• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Pokemon Mart

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • In generation V, the pokemon Marts were merged in the local pokemon centers. Can this remain a remain good option for Gen 6? Do you have any new ideas of what they can do to shape the structure(s) of the Pokécenter & Pokémart, in regards of finding everything around in Gen 6?

In addition with the Pokémart, could/should there be more selections of items available for purchase? What types of items should be added for purchase, and what items can possibly be removed? (for example, should Evolution stones be sold?)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Have the Pokemart not just be one corner of the place, but have it as part of the Pokemon Center. What I mean is that I would like it to be based off of the American Drug Stores. Have some shelves in some rows before you get to the nurse. What I would really like is if they allow you to take things off the shelf depending on your budget, and just have a checkout for what you buy.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    I feel like choice scarf and battle items will only be available by BP. I don't think they'll be sold in the mart regularly. I think the poke center and mart will be very similar to how they were in gen 5.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I honestly didn't like the merge of the Pokémon Center and the Pokémart. If that tutorial wasn't given to me I honestly never would have figured out that they merged to two of them together. I would love to have it stand back on its own feet as its own building, especially now that we're getting this graphical change.

As far as what to sell, I don't see a problem with what we have now. I like that it scales to where you are in your journey, and keeps it to the medicinal items. The department store is fine to sell the TMs, and maybe a few battle items (like Derk suggested).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I first thought merging the Pokecenter and the Mart was one of the most stupid ideas ever in a pokemon, but now i've grown to really like this new setup. You can both heal your pokemon and buy/sell stuff in the same place, which is actually really helpful.
    I'd love if they kept it that way, and as far as item selection goes, i think Black2 and White2 had a really good balance with the things available in the mart, with BP's and the shard system, so i wouldn't mess too much with that.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Hm, well, while I do agree that Pokemon Marts merging with the Pokemon centers was an excellent addition for Gen V, and I would love to see it in Gen 6 again, I can't help but wonder, could it possibly be structured, or maybe work differently?

Like, I often wondered why Marts don't sell Pokemon Evolution stones (or correct me if I'm wrong here). I'd just like useful items like that to be sold for the convience of trainers. Evolutionary stones don't necessary have to be sold at every store though; they can just sell evolution stones at major cities, y'know? And another thing, perhaps they don't really have to be just inside pokemon centers. Say there is a beach in this region. Perhaps Pokemon Marts can then take on the form of small, windowless huts, that are beside a healing center of some kind?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • And another thing, perhaps they don't really have to be just inside pokemon centers. Say there is a beach in this region. Perhaps Pokemon Marts can then take on the form of small, windowless huts, that are beside a healing center of some kind?

This is a really cute idea, since it would make every shop more special and unique. They could generally be more fitting with the city's theme, that would be pretty cool.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Have the Pokemart not just be one corner of the place, but have it as part of the Pokemon Center. What I mean is that I would like it to be based off of the American Drug Stores. Have some shelves in some rows before you get to the nurse. What I would really like is if they allow you to take things off the shelf depending on your budget, and just have a checkout for what you buy.

I'd actually like the opposite. I want everything to be available in one spot, and neatly organized.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    If character customization were to exist in this game, then accessories should definitely be sold at a PokeMart. Usually they're for Pokemon-use, but...what's the harm in including a few items to spiff up the look of your protagonist?

If there is player customization, I could see things like purchasing items for 1/2 accessory slots that could affect encounters. For example, equipping an Amulet Coin or Spell Tag to your character, rather than your primary Pokemon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I actually like the idea of having the Mart take the shape of the town that it's in. Honestly I'd like that for both the Pokémon Centers and the Marts. Of course they should keep their distinguishing roofs to make sure the player can still find them, but I'd love some more variance in them, instead of just having a stock version of them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think it'll occur again in X/Y, yeah. There's no reason not to have them merged together. :x Items to purchase idm really. Just not mail. Mail in-game is so useless to me >__>

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Have the Pokemart not just be one corner of the place, but have it as part of the Pokemon Center. What I mean is that I would like it to be based off of the American Drug Stores. Have some shelves in some rows before you get to the nurse. What I would really like is if they allow you to take things off the shelf depending on your budget, and just have a checkout for what you buy.
    Awww, I love this idea! Unfortunately, that's asking for shopping to be just a little bit more tedious for some than if it's all in one spot.

I don't see why they'd spit them apart again. That just feels like a step backward. From what I can tell the fan response of having the Mart and Center merged was taken quite favorably. Then again, GameFreak does have a habit of taking back what they give as each new generation comes around, so you never know.

I'd like to see the Mart and Center kept together though. It was just a lot more convenient in my opinion.

Back