• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    I'm relatively new to the whole concept of EV training, so I'm just looking for a few pointers.

I'm in the mode of setting up a team, but not sure where to find pokemon to train for certain stats.

ATM, I am aiming to train the attack of my Charizard, but cant find any good places to battle, seeing as Gyrados and Seaking are both water, It's difficult to battle them.

Which pokemon are the best for me to battle in order to maximize stats?

thanks in advance

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Note that EVs are shareable via EXP share as well, firstly.

There is a link provided to an EV training guide in the FAQ thread sticky in this section and some 'where to train spots' listed - I'll quote the relevant part that's in the HGSS part of it.

EV Training Details

I'm pretty much new to EV training and would like to know how and what I need to do it correctly?
    EV training is relatively simple to do once you understand it enough. It is time consuming, but there are ways to fasten the progress of your training including various items and more.

Here is a full guide on how to EV train your Pokémon.

I'm interested in EV Training, what are some good locations and Pokémon I can train against?

• HP
      • Hoot-hoot (1pt)
      • Location: Basically everywhere, and quite common. A few areas, Route 1-6.
    • ATTACK
      • Bellsprout & Ekans (1pt)
    • DEFENSE
      • Geodude, Onix, Rhyhorn (1pt)
      • Metapod and Kakuna (2pts)
    • SPECIAL ATTACK
      • Ghastly (1pt)
    • SPECIAL DEFENSE
      • Tentacool (1pt)
      • Tentacruel (2pts)
    • SPEED
      • Magikarp (1pt)
    As for DPPt (seeing you didn't state a game), there's a list of places to train Pokemon for EVs in each state on in serebii's guide here for all 4th/5th gen games - for attack they say 'Machoke/Bibarel - Route 211 East'.

If you have any other questions, please use the Help thread sticky at the top of the section after consulting the FAQ sticky. Answered, so closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back