• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wedding

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What would your dream wedding be like? Aka location, food, colors, themes, who would be in your wedding party, what would the invitations look like if you've thought that far ahead, etc. Get as descriptive as you like. Side question: do you think you'd be a bridezilla/groomzilla? (an over demanding/difficult bride/groom)

If you are/were married what was your wedding like? Would you change anything? What were you like during the process?

Sirfetch’d

Something simple with just my immediate family and the family of whom I am marrying. I don't want a huge wedding. I honestly think they are a waste of money and just not something I want anyone to have to pay thousands of dollars for that lasts for a few hours.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I might give a more detailed reply to this later, but the only thing that comes to mind is food. I will not be doing that horrible thing that weddings do where they have two meals and serve them alternately along the table so that everybody gets the one of the two options that they don't like. Everybody will get to pick their own food from a menu.

Because like... sometimes there's one lamb and one salmon... and who really wants salmon?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I don't gush over this sort of thing, but all I want from my wedding is my family and friends and a great, once in a lifetime experience. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't want a big wedding. I don't want it in a church. But I do want to walk to Fix You by Coldplay rather than that tired ass wedding march.

Years
  • I've already had my wedding so I can contribute to the second question.

I wasn't a bridezilla, I couldn't afford to be anyway. I had to plan the wedding in the middle of undertaking my PhD. I think it helped that my husband and I have similar tastes so deciding on everything was very simple.

I really enjoyed my wedding. We had great venues for the ceremony (here for the ceremony)
    Spoiler:
    and the reception. I picked out a fantastic dress. We had a live performance (my brother in law is part of an acapella group) at the reception and we also spaced out the reception activities well (timing of entree, main, desert with speeches, cake cutting, first dance, garter, bouquet toss). The only thing I might change if I went back would be to get different shoes (not that anyone really saw them) or perhaps a slightly different veil.

My dress was superb though. I had a princess dress in ivory with numerous underskirts and a tule overlay (it weighs about 5-10 kg). It has sewn in sequins and lace and the back was my favourite. Instead of the lace ribbon for the corset (which I think looks a bit tacky) the corset was secured using two bra-style clips and a zip. The zip was then covered (so not visible) by an array of silk covered buttons. Because of the ivory colour I wore pearls.

Here is a picture:
    Spoiler:

I also opted for the teardrop bouquet, which I think looks better than a regular poesy bouquet.

When planning your wedding, it is very important to think about the guests and ensure that the night is as entertaining for them as possible. Make sure you have a tab, no one likes going to a wedding and not getting free drinks, and a reception venue that can comfortably accommodate your guests! I went to a wedding a couple years ago where we were all squeezed into an area far too small - there was no real dance floor and moving around was difficult and unpleasant.

I might give a more detailed reply to this later, but the only thing that comes to mind is food. I will not be doing that horrible thing that weddings do where they have two meals and serve them alternately along the table so that everybody gets the one of the two options that they don't like. Everybody will get to pick their own food from a menu.

Because like... sometimes there's one lamb and one salmon... and who really wants salmon?

If there is a large group the venue may not give you an option to choose from a menu. What might be a work around is if you send the menu with the invite and have people send in their dish choice when they RSVP. That way the kitchen will be prepared for the orders.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'm going to be wed in Alaska so that nobody wants to come to it. Then it can just be me and my wife in our freezing cabin for 2 weeks doing all of those newlywed things and sightseeing.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I would first come out and say i don't matter how would my wedding look, as long as it's with the right person, that's first and foremost. I can honestly say that with big confidence.

Years
  • Live thread, live!

I'm simple and I don't like planning for the future. But so far, I've got tulips and coconut creme pie. Ivory dress. Good man. We're meeting in the middle of the aisle to show compromise in our marriage (future hubby does not know this. Incidentally, i don't know my future hubby) and rewriting the vows. I'm walking the aisle by myself.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • Elope at a courthouse and spend the money throwing a giant, effin' party.

Not very good at romantic stuff, really. Neither is my fiancé. Our idea of a date is eating junk food together and playing a co-op game - being ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s to each other.

Back