• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: UU First Try

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Hey, this is a RMT for my new (well first) underused team.
I have tried it out on shoddy, mostly against ou teams, but a few uu teams and it has worked out pretty well. I am trying to make it a great uu team, which could also work in the ou tier.

Team at a glance:
moltres_display.png
237.png
9.png
229.png
484.png
123.png

Movesets:

146.png

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Modest - EVs: 252 spA 252 spe 4 hp
Pressure
- Overheat
- Air Slash
- HP ice
- U turn

Moltres is kind of a hit n run lead. It hits hard then gets out, and then comes back in (as long as stealth rock isnt floating around), and hits hard again. Considering changing HP ice for HP grass, and overheat for fire blast, but i hate the inaccuracy.

Using Moltres, i had to have a spinner, so i chose Hitmontop:

237.png

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish - EVs: 252 hp 252 def 6 spe
Intimidate
- Rapid Spin
- Close combat
- Mach punch
- Stone edge

This guy is great support for moltres, and can survive a lot of physical damage. He is a good counter for Ttar, who can hurt me pretty bad, and still hits pretty hard with close combat and stone edge. Mach punch is for weak sweepers with speed boosts, or for general revenge killing.

I knew i needed a special wall, and one that would take out dragons (altaria and flygon), so i chose blastoise. I originally used milotic, but didnt really like it.

9.png

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold - EVs: 252 HP 106 Def 152 spD (My own evs, not sure how viable they are?)
Torrent
- Rapid spin
- Surf
- Toxic
- Ice beam

Blastoise helped my deal with common ou pokemon such as heatran and kingdra who otherwise wall me quite well. It was an all round strong tank in uu, so i dont want to change the pokemon, but possibly the moveset and evs.

With two rapid spinners, i decided i could bring in another rapid spin weak pokemon, and i needed a revenge killer so i chose scyther.

123.png

Scyther @ Choice Band
Adamant - EVs 252 att 252 spe 6 spD
Technician
- Aerial Ace
- Quick attack
- Brick break
- U-turn

Honestly, this scyther hasnt really worked that well. About the only thing it has done well is quick attacked to revenge kill a couple of pokemon, and attracted fire moves for Houndoom. Id be happy to replace him.

With scyther attracting fire type moves, and a initial team that could take out his weaknesses (?) i chose Houndoom as a late game sweeper.

229.png

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Timid - EVs 252 spe 252 spA 6hp
Flash Fire
- Nastly Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark pulse
- HP Grass

This guy makes a great team with blastoise, and once his counters are removed, he can sweep his way through a team after a nasty plot. Quite standard set, even takes out swampert before a nasty plot with HP grass.

I originally used a mixed sweeper nidoking with this team, but found it had a huge gyarados weakness. I chose scarf rotom as a counter to it, but don't really like it that much.

484.png

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Modest - EVs: 252 spe 252 spA 6hp
Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- HP grass/fire
- Will o Wisp (?)

It can (usually) beat gyarados, but thats about it. Im pretty sure a jolly gyara can outspeed it after a dd, so i guess thats bad. Scarf can surprise people sometimes and give me an easy revenge kill, but it doesnt have many options.

The aim of my team is really to set up a sweep for Houndoom. I want to beat its counters first, then have the time to nasty plot at least once, and go.

Thanks for reading, please rate my team :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Either Hitmontop or Blastoise need Foresight. It lets you Rapid Spin on ghosts, which this team NEEDS you have so many SR weaks lol x.x

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Thanks, I thought hitmontop could learn foresight, but when I tried building it on shoddy, it wouldn't give me the option of it. I'll replace mach punch for it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Rotom: Trick can go in the last slot to cripple walls with the Choice item it has.

Hitmontop: Its Special Defense is higher, but its Defense is also good, so changing the nature to Careful may be better, as well as changing the Defense EVs to Special Defense.

Scyther: It's better off as Jolly. The set's fine, though.

Back