• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sold Pokemon white before obtaining pokemon white 2...

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Is there any way to upload my pokemon white data from the same ds onto pokemon white 2 without the cartridge? Or will i have to buy another copy =(

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
You're going to need to buy another copy. The DS doesn't have a hard drive on which game saves are stored, since that's inside the cartridge itself. The DSi has a hard drive for downloadable games and pictures, but it doesn't store game data. DS cards are designed to work on all DS models, therefore the game save is within them.

Sorry :/

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Keep in mind that you're going to need two DSes to use this data via Memory Link. This is Serebii's explanation:
The Memory Link feature allows for your Pokémon Black2 & White2 games to collect data from Black & White related to your game. This is done via either local wireless in the Unova Link feature or over WiFi if you have used the Game Sync feature on both games. Various things are unlocked with this feature and this page is to detail all of these features including where they are unlocked.

Just thought I would mention that too. :)

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
If you've used/linked/Game Sync'd/Whatever with Pokemon Dream World at least once with your White 1, then your Game Sync data should be on your profile page on the Pokemon Global Link website. Hope that helps!

I've never owned more than one DS at the same time, so I managed to do this with just my 3DS :)

Back