• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Regarding Text Boxes

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • Hello I'm helping some buddies with a feature. I do not normally use Pokemon Essentials and I have built my own engine for my own game and I'm finding out veeeery quickly that pokemon essentials is a totally different. I managed to make my feature work outside of where it needs to be injected, but I am having great difficulty in determining where it should be injected.

Anyone with information regarding how Pokemon Essentials or RPG Maker transforms Text typed in the event screen into a message box would be greatly appreciated. I'm not familiar with Ruby or its derivatives used in RPG Maker so pardon me if this seems like something that could be handled like that...

I figured I could grab text here and there and just execute it as a little quick instance, but it seems like Pokemon essentials is just not doing the trick for me, but they insist on using it. :P The DLL is confirmed to work (I use the same thing for my own game).

Also, is there a way to globally define an external call? So that I can call it without having to define it over and over? That might be causing an issue in loops.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Interpreter class do the events for RPG Maker XP. Look at 'def command_101'. In Essentials, 'def command_101' is redefined at PokemonMessages script section, so look at this section instead.

Back