• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Centres!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So in these games, you have awesome new Pokemon Centres which have Pokemon Marts in them! How did you like this change? Did it make the games easier? Or didn't it affect you much? Would've you preferred them to be separate? Why? Share yo thoughts.

Years
  • I loved this change because the walking needed to get from a Pokemon Center to a Poke Mart and back was a bit tedious so combining the two facilities was really convenient. While the item selection isn't as great it's at least still not only a great place to heal up but also stock up on supplies for the journey ahead.

I hope Game Freak keep it like this for X & Y because I think it was really good.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    It was convenient but I really missed seeing the blue buildings of seperate PokeMarts. :(

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    All about convenience man! I definitely loved the change and let's hope it stays that way.

Pinta77

I agree with Paparazzo. It is convenient, but I'd rather have them separate. It would have been a little more realistic. And it would be cool to see a tricked out PokeMart to.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I miss the Poke Marts a lot. :c
    It was neat at first, but I'm over it completely. I'd like to see cute little shops again. ;n;

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I did not miss the marts one bit, I thought it was better to have them under one roof. If they brought back the mart building I guess it would be okay.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
    Years
  • In previous generations I always saved all my Pokedollars until I got to the BIG pokeMart and they still have one west of Opelucid I believe( I'm not good with names ) so they really catered to me this time around :P howeever in my opinion I think they should have the smaller pokemarts in the smaller less-populated towns and have them both under the same roof in the bigger cities ^ _ ^ 80% of my purchases are super repels :P

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • It was convenient but I really missed seeing the blue buildings of seperate PokeMarts. :(
    Same.

Plus, for the longest time I kept forgetting that the mart was in the pokemon center and I kept running around looking for the mart .-. @_@

Years
  • I loved that they combined the Pokemon Centers and Marts, as I always felt that having two buildings made a city/town seem artificially larger. Plus, the Marts (other than the supersized ones) had little purpose past the shopkeepers themselves, so merging them with the only other recurring building in each place made sense.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2013
    Didn't make a difference for me really, so either way it's cool.

Years
  • I really liked it because you didn't have to go outside and across the street to get your potions. But it still didm't impact my play time or enjoyment at all.

Years
  • I thought it made things a lot more convenient overall. However, I think it would have been nice if some towns had specific stores that were separate from the PC. Like maybe a store that specializes in elemental stones, another for hold items, sort of like the medicine shops that did their own thing separately. But overall, I think it was a pretty cool addition :P

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • So much easier in my opinion..it's only about 5 steps now, to get to the mart from the Pokemon Centre counter. A welcome addition.

Clairvoyance_

Arcanine
    Years
  • I think it did make the game easier. When I was little I always thought, "wherever there's a Pokemart, a Pokemon center is nearby!"
    I kind of miss them being separate, actually.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I loved this change because the walking needed to get from a Pokemon Center to a Poke Mart and back was a bit tedious so combining the two facilities was really convenient. While the item selection isn't as great it's at least still not only a great place to heal up but also stock up on supplies for the journey ahead.

I hope Game Freak keep it like this for X & Y because I think it was really good.

Agreed.

The combination was far more convenient. The only thing I wish they would have incorporated in this installation that they did in Gen 4 was the rotating, neon-lit sign that the PokéMarts had. I thought it brought a more modern taste to the Pokémon World in HG/SS. Even still, I enjoyed the merging of the two establishments.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • It's convenient, that's for sure =D
    Instead of finding marts in the city, you go to PC where you would go anyways and find the mart there =D
    I liked this change.
    Well... I was for every change BW/B2W2 brought... :D

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I love it this way, and the thing I like more is that the mart desks are right at the entrance/exit to prevent me from leaving without buying stuff I need. Needless to say, I still pass right by them sometimes though :D

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think it's so convenient that I don't have to leave Pokemon Center if I want to buy something. Besides, it's really more like Pokemon Center in this way.

Back