lost a bit of interest in Pokemon after having to wait so long between G/S/C and Ru/Sa? so having all that time to get to know the older sets really changes my view on them. I?m not really looking forward to the next generation that?s coming out because I didn?t like the third all that much and I?m not expecting anything better. The first 2 sets seemed to be the most original (in their respective ways, of course ? I?m just noticing a lot more conflicting designs when comparing and contrasting the Pokemon of the earlier age to the Ru/Sa monsters). Plus, like I said before, I?ve known the first two longer so it?s also a little bit of the fact that they were here first. oO;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Arrgh! Hard to decide. I know that I'm not choosing R/S. It's between R/B/Y and G/S/C for me. R/B/Y is what got me into PkMn and is probably the ones that I played the most and my strongest team was in that "generation". But I have always felt that G/S/C were better and are still the best PkMn games. So I have to choose between R/B/Y for memories or G/S/C for game quality.

R/B/Y...I lost so many sleepless nights that I can't ignore it.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I?m actually good at the RS metagame, so I guess I?ll vote for it. I played in GSC, but I never really got good at it. I feel I actually know what?s going on in RS, maybe cause I got in on it much earlier and I?m a bit older.
    Plus, we got a good steel attack, we got a good bug attack, we got some common sense moves (Nido and Rhydon Megahorn) we got abilities, and we got some new brokeness too. Fun fun! ^-^
    As far as the actual games go, I had the most fun with RB.
    Oh, and guess how I found this topic. >__>

Jess

Banned
    Years
  • I like the 3rd Generation the most. Ruby & Sapphire were the best Games, (Fire Red & Leaf Green are crummy).... I like the 3rd Generation Pokemon because MORE water Pokemon :)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I?m actually good at the RS metagame, so I guess I?ll vote for it. I played in GSC, but I never really got good at it. I feel I actually know what?s going on in RS, maybe cause I got in on it much earlier and I?m a bit older.
    Plus, we got a good steel attack, we got a good bug attack, we got some common sense moves (Nido and Rhydon Megahorn) we got abilities, and we got some new brokeness too. Fun fun! ^-^
    As far as the actual games go, I had the most fun with RB.
    Oh, and guess how I found this topic. >__>
    because lightning posted in it... simple question =p
    (lol and I got here thinking that it should be moved to general... o.o; )

Blissey/Skarmory were broken in GSC, and are still broken now. Not much difference there... well at least Snorlax is gone but whoops there's Kyogre to replace the brokeness. Weezing's value got boosted by 20 thousand times, and Jolteon is still as common as ever. In the end, all the same...

Err... I have 0 connection with RBY. No vote for that certainly.

GSC... yay Lanturn with thunder/spark/confuse ray/surf! First Pokemon game for me, but didn't do much with it... I played it the most though.

RS and FRLG... well I only played it once and threw it away, but then it's only in RS/FRLG did I start NBing (well 1 month ago). So I don't know which one I like more... GSC or RSFRLG o.o;

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Bliss/Skarm gets horribly beat by Wobbuffet/Dugtrio though, and I?ve got a lot of good anti Blissey that can take Skarm too. o.o;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • ... how is arena trap suppose to trap Skarm? o.o; And even if it's shadow tag, roar? o.o;

And last time I tried Dugtrio quaking a blissey, I got counter OHKO so not even going to try again, and that freakin' thing was barely yellow (and yay softboil back to 100% nice try it was close now try again, and ggkthxnorm) =/

the only perfectly anti both of these *swear* Pokemon is Gengar with sub/focus punch/thunderbolt/shadowball... I found it effective but then it's so copying off someone else that it's just as sinful as using blissey itself, so I didnt' use it...

Hmm besides from the game factor, there's also anime... which Advanced Generation wins beyond doubt... like finally we get "lesser" amount of "Ash meets new trainer. New trainer has new Pokemon. TR steals Pikachu and new Pokemon. Thunderbolt and blast off. Next Episode". AGeneration is more creative, and it's always nice to see the Magikarp salesman ^_^;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • *pokes both Kairi and frostweaver* You?re losing the other members with your technicality-talk. *coughmecough*

o.o And I just remembered that I like the first two sets more because I find the Pokemon in them easier to draw, heh.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    ya, you guys are kinda losing me....
    but anyway, i like 2nd gen the best because it was easier to catch them all! unlike ruby sapphire where they make it next to impossible!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I prefer the first generation more than any other...they were the building blocks of the game, and set the anime, other games, and TCG in motion. Also, since I've been a fan the majority of time pokemon has been in America, I feel a sentimental connection to the old ones...they make me think of the early days of the TCG and anime. Also, the games are the best there are. Despite the newer ones having so many more features, the oldest ones are the originals...the others just feel like sequels that lose a little something each time they're reproduced.

Back