• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roses Have Thorns Too (Contestshipping one-shot)

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Hey everyone!!! It's time for my newest one-shot Roses Have Thorns too!!!!!! It is Contestshipping so I hope you all like it...ENJOY!! :D and plaes tell me what you think :D

'I got my next ribbon guys!!" May cheered to her group. Her friends Ash, Brock and her little brother Max all smiled back at her. May had won another contest and just won the final round against Drew.

"Great job May, that's very impressive" Max commented on his older sisters victory. May smiled and admired her new lavender ribbon. Just then a familiar voice came from behind her. May turned around and saw her crush/rival standing behind her.

"Hey Drew! Great Match today, it was fun." May said happily. Drew sneered, "Ah, don't get too cocky yet May I can still beat you at the next contest"

"I know…." "And don't expect me to go any easier on you because I won't, I'm not going to lose to you again!" Drew but in to May's statement. May's expression fell and Drew walked away.

"Wonder what his problem is" Brock said curious.

"Yeah May just ignore him and I bet we should go out to a fancy buffet to celebrate!" Ash chimed in.

"Now is this for May's pleasure or yours?" Brock laughed. "May's of course" Ash said sarcastically. The group all headed down to the nearest buffet to eat.

~AT THE BUFFET~

Drew sat quietly while eating his food. He played around with his fork and piled some food together. Why do I have to be mean to her? She didn't do anything! I really have to grow up and just tell May how I feel instead of picking on her like some kindergartener. I hope she can forgive me because I really like her…. ~MEANWHILE~

Ash polished off his eighth plate and leaned back in relief. Max and Brock were getting there with their first plate and May didn't really touch her food, she was busy gazing at Drew at a distant table and thinking. Why did he have to be so mean? I really like him...or liked him is a better thing to say. Uuuhhh but I do still like him so what am I saying? Maybe if I flirted with Ash it would make him jealous so it would teach him a lesson on how to treat me!

"EARTH TO MAY! DO YOU READ ME, I SAID EARTH TO MAY!" Ash yelled at his friend who was still staring off into space. May came back to reality and when she saw drew looking over she put her plan into action.

"Yes! I'll always be here for you sweetie" May said louder than normal so Drew could hear.

"You'll always...what…sweetie?" Ash asked confused.

"Yep! You know how much I love you and your personality, looks and even the food you have left on your chin and that ketchup stain on your shirt! I LOVE IT ALL ASH KETCHUM!! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!" She yelled and squealed at the same time. People were looking over and one person in particular, Drew. May looked over to make sure he heard. By time she looked at his table he was gone. May sank low to her seat, even lower than Ash was; who by the way didn't know what to make of the current situation.

May excused herself back to the hotel they were staying at. Ash, Brock and Max (who were also quite confused) nodded silently.

~A LITTLE WHILE LATER~

May laid on her bed trying to think about why Drew had left. Did he not care I loved someone else? Or maybe he left before I started saying how much I loved Ash. Oh man what if he did hear that and thought I was obnoxious so he left? I don't know what I'm going to do… Just then a knock came at May's door. "Come in" she said hoping it wasn't a robber or anything.

Ash walked in and sat down next to her. "So…..do you want to explain exactly what happened at dinner?" Ash asked.

"I don't love you Ash, you're just my friend…and I did that so Drew would hear me and get jealous and realize how much he loved me!" May explained but after hearing what she did out loud she felt stupid for doing it.

"I know…and speaking of Drew he wanted me to give you this" Ash said while handing her a piece of paper. "He gave it to me after you left." He continued. As May opened it Ash walked out of the room and shut it a crack. May read the note it said:

I really thought you were mine,
    But then for Ash you left me behind.
    I guess I let myself get caught up in your game,
    And yet my feelings for you are still the same.
    Just to let you know I'm sorry and the truth is I love you,
    And after seeing you like this I guess it's true, even the most beautiful of roses have thorns too!

Drew.

May scrunched the paper and felt tears welling up.

"He loves me? I can't believe it...and then I go and do this…I feel so stupid!! Now he hates me for being a jerk! Why did I do this…All I wanted was for him to get jealous because I know he loves me and I love him but now…I ruined it" May shouted in her hotel room. Just then her door opened and Drew walked in.

"DREW?!" May shouted startled. "Wh-what are you doing here?" she asked wiping away her tears.

"Ash told me to wait out here while he gave you the note because he knew you liked me…..I guess it's true then huh?" Drew said. "Yeah, pretty much" May said smiling.

"How about you…you like me too right?" May asked.

"No…..I love you" Drew said. He then walked over to her and they kissed!

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Oooo Once again a really nice story !
    That poem was very sweet too. :P

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Thanx :D I'm glad u liked it!!

Yu Kanda

End of Innocence
    Years
  • great job on this one and i think this your best one shot yet good luck with other ones!!!^_^

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    lol thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm happy u like it 2

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2006
    wow this is good, i am even shure that the people on the serebii forums will like this. you should add more to it

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Aww! I really liked it, you are awesome! And the poem at the end was so sweet.

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Rhanx you guys :D :D and ya I was thinkin about postin it on serebii later today!!

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Wow thank you^^ hopefully I'll have another longer one-shot up soon :)

Back